Theme Park Discussion / New family oriented park being planned for Fort Worth?

• Austin55%s's Photo
    Ok so in the past few days there has been a few interesting things going on in my neck of the woods relating to a potential new theme park (or something) to be located in or near Fort Worth, Texas (my hometown mind you)

THIS article was sort off the start of the whole thing, summerized, the article talks about a company aiming to do family geared animation and whatnot, and mentions a few of the people involved are ex-Disney. Of interesting note this quote was in the article...

DreamVision CEO/Chairman and founder Rick Silanskas stated in a recent interview “….I was inspired by the heart and soul of Walt Disney and hope in some way to honor his legacy as DreamVision reaches the world with hope, joy and inspiration. It is my goal to soon call Fort Worth The Family Entertainment Capital of The World.”

One of the other things mentioned in the article was of a large party to be held on Main Street Fort Worth tomorrow (June 1), consisting of several live bands, and being capped with what they call "“Celebration In The Sky”, the largest original fireworks symphony in the South West over the skies of Fort Worth."

Move on a few days later. The Star-Telegram (local paper) posted an article mention how the company plans on building an 80,000 Sq. foot studio somewhere in Fort Worth and relocating its 30 some odd employee's from Orlando to it's new headquarters in Fort Worth. A main draw for the group to FW has apparently been investors, (potentially a member of the Bass family)

Another interesting quote from this article

Company officials, who include former Walt Disney Co. executives, say they will also unveil plans for “expansive development” of family-oriented entertainment, including films, amusement parks and resorts, and music.

And then earler today Bud Kennedy, a local news reporter tweeted a picture of a DreamVison bus in downtown with the caption

The DreamVision RV at Main/9th, where plans for a major family theme park west of town will be unveiled Sat at 8p.

Doing some research into this mysterious DreamVision company, really the only quality work they've done is this animated short called "Hooked"

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo....video/19475041" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href=" from <a href=" - Character Matters</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vi...>Vimeo</a>.</p>

So far very that is the gist of it, but it's all been very interesting to me. I plan on attending this event tomorrow and seeing what more I can learn.

I'm certainly very skeptical of anything truly interesting ever actually being built perhaps, but either way what is going on in Fort Worth is very interesting.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    Huh. Competition means SFOT might soon get something good.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    New article Bassicly states outright that these guys are planning a "theme park" getting back to family values somewhere in Fort Worth . More info should be revealed tonight.

http://dfw.cbslocal....-to-fort-worth/

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading