Theme Park Discussion / SF: Great America getting a new coaster?

• Austin55%s's Photo
    http://www.gurnee.il...ndas/08-21-2013

Let's speculate :)
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    Biggest Loop In the World: The Ride
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Haha yea, everyone seems to be thinking it'll be a premier. Fantastic choice, as I love Premiers.
  • XCars%s's Photo
    As this is my home park, I'm obviously very interested in the project. Of course it seems almost obvious that we'll be seeing a Full Throttle 2.0. I'm still hoping for some sort of airtime machine (A guy can dream right?). Ehh, whatever it is I'll be excited, heck I was originally really hoping for a new, cool flat. Now my only goal is to get on the inaugural ride crew.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeah I've been totally stumped as to wtf it will be. I guess Premier is just an educated guess as there isn't much else around that they can have.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    When we visited it, they said they were planning something new for next year. Didn't expect it to be a coaster!
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    If it ends up being a premier, I see it being something more like an extra large superman than any variation on FT. Maybe something with a bit more track and a dual station or along those lines? Not to mention that GAM is a very busy location so capacity really needs to be high. Unless SF wants a people eater where the lines are what eats you.

FT was a very specific coaster for it's location. And Iron Wolfs spot is not to big.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    Iron wolf was larger than that.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    There have been talks of relocating the go karts, so maybe it will cross the paths and do some stuff there. Whatever it is, I hope it's cool.
  • XCars%s's Photo
    Newest rumor from Daily Herald newspaper is 165ft. woodie, breaking the fastest speed record. I would post the link to the article but they may have taken it down because I can't get to it.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeah, I was leaning more towards Woodie than Premier.

FT is very specific to it's location, Superman style would waste a lot of space.

If it's gonna be Premier, i'd say we can expect something totally different and possibly more along the lines of Mr Freeze style.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

Newest rumor from Daily Herald newspaper is 165ft. woodie, breaking the fastest speed record. I would post the link to the article but they may have taken it down because I can't get to it.

Very interesting! El Toro is currently the fastest woodie @ 70 mph, but is a good 15 feet taller. If this DH is true, we could have something spectacular on our hands.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    The only way it would make sense to break the speed record is if it were launched or went underground. I think the latter would make more sense, regarding the teasers.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^Teasers?
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
  • Jimmy Lethal%s's Photo

The only way it would make sense to break the speed record is if it were launched or went underground. I think the latter would make more sense, regarding the teasers.

A launched woodie... damn. I like that idea.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    cool teasers, even if they are cheesy
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Gonna be wooden:

http://www.dailyhera...news/708219839/

According to the source (pretty accurate if you ask me) it will be 'the world's fastest wooden rollercoaster'. It will also be 'pulled by a chain' (lift hill) and run on 'polyurethane wheels'.

Now the only wooden coaster I know of that runs on polyurethane wheels (to make it quieter) is Wodan. I'm not saying this will be a GCI (seeing as most people think it will be RMC) but it will be interesting to see what company it will be, particularly going by the layout and height map:

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Saw that blue print. If real, the coaster looks like it will have a Dive Loop.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading