General Chat / International Postcard Exchange

Is this a thing you are interested in

postcards? maps? packages? whatever?

Would you prefer to have one person handle all addresses, or to have everyone in the exchange be able to see your address?

If you participate, how much time will you spend on it?

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

hey guys that's not actually my address btw. But we should start like an international postcard exchange. That'd be cool.

PM Louis to get involved!

CURRENT PARTICIPANTS:

Louis - "send me anything"
    Airtime - "preferably anything themepark related but not really fussed"
    Austin55 - no comment
    Liampie - "i'd like to receive bullshit. don't care about theme park stuff. unless it's bullshit. love bullshit."
    ][ntamin22 - "send me meat products. or whatever else."
    Dark Horse - no comment
    nin - no comment
    Xcoaster - "I'm fine with sending/receiving anything"
    5dave - "I'm fine with anything, really! As long as you don't send me threats because of low accolade ratings"
    Milo - "I don't mind receiving just about anything"
    csw - " I will take all letters and any package that will fit in a mailbox. But who would want to send a package to a total n00b like me? "
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I said a while back I wanted one of those postcards ][ :( lol

I also want to suggest a park map exchange too. I know some of us were talking about swapping some maps a few months or so ago.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Count me in.
    I already tried postcrossing, but my card never arrived in Russia :[

"MFG"
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Yes. Count me in as well!
    We should have a "cheesiest postcard" contest =D
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I'm not saying everybody has to do art and spend a lot of time on it, but international stamps are ~$1.

I'm convinced.

We should have a "cheesiest postcard" contest =D

Yes, contests!
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Cool idea. I'm not much of an artist though. Maybe some photographs of the family farm? I think there may be some baby goats soon....
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Everyone who signs up is guarenteed a "Louis Loves You" postcard.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    I'd definitely be interested in a park map exchange. Postcards would be cool as well, also cool pictures of our own parks (I've gotten a few nice pictures of my home park over the years)
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Louis if I didn't get an address I didn't send anything.

I don't think I managed to bring back any park maps from Korea, so I hope people will settle for Kings Island.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I need to keep reminding myself that I love my internet friends more than I do my real-life friends. I'm so in.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I have attached a poll to the OP so we can start moving on this.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Glad my post piqued your interest! I'd love to see this go forward.

I do worry about the inclusion of meat products though. I feel like Louis might make some poor choices with that...

Not to sure how to handle addresses. That information should definitely not be public.

I will definitely participate and send off some SFOT maps and Texas postcards of course :) and maybe some other fun stuff.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Was a bit annoying that I could only choose one option in each category :p

In terms of addresses, I think it needs to be done one of two ways. Either everyone involved has everyone else's addresses so things can be sent to whoever at any time or one person has everyone's addresses and people can request someone's address from that person.

The second option becomes redundant however when a person has sent something to everyone else and thus has everyone's address. So perhaps the first option is best.

I guess it also depends on whether people want certain people to know their address. I'm not being funny or nasty towards the newer members, but I know there are certain members here that I know I can trust 100%, there are other members here that I don't personally know all that well (the newer people). I know this is the case for a lot of members, so whilst I don't mind giving my address to any tom, dick or harry, i'm sure there are people that don't wish their address to be given to certain people.

In terms of the first way, I'm happy to be the trusted person that holds all the addresses, this isn't because i'm a die hard spammer or top secret super spy and I want as many addresses as possible, I just assume that in my position as admin, I'm a well trusted member of the site that a lot of people get on well with.

But yeh, totally down for this.
  • csw%s's Photo
    I think the postcards/packages that people send have to be unique to where they're from...because I can just google pictures of roller coasters.
  • Twiggy%s's Photo
    If we were to send packages around the world, then the price of shipping, depending on the size of the package, would cost a pretty penny. I have no problem paying a reasonable price. It's all up to you guys.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Lol @ the "just like the NE chat" option. That's hilarious.

I could send everyone cool, hip, fresh Disney postcards in the coming months; I'll have a ton of them. I'm also down with the first option Louis suggested. Seems the most reasonable way to go about doing this.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    I'd be interested in maps. I'd be happy with postcards just I think anyone receiving any from me maybe disappointed since I don't have a stash of postcodes and I never buy them whereas I have a decent collection of park maps.
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    mt baker maps anyone?

EDIT: WOAH WHO CHANGED MY AVATAR?
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Unless there are any objections To LoLo handling addresses I propose we go with that.
  • gir%s's Photo
    I might be down for this once I figure out what my current address actually is, how to receive mail, and how to send mail! I am lost in translation right now.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading