(Archive) Advertising District / Ports of Call: UPDATE of April

• Fatha'%s's Photo
    We at Universal are pleased to announce a new themed area for Universal's Ports of Call. This new section will take theme parks (RCT theming) to an entire new level, and using a never before sought after idea. The new theming section will feature an arsenal of extreme sports themed rides, including one new prototype (Sort of). New installations of a "Skate Coaster" seen in MXR have also been rumored. Projecct SPEED is still on deck to be built, but the location of the ride will remain unnanounced. Anyway, here we go...

Whoovile
    Enter the whimsical world of Doctor Suess in this new age themed area. Not that this area is in no way a copy of IOA's Suess Landing. This area is themed to the immensely popular "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" storyline. Enter Whoovile, with the giant Christmas tree in the center of the town. Once you are in this fantasy land, you won't be able to leave! There is one twist, two twist, three twists, four twists to this new area. The "Whoovilians" seem to like Xtreme sports, so guess what? Yup, an arsenal of Xtreme sports rides will be added to this incredible area. Look for announcements soon.

One other Announcement regards a new "Futuristic Roller Coaster Ride" of some sort I mentioned in the pervious update. Well here is the official announcement.

Magik Carpet Rides
    This is the most technologically advanced thrill machine on the planet. Yet another one-of-a-kind and first-of-its-kind ride, this will take rollercoasters into the future. Sit down on the carpets, and blast of in complete floatation in this magneticly powered thrill ride. Coaster Cars (Carpets) literally FLY over the landscape, with no coaster track whatsoever. Perform amazing manuevers, including a zero-g roll over a pathway, soaring over parts of the lake, and flying in complete tandem all over the place. This ride features two inversions, and has a top speed of 55 mph. Are you ready to experience the first TRUE flying roller coaster on the planet? Coming to Universal's Ports of Call in 2003.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Sounds good, but the thread is somewhat useless...

Pics would be appriciated.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Im actually not allowed to post pics.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Ah, I see. Maybe just use one thread then...

Good luck on the park. The magic carpet ride sounds very interesting an innovative.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Whoovile sounds intense. Cant wait to see what you conjure up.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Maybe we should rename the 'NE Invitational' to 'Can Anyone Beat the Grinch?'. It's not looking real likely. Oh yeah and it's about time you made a Grinch themed section.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I should put this in Invitational Update thread, but oh well.
  • x-sector%s's Photo

Maybe we should rename the 'NE Invitational' to 'Can Anyone Beat the Grinch?'. It's not looking real likely. Oh yeah and it's about time you made a Grinch themed section.

Yeah right you just wait for my park. Grinch is crap compared to me ;)
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Cork, I put the update in your NE Inv thread..
    Respond their if you have any other comments.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading