(Archive) Advertising District / tdub's Parks n stuff

• tdub96%s's Photo
    I've played this game for a while, and I've never been really good. At least, not on NE level. But I'm giving it a real serious go this time (havent done anything serious in RCT since 2011-ish) and trying to keep it simple and do-able for me using NCSO. And, turns out, I'm having loads of fun with it.

Well as most of you have seen, I've been posting a bit of screens from my NCSO park in the dump place recently. They're screens from a park called "Silver Grove," that I'm intending on making a timeline park after submission.

Posted Image
    Here's a little diner located near the entrance to "Swift," a B&M hyper built in 1999...

Posted Image

Posted Image
    My favorite area I've ever done...a mine-town themed area with these two rides.

Posted Image
    Another diner-type building...sorry for the poor image quality. I recently learned to save as png and not bmp lol

Posted Image
    And here's the current overview.

I can say that my park layout and path layout wasn't really done well. I didnt plan this park (at all), and I basically winged it at the start. Now, I've got a decent idea of what I'd like to do with it. But, I guess you learn the hard way, and my future parks will be much more thought out. I've definitely got a few ideas, but I want to finish this bad boy first.

Any comments are welcome, and thanks for taking the time to read!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I really, really love that bridge in the first screen.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Just saw this. I meant to say that I loved the hyper screen when you first posted it in the dump place. The element and colors just look really good. The mine train/log flume combo isn't bad either.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Seems you've got a good bit of progress already. I like the colors of the diner building in the .png (well, I would like them in-game, not so much in the actual screenie :p).

I'm interested to see that white woodie in the bottom left a little closer. ;)
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Hey guys thanks for the comments. Much appreciated.

Anyways, I was hoping to get some inputs/opinions/criticism on this custom Mega-Lite layout I just built. Personally, Im not totally satisfied with the layout but I'm not really sure what else to do with it. I'm a bit puzzled. And I wanna get this coaster in stone before continuing the area.

Posted Image
  • Hex%s's Photo
    I'm not a layout expert by any means. The thing I would do is to get rid of that twisted bank drop that goes over the station. How you do that is up to you, or just wait for a smarter person to comment. :p

-S.C.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading