(Archive) Advertising District / Park Nehalennia

• Odour%s's Photo
    Hi friends!
    You probably don't know me, right? I'm Odour. I'm not only bad at picking usernames, but I'm also bad at RCT2 (relatively bad, that is. In comparison to you guys I suck pretty damn bad). A while ago I uploaded some coasters (unrealistic layout and the theming was even worse) and a park, the Golden Hinoki. Let's not further discuss that park :clown:/> .

So anyway, I'm back in the game. Not only am I about halfway with a NCSO-park, but also have I started a new park, called Park Nehalennia.

Criticism = welcome, negativism = ALT+F4.

Posted Image
    Let's kick off with 50% of the Mainstreet. Original? No. Well designed? No. But for some reason I like the atmosphere here.

Posted Image
    And, obviously, the other half. Everything that's white isn't finished.

Posted Image
    This is a screen I like, because it's so Dutch :)/>/>

Posted Image
    Walk a little while and you'll stumble upon the Kids' Town. For some reason I think this area needs more atmosphere. A different path, perhaps? In that building on the right is half of the kiddo coaster, called HorrorDeath.

Posted Image
    And the other half. I thought the Kids' Town needed some fountains, but perhaps it's too small for them?

Posted Image
    And onwards we go. What you're looking at are the anthracite mines. In the mines you'll find the coaster, Anthracite, and the ride with the monster trucks called the Anthracite Miners. This area is not entirely finished yet.

Posted Image
    Close to the mines lay the Woodland Hills. In those hills you will find, for example, this coaster, the Eurydice. Not what you would call an ultra-intense ride, but fun for the whole family.

Posted Image
    On the other side of the park lies this island, called Little Jamaica. Dominated by the coaster called Kaya it also contains a Jet Ski-rental (Caribbean Cruising) and a motion simulator ("Horror: They Stole the Pot!").

Well, that's pretty much it, so far. I reckon it will take a very very long time to finish it, especially because my study starts this week, but I'll give it a try.

So. What are your critics? :)/>
  • posix%s's Photo
    It's good. Perhaps a bit too packed sometimes. The mainstreet is a bit too colourful for my liking.

I love the canoe ride. Nice path interaction, and I like how you used the large grass objects as dividers. Very tasteful foliage here overall, which is in strong contrast to some of the other screens.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Any kiddie coaster called horror death I'm a fan of..
  • csw%s's Photo
    The main street is a bit too crowded for me; the path should be another tile wider at least. I know that's a lot of work, but I think it would look a lot better. The other screen are looking pretty nice :)
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    given the topic title, I was pleasantly surprised. but for some reason the quality drops in the last screens, which are mostly rides and poor landscaping with no real thought or themeing
  • Odour%s's Photo

Any kiddie coaster called horror death I'm a fan of..

You should be, this bad boy can go up to a 40km/h!

given the topic title, I was pleasantly surprised. but for some reason the quality drops in the last screens, which are mostly rides and poor landscaping with no real thought or themeing

Thanks ;)
    And yeah, the last screens are not really amazing, I know. I really can't think of how to improve the area around Eurydice... Little Jamaica needs some improvement too, but also here I'm not really sure what. And obviously the mines need some foliage.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    jamaica is more than the colors of its flag. its got island resorts but also very poor areas outside of those resorts, which is sort of hard to theme an amusement park to. if i were you, id change it to havana or key west or something and make it a colonial spanish/ tropical mangrove sort of island. or if you're really keen on jamaica, maybe take a look at the city of god area in fatha's bush gardens san simeon.

for the mine, add anything really. mines arent just square holes in the ground, and you've just plopped a weird car ride down into them. add buildings, machinery, etc.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading