(Archive) Advertising District / Foggy Mountain

• Majordomo%s's Photo
    A Proposal has just been accepted by Jackson County, NC to place a ski resort and waterpark on the slopes of Foggy Mountain. From March through October, the resort plans to operate as a waterpark. From October to March, the park will operate as a ski resort. Now that the proposal has been accepted, the land has just been purchased. Here is the lot:

Posted Image

Waterfalls are abundant in the area. The largest falls in the park falls 45 feet over three cascades.

Posted Image

There is also a great amount of plant diversity in the area. Several meadows on the lot will offer guests a great view of wildflower blooms in the spring and summer.

Posted Image

At higher elevations, the deciduous forests and wildflower meadows give way to conifers.

Posted Image

---

Alright guys, this is going to be my waterpark! I've decided to set this in the mountains of Western North Carolina, somewhat near Great Smoky Mountains National Park. "Foggy Mountain" is a fictional place, but Jackson County is real.

The Ski resort/waterpark concept is going to be based off of Camelbeach/Camelback Mtn. I may even end up incorporating some of their non-waterpark attractions as well, such as the alpine slide and gondola.

Alright. Next thing on the list is a main gate and changing area. Also, some ski runs.
  • WhosLeon%s's Photo
    I know it's not very fun to hear it after making all of this, but i'd lower all of the water 1 tile
  • Majordomo%s's Photo

I know it's not very fun to hear it after making all of this, but i'd lower all of the water 1 tile

I haven't done it yet, but I'm going to do some detail work around the creek beds with the 1/4 tile rock and dirt objects. It'll make it look like the creeks have more of a bank, and also mix up the terrain textures a bit. I didn't want it sunk by a full tile (since they're small bodies of water), but I want it lower than the surrounding land. It'll happen :) .
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ I agree.

Other than that... continue.
    It's always nice to have a storyline advertizement.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    You should definately make river banks, but I disagree that water always needs to be in a trench... Stupid rule! Like this it's more natural anyway.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading