(Archive) Advertising District / Attractiepark Hoornsemeer

• WhosLeon%s's Photo

The day is finally there! Reacreatiepark Hoornsemeer is opened for the first time. it used to be a simple path around the lake, but this beautiful piece of nature has a new owner, and he has other plans with it. He wants to turn it into an amusement park. And today the first step towards that goal is taken.
    Here are some pictures of the opening day:

Posted Image
    The brand new slide into the lake, located on the beach

Posted Image
    The horseriding school that is located near the lake.
    Posted Image
    Here you have the first real attraction of the park, 'Zweefmolen', and a little snack bar where you can get Fast Food and Drinks.

On my way home I spotted some construction behind the beach:

Posted Image

Today is the opening of a brand new rollercoaster! Treetop Racer sure is an eye catcher with its huge drop
    Posted Image

A new souvenir shop opened on the entrance plaza. This plaza is expanded because of the increasing amount of people visiting the park, you can also see the new attraction; 'Carousel'
    Posted Image

Posted Image
    An overview of the park so far.

It's been a good 2 years at Hoornsemeer. Because of Treetop Racer the amount of guests have increased and there was enough money to expand the park. The big new addition to the park is the Arrow Looper called Corkscrew! Also the park changed it's name to 'Attractiepark Hoornsemeer
    Posted Image

I also went to check how Treetop Racer was doing, and something caught my eye, the park has constructed a stage on the grass patch right before the coaster. On this stage different artists will perform throughout the day.

Posted Image

Here is an overview of the park so far:
    Posted Image

Im going on vacation in 2 days, so there won't be a new update for 2 weeks.

See you next time!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Soooo cuteeee <3

I have a couple of concerns over the amount of coloured wood you are using.

I also think that for now, the forrest foliage is fine as you are still going through the timeline and right now it doesn't need to be amazing. But when it comes to filling the park up more and releasing the park I think it would be beneficial to make the surrounding forrest foliage a lot better.

But yeah, really looking forward to more from this, I love timeline parks and I love you!
  • posix%s's Photo
    When people can build this story-mode style like that it never fails to impress me.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Save some inspiration and motivation for De Concurrenten 3. The more parks I see in this style, the more I want to do a park like this. So nostalgic!

I do think you're going too quickly... I get that the first years are always boring, but I'd rather fast-forward it rather than compressing time. Same old critique for a same old park. ;) The rate at which you're adding big rollercoasters isn't credible, and neither is the renewed entrance. The park itself is looking good, and you're nailing the style. I don't mind the foliage, by the way.

Good stuff.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    I really like the blue cork. good shit :)
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Over the past few years we've watched the park grow with small additions to help the guests enjoy their day. There's now a Guest Services by the entrance.

Posted Image

Last year a new toilet building was opened up alongside the lake.

Posted Image

Guests continue to enjoy the Carousel and we've constructed a new eatery and a new fishing pier.

Posted Image

Our newest addition, installed this year, is an Adventure Playground for our younger guests.

Posted Image

Screens show mainly work by Leon, but a little bit by myself.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Except for the second screen, this is looking good. Architecture relies too much on gables on the front though. It's not easy to experiment in this style, but it's possible.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    This is my favorite topic in the AD right now
    I wish the landscape you were using was less flat, but other than that this kind of advertising is really interesting and entertaining

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading