-The Forces of Evil
    -The Suburban Legends
    -The Skatalites

Other bands somewhat related to ska:

-Tower of Power
    -Maynard Ferguson
    -Goldfinger
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I have the most peculiar suspicion that this topic is gonna get ugly.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

There is only 1 good ska band on this entire planet...

Inspector 7

The End...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Infrom me, what is Ska Music? Ive got no clue.
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    Ska, in general, is the playing on upbeats on guitars. But, being stereotypical, it's like rock, punk, big band, and sometimes funk mixed together. There are generally horns. Good examples of Ska Music are Reel Big Fish, The Suburban Legends, and the Mad Caddies.
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Ugghh...ska...ugghh...

I heard a mighty bosstones song a long time ago, and hated it. I listened to an LTJ song last year. Hated it.

So yea...

But everyone at my schools like bosstones, ltj, etc.,
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Basically stuff that was done years ago but now has been started up again. Personally I just like to laugh at it, the only song that actually made me laugh at the song and not the band members was "Real Big Fish - Monkey Boy". Apart from that, I don’t like the way they blow their trumpets.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    I don't have any favorite Ska bands, actually. Only 'Funky Kingston' by Toots and the Maytals, and a few Jamacian blaxploitation film soundtracks, do anything for me.

However, it seems that it was always a live preformace medium. So unless somebody drags me down to one of these idiot bands shows, or they release a kick ass live album, I'll be dissing them my entire life. With that said:

I have heard music from each and every band you've listed, and it all sucked ass.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I only like the Bosstones. That's it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading