General Chat / Reading Festival 2003

• i c ded pplz%s's Photo
    I wish i lived in England.

Cursed Middle of Nowhere country i live in... :@
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    The only reason why I would go is for Deftones, Glassjaw, and The Mars Volta. Although, I live all the way in California and all we have is the crappy Ozzfest (Which I am never going to go to again in my life), but you English peeps are lucky. See Glassjaw, they put on a great fucking show.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Thank the stars above for WBCN. As usual, they're putting on the annual River Rave festival, but this year they've moved it from Foxboro/Gillette Stadium (a poor concert venue if there ever was one) to a real stage, the Tweeter Center. Of course, this means capacity is way decreased, but I don't care. With any luck I'll have tix for this soon. The lineup:

Beck
    Good Charlotte
    Jack Johnson
    Blur
    Saliva
    Dropkick Murphys
    Evanescence
    AFI
    Seether
    The Used
    Finch
    The Donnas
    Interpol
    (hed)pe

In the unlikely even you can get Beck, AFI, and Interpol in the same place, that's awesome enough. But when you throw in Blur, Dropkick Murphys, and Jack Johnson...that's bliss.
  • mantis%s's Photo

Beck
    Blur
    Interpol

I want to go to this! Oh well, never been to America and I doubt that I'll be able to for quite some time...
  • bocoson%s's Photo

See Glassjaw, they put on a great fucking show.

I was going to see them last week but Darrel had a relapse (he has crones disease) so they cancelled and didn't reschedule. A shame. My friend nearly killed herself. No word of a lie. Capdown cancelled aswell (fucking pussies...scared of flying because of Iraq) so I had to settle for InMe. Who were shit.

Anyway, Download all the way bitch.

Download Festival: Confirmed Lineup
    Saturday 31st May

Main Stage

Iron Maiden
    Marilyn Manson
    Deftones
    Ministry
    In Me
    Murderdolls

Kerrang / Radio 1 Stage

A
    Hatebreed
    Sikth
    Stampin' Ground
    Funeral For A Friend
    From Autum To Ashes
    Shadow's Fall
    Arch Enemy
    Murder One

Sunday 1st June

Main Stage

Limp Bizkit
    Audioslave
    Zwan
    Less Than Jake
    Disturbed
    Stone Sour

Scuzz Stage
    Deconstruction Tour 2003

NOFX
    Boysetsfire
    The Bouncing Souls
    [Spunge]
    Strung Out
    The Real McKenzies
    Thrice
    TSOL
    Not Katie's
    Randy
    Fabulous Disaster
    More tba

Kerrang / Radio 1 Stage

Mudvayne
    Spineshank
    One Minute Silence
    Raging Speedhorn
    Chevelle
    Brand New
    Taking Back Sunday
    The Blood Brothers
    Instruction
    Pacifier

Iron Maiden, Deftones, Manson, Audioslave, Zwan, Less Than Jake, Stone Sour, NOFX, Mudvayne, OMS and Speedhorn. My god. SOAD are rumoured too. I had a ticket for the sunday aswell but I have an exam on the Monday so I can't go. Shame. 8@
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Holy fuck, even the smallest of stages have some of the best bands.

Shadow's Fall, Hatebreed, Spineshank, Deftones, Manson, Mudvayne, Disturbed.

I want a ticket now.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Oh, all of you with your little 'too good to have any bands nobodies heard of, because you're not cheap' festivals! My local indie station is throwing one, with bands nobody has heard of... even if you listen to the station!

Except for one of these bands which is a big Americana, Alt. Country, etc act (like Wilco, only even more terrible!). Although I don't know which one it is, because they went and changed their name on me.

Whatever.

Bands/Artists:
    Barely Pink
    Big Kitty
    Boats
    Chris Ardoin and Double Clutchin'
    Chuck Prophet
    Cocktail Honeys
    D' Visitors
    DJ Le Spam and the Spam All Stars
    Eric "Red" Schwartz
    The Gourds
    Heritage O.P.
    Irritable Tribe of Poets
    Jibreel & Eclectic Soul
    Lucky Peterson
    Midnight Ramblers
    MOD
    Mofro
    Nexus/Plexus
    Orchestra Matata
    Patchouli
    Paul Thorn Band
    Priya Thomas
    Rico Monaco and Sol Sons
    Saturn 5
    The Lee Boys
    Tim Version
    Tribal Style
    Utah Carol
    The Waifs

Florida HIP HOP Showcase:
    Cyne
    Double Helix
    Red Tide
    Sol.Illaquists of Sound
    X of Transparent Dark Productions

...and none of that is unofficial, or rumored. The 'Florida Hip Hop Showcase' is actually a seperate event, thrown at the same time, by a show on the station featuring Floridian (local, underground) hip-hop acts.

Let's just hope that they realized Bass music died along time ago. I don't want to hear that stupid 'Tootsie Roll', ever again!
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    ^ But what if all those bands are shit? Lol. If they could do tha with Unknown death metal bands it would be quite cool.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Nick is right. Just because they're indie doesn't mean they're immediately gods of their craft. For all you know, they could be unsigned to a major label for a good reason.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    I can't beleive download have got Chimaira playing on the kerrang stage on Saturday. They will be playing "The Impossiblity of Reason" as well. Not forgetting Raging Speedhorn are added to the list, along with Violent Delight.

Now if only I could persuade my mum and dad to get a weekend ticket for £70. Maybe, just maybe.

Anyone actually going?
  • cg?%s's Photo
    I never said they were good beacause they were indie, nor would I ever imply they were good because nobody has ever heard of them (unless it was a joke). But, with a station as good as WMNF, I trust the show to kick ass. And they've been playing a lot of music from the bands recently on the station, and they are good.

The main reason they aren't signed to a major label isn't because they're bad. It's just you don't hear the kind of music they play on the radio, ever.

It's usually some wierd Jazz/Funk/Salsa/Reggae/Cajun jam-band stuff, best heard live in front of a bunch of hippies. In a place like Ybor city, with lots of historic buildings, atmosphere, drunks and druggies.

Luckily, this is going to be in Ybor city. And most of the people there, probably will be hippies.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Now this is what I call a fucking good festival

http://www.wacken.com
  • cg?%s's Photo
    The Wave-Gotik-Treffen Festival (screwed that name up probably...)

5F_55 - Access_denied - Ah Cama-Sotz - Arcana - Arcana Obscura - Artwork - Assemblage 23 - Aurum Nostrum - Beborn Beton - Black tape for a blue girl (for the first time and exclusive in Germany) - Blazing Eternity - Bloodflowerz - Bloody, Dead + Sexy - Blutengel - Boytronic - Brighter Death Now - Calan.dra - Calathea - Carlos Peron Project les Salles - Cawatana - Celphagy - Chamber - Chandeen - Changes - Chineseblack - Cinema Strange - Closterkeller - Cold - Colony5 - Coph Nia - Corvus Corax - DAF - Dance on glass - Darkwell - Days of Fate - Decoded Feedback - Deine Lakaien - Dementi - Desert+Fortune - Deutsch Nepal - Diary of dreams - Disastrous Din - Distorted Reality - Dive - Down below - Dulce Liquido (WORLD PREMIERE!! reverse HOCICO Lineup; keyboarder will sing, singer will play keyboards) - Dust of Basement - E-Craft - Erblast - Escape with Romeo - Evenfall - Evereve - Faith and the Muse - Fiddler´s Green - Fire & Ice - Flowing Tears - Funhouse - God´s bow - God Module (for the first time in Germany) - Green Carnation - Ikon - Implant - In Gowan Ring - Inkubus Sukkubus - Inquisita - Inscape - In Slaughter Natives - In Strict Confidence - Invisible Limits - Johannes Berthold (Soloproject of Illuminate´s singer for the first time live) - Klinik - Kontrast - La Floa Maldita - Laibach - Letzte Instanz - Love is colder than death - Loveless - Maria Solheim - Mastertune - Melotron - Mesh - Morgenstern - Ncor - Nebula-H - Needle Sharing - Negative Format (for the first time live in europe) - Neun Welten - Nik Page - Noctulus feat. Darkfox - Noisex (last show in europe) - Nuuk - :of the wand and the moon: - Oomph! - Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio - Osiris Taurus - Pain of Progress - Pinkostar - Pink Turns Blue vs. Orden (once only and exclusive show with the original line-up) - Placebo Effect (exclusive & only Reunionshow) - Plastic - Plastic Noise Experience- Prager Handgriff - Primordial - Psyche - Qntal - Raison d´Être - Revolution by Night - S.I.N.A - Saltatio Mortis - Schandmaul - Sieben - Silent Assault - Soman - Somnambul - Stoa - Subway to Sally - Tanzwut - Tenhi - Theatres des Vampires - The blue Season - The Eternal Afflict - The Equinox ov the gods - The Fair Sex - The Fiction - The Gathering - The Invincible Spirit - The 69 Eyes - This morn omina - Tiamat - Tombeau les Roses (classical music) - Trümmerwelten - Umbra et Imago - Virgin Black (dark rock with metal influences from Australia) - VJ Fetish 23 - VNV Nation - Vomito Negro - Wayne Hussey (The Mission) - Welle:Erdball - Xabec - Xandria

...copy and pasted directly from the website... the bands I actually know of on that list (all eight or so of them) kick ass. And the festival has a really good track record amongst those 'in the scene'.

So, could somebody take me to Germany? I think that's where it's held. Or does the thought of 15,000+ goths scare you?

Wimp.

Oh yeah, I'll probably be needing a Depeche Mode haircut and some kick ass Peter Murphy makeup, if anyone would be so kind... spikes wouldn't hurt either.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Wacken looks so bad this year......

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

I'll probably be needing a Depeche Mode haircut

You might want to pass on that.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

Hello.

Wacken looks so bad this year......

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Haha, how the fuck do you work that one out? If thats crap I dunno what you expect, I think that is a good enough lineup.
  • Dantheman%s's Photo
    Talking of festivals I was at Radio Onebig Weekend yesterday in Manchester really good show. 7 acts played in all

The White Strips I am not a huge fan but after watching them live I think I am going out to buy there album.

Phonics played for over an hour and stole the show.

Other acts that played.

Feeder
    Badly Drawn Boy
    Dirty Vegas
    The Coral
    and Aqualung

Next Festival I am going is Creamfields (Massive Attack live) in Liverpool then go to Leeds for the last two days (Blur White Strips)
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Just like to say thank you to Bocoson, as he is the one that first mentioned the download festival to me. I had been excited all since due to the fact that Chimaira are there along with about 15 other bands I want to see.

I booked tickets tonight and I am going up there for the 2 nights and 2 days with two friends and my dad. As my dad will not be going in the crowds I will be asking him to get autographs from the tent and take some photos (Slave). Did I say that? Never. But he is coming along to Chimaira as he likes them.

Anyone else heading along? Sorry but this just pisses over Reading.

Bands I want to see mainly
    Disturbed
    Stone Sour
    Mudvayne
    Spine Shank
    Raging Speedhorn
    Taproot
    Sepultura
    Soil
    Chimaira
    Marilyn Manson
    Deftones
    Murderdolls
    Funeral for a friend
    Shadow's Fall

And for any big Chimaira fans here, they are tearing the festival up first on the Saturday at 11.10 so only 10mins after the gates open.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading