(Archive) Advertising District / Universal Studios Taiwan

• nin%s's Photo
    Hello NE. I present you a small park I've been working on for the past few days, streaming it rather frequently to those that enjoy to watch.

Unveiling Universal Studios Taiwan! A small Universal park that is primarily influenced by Islands of Adventure, among other Universal parks.

I'll begin this with the updated (and completed) entrance area, based off Port of Entry:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This park began as a simple reddit contest entry, but I may be saving it for a release specifically on here, not sure yet. The deadline for the contest is at the end of the month, and while it's my goal to finish it before then, I know that i probably won't. No matter, my goal of building a park in a month is not a very strict one, and if I don't reach it I'll finish this park anyway. The bench is small and uses an old ProTour bench, so don't expect anything too extravagant, but hopefully I'll be able to include a few surprises for everyone.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    +1 for old protour bench
    +1 for integrated NCSOs
    +1 for <3 for Taiwan
    +1 for reddit contest
    -1 for that magenta/purple/green/wood shrine

Pretty ace in my book.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Finally! Round tables!
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I am very, very excited to see more of this. Fantastic stuff so far.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    lol Corkscrewy. Good stuff, I hope to be able to watch the stream more frewuently then I've been able to.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I love the pagoda building in the second screen. Inverted arches have never looked so good before... This park looks pretty awesome, looking forward to seeing what else you can do with this.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I want to like this but I dunno, dude. I actually like your NCSO work more than this. Everything just looks so dated and blocky to me here. I do like that pagoda used with the original scenery piece, though. Overall it's nice, but I guess I just know you can knock this out better given your past work with the lack of newer objects. Keep going, dude!
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    ^+1 with everything Steve says

Your NCSO is better than this (not to say this is bad, it's actually really good). Please continue with this.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Very cool. I love the integration of the default pagoda in the second screen. The Egyptian scenery everywhere is becoming kind of a cliché but it still looks good, always. I hope you can really finish this in a month.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    IoA always excites me and I like some of what I am seeing in the PoE area. Looks like you started Marvel Island? Fuckin show it already!
  • Highball%s's Photo
    I like it, but I'm not getting a PoE vibe from it. I know you said you're "basing" it off of PoE, but I dunno. Something's just not clicking for me. The pathing choice is definitely one reason.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading