(Archive) Advertising District / B&M Looper/Invert

• Hydra%s's Photo
    As a new player, I'm looking for some feedback. I do know exactly how to better construct some Arabic inspired buildings. Here's what I have so far. I stopped before I could do more damage.

Posted Image
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    its not that bad, don't be so hard on yourself! suggestions: make the water go all the way up to the brick wall. make the buildings meaningful to the park- right now they're just blank walls. make them open at the bottom so that a shop or cafe or something can be there. definitely don't make the rooves white. look up other arabian things for inspiration- the hurricanes did a great world showcase park in the previous h2h which had a good arabian area. Also, J K's mine train design is a good place. I'm sure there are more quality arabian areas that I can't remember just yet (highball's disneysea comes to mind).
    make there be a point to that water sculpture- right now its just a big block of stone, which makes no sense if you think about it. here you go. I just a quick google search for arabian stuff, why not do that and try to copy the forms as close as you can?
    lastly, color. vibrant awnings, bustling bazaars and marketplaces, lush foliage, all of that is very arabian and very lively and exciting. do that
  • Hydra%s's Photo
    Thank you. Unfortunately, I may have to start over with this. I'm using Arjan's workbench and I keep getting a message saying I'm missing Dukes012 (and some random numbers after that). I've re-downloaded the workbench as well as Duke's stalls, but it still gives me the message.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    What did you do after downloading the stalls? You have to add them to a folder as well. (I believe it's called Objdata or something)
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^ I've got a pm from Hydra a couple of days ago and gave him/her the duke stalls, i'm not sure if he/she got it to work though, since i haven't heard from Hydra.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading