Theme Park Discussion / New B&M's 2014

• Austin55%s's Photo
    So far we have a few without much information.

Nitro at the new Adlabs Imagica in Mumbai. This park also has a premier of some sort under construction. Here is the only picture I found (did not look very hard)
    RCDB says it's a 5 inversion floorless. It may actually be a 2013 opener but not much is known.
    Posted Image

And we have some new track that recently showed up at Heide park. It's all but confirmed to be a Wingrider.
    Posted Image

Then we have a potential bimmer at Kings Island, but that has a topic.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Nitro is going to be a clone of Batman at SF:NE.

Really hoping that Kings Island is getting a giga. Would really suck to see a wingrider there IMO.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    EDIT: scroll down for what I really have to say
    That was a weird double-post
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Nitro is going to be a clone of Batman at SF:NE.

Really hoping that Kings Island is getting a giga. Would really suck to see a wingrider there IMO.

I agree 100%. Though a large inverted coaster, similar in nature to Alpengeist would also strike my fancy. I think Cedar Fair is a bit too wise to develop Cedar Point and King's Island with similar attractions in consecutive years...

I've seen rumors that Matt Oiumet has said something along the lines of "we have to do something about replacing SOB so the signature ride on the KI skyline", which would suggest a giga. King's Island is also one of the few parks that could comfortably fit a giga of any length... I wonder if they'll go for longest steel coaster in North America with it (even though it would just be breaking Millennium Force's number) so that they could claim longest wooden and steel coasters in NA at the same park... That would be a cool marketing gimmick. I can't see them going after Steel Dragon 2000s overall record, but I'll never say never. I'd love an almost 2 mile long B&M giga; wouldn't you?

Ride6
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Would love to see a Leviathan-esque giga at KI, but unfortunately it seems that Screamscape is convinced that it will be a wingrider, and it will be called Banshee (I'm sure I don't need to go into the story about that).

I really hope they're proved wrong, but granted there are only four coasters there with inversions, two of them being Vekoma clones (Firehawk and Invertigo) and I remember that Flight of Fear being particularly rough (in comparison to the one at KD, which I actually enjoyed), leaving Vortex, which (if Cedar Fair's claims for their future are true) won't be around for much longer, there is a real void of good looping coasters at that park. I kind of felt it, as I was at KD a few days before, which has some awesome loopers, such as Dominator and Volcano. Adding a looper is a logical choice, but it's not the one we're all hoping for.

Here's the link to the Screamscape article
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    The Banshee name is 99% confirmed as Cedar Fair trademarked it not to long ago. My question is where screamscape is getting this inside info. In an interview Matt Ouimet, the CEO of Cedar Fair, stated that no Cedar Fair park had a wingrider lined up for installation for the next few years. Could he have been lying for the sake of confidentiality? Sure. But the way he said it in the interview seemed like he wasn't trying to hide anything, and he can always say what parks aren't getting.

I just think it would be a shame to have such a massive, open space go to waste for another wingrider when a massive giga could very easily take the place of SOB.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    If it's a wingrider I'll be deeply disappointed. A massive floorless with the worlds tallest/highest loop or a huge inverted coaster really strikes me as a better choice if Cedar Fair truly need loops in the equation. Cedar Point has always been relatively low on loops too, though slightly less so of late with Maverick and Gatekeeper...

Considering that they just (legitimately) removed the tallest wooden coaster in the world, it seems like a relatively smart choice to go with something that out-scales it, at least in height, if not presence. I've only been to King's Island in '11 and '12 but SOB was still a MASSIVE entity on the skyline and if CF thinks that filling that void with a wingrider is wise then I have to question their smarts... Screamscape is every bit as likely to be hearing bullsh!t rumors as the rest of us given Ouimet's interview at the opening of Gatekeeper.

Or, so I hope.

Or else I need to get a business degree and get me his job. ASAP.

Ride6
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Heide? That actually looks incredibly interesting. The airtime hill after the first hill looks like it might put out some great airtime, and pretty much everything afte rthe Immelman looks totally new for a B&M.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    The whole section after the immelman looks unbelievable. Might have to take a trip to Germany next year.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I didn't expect a proper layout. It looks great!
  • Majordomo%s's Photo
    I love that Norwegian Loop
  • gir%s's Photo
    Damn, that looks amazing!
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    So incredibly unique. Looks like a great purchase.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    looks really awesome
  • Mr.Brightside711%s's Photo
    yeah the wing coaster is awesome!

Also, someone mentioned that the new coaster nitro was a clone. It isn't... Nitro doesn't have a pre-drop so the first drop is pretty sweet
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    AWESOMES

b&m prove that they can make interesting layouts IF asked to <3
  • Roomie%s's Photo

yeah the wing coaster is awesome! Also, someone mentioned that the new coaster nitro was a clone. It isn't... Nitro doesn't have a pre-drop so the first drop is pretty sweet

It also has an extra helix. Its very similar to both Dark Knight and Insane Speed but with minor difference

Posted Image
  • Steve%s's Photo
    That wingrider looks epic. Restores my faith in B&M after seeing Banshee.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I've always had faith in B&M <3

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading