RCT Discussion / The big guide

• RRP%s's Photo
    right im kinda getting a little bored of repeating myself with aim so im gonna post the most things that people ask me how to do (and that can be anything) here in a big long list of how to beast thing.

so for start just post what you want to know and ill do a guide and anyone who IM's me then I will also post here how to do it.

-rrp
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Good idea..and very helpful to the people who are shit at hacking cough*ME*cough

Cheers rrp

Anyway heres what you posted for the one i asked about then to save you doing it again...
    My question

I want cars so they arent on the track....e.g I want the train off the reverse launched ride so it is sitting on the floor and not on the track...

RRP'S response

Rct1

You Need the beast trainer..

1. build a single station where u want the car..
    2. set it to power launch,put whatever car on it
    3. open and close straight away
    4. zero all clearances, begin build, build path under station and entrance and exit
    5. sink scenery
    6. then build ure path under it or track or what ever

also
    u can do this at any height and it dont have to be on the floor

THIS WAS RRP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO.....(save him typing it out again)
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Trackless rides? How? I have been thinking about how to do it for a long time and i just can't come up with any way to do it. Please help
    (example of trackless ride: Sandstorm Rally)
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Really simple that one nate and there is two levels to run it at. 1 level above the track or 2.

1.First start of with a river rapids station

2.Set to power launch

3.Set your trains to what ever type you want

4.Merge with a few forward pieces with a sitdown coaster (anytype)

5.And then merge the sitdown coaster with the rapids at the other side

this will make a coaster that run one space avone the rails of the sitdown coaster so that if you put a track one space below ground it will look like it is running on the ground.

The second way is where you do exactly the same but use a inverted station, this lets the train run two spaces above the rails so if the track is one space below ground level the train will again look like it runs on the ground but also will travel on path WITHOUT a glitch.

Well i lied, there is actually a third way.Do the opposite again and merge a sitdown station with an invert track and you got your self a gravity coaster.

o and NOTE:that depending on what station is used certain things dont respond on the layout for example a river rapids station merged with a corkscrew coaster that has boosters will not do anything on the boosters.It only works for things that the station is capable of.
    -rrp
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    OK. I can answer a lot of hacking with tracks, such as train splits (I know of five different ways to do it now), underwater shizzle, impulses, etc.

But, how do you make stuff trackless? As in, completely trackless. Look at Prince's barrel roll screen for the most recent example I can think of. And, how do you do special lift stuff like WME does? (Lost Era Resort, and I can't think of the other park name, but it's a 4D that starts with a large half loop into a small one) I know you need Winhack for that...

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    *bows down before RRP*

This is really helpful to us shitty hackers. How can I make a split coaster?
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

And, how do you do special lift stuff like WME does? (Lost Era Resort, and I can't think of the other park name, but it's a 4D that starts with a large half loop into a small one) I know you need Winhack for that...

I'm not too sure, but I got that with playing around with the operating mode...
  • RRP%s's Photo
    aeroglobe-for some hacks that WME has done (the half loop lift) you need winhack, i used to be able to do it but now i use it rarely so i cant remember anything. And remember this is just a big list of hacks and help that i am giving out (for free) not a what you can do list so if you dont mind, stay out of this topic please unless you have a question to ask (I dont want loads of spam).

as for sircursealots question.

well train spliting is very simple but complicated to explain at the same time.

All you have to do is make a spike where two coasters are merged.
    So all you do is build a invert spike then merge a sitdown with it and let the train pass halfway over the transition so half the train goes onto the new track and half stays on the sitdown.

its a difficult hack to explain but practise makes perfect so just experiment if you didn't completely understand.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Completely invisible is accomplished by glitching the track completely by putting numerous hacked flat rides and messing with 'execute build through' a lot (i think) or winhacking to make it think that it is underground (i think) though im not familiar with it because I see no real use for it.

Most likely there is a way to get a WME stlye half loop lift without winhack but as above i dont see much use for it so ive not tried.

How to bury track 1 spack below ground level :

1.Get dragons ioa v6 (or newest)

2.Cover all the area that you want to bury the track under in a land texture that you haven't used.

3.Load dragons and select the land tool

4.Change the ownership of the wanted (you coloured) area to 'now owned'

5.Invert map and use the flatten land tool to set too desired height.

6.Invert map and change ownership of the land back to owned and recolour.

this can also be done using water when half burying dophins etc.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Sorry, but I'd just like to answer this question since I'd already had this typed up by the time I had seen your post. It is simple, but kind of hard to explain. IM me if you want a more complex way, this is just the simplest way.

1) Build a station. The best kind for this hack is a floorless train.

2) Build a spike out from the back of the station. The spike will need to have a lift hill.

3) Take away a few pieces of the spike where it connects to the station, so there is a gap between the end of the spike and the station.

4) Build a few pieces away from the spike so it will not reconnect back to the station. The branch should be so that it will travel just above the station (see "A Brother's War" in Warrior's Grove - Pawn). Do not hack onto another track, though, even though Pawn's does. Just build off from the existing track.

5) Open Beast, and set to "Zero All Clearances". Then, build back from the station into the very back piece of the spike.

6) Set the Floorless train to 10 Cars per train.

7) Test. Five of the cars should have gone above where the track splits off (Side A), and five of the cars should remain on the original track and go back through the station (Side B).

8) Build the duelers at about equal length, with correspondance of each in height. Since Side A will have the front of the train, and that's what the game calculates all the stuff with (if you click on "Train 1" while it's on the track, the game always zooms in on the front of the train), make it lead. When side A goes up, make side B do the same.

9) Merge back together on a spike. Make the tracks both go onto a single, different track, and spike it so the join and return in the correct direction into the station.

*Note* - There are other ways to hack it (with Powered Launch Mode and other stuff), so if you want a different way, IM me.

Sorry. I just didn't want to waste all that, and I feel it's a good explanation.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image

*edit* - another question. in roomie's "snow drop", there is a coaster called merlin where the spikes go up one side, turn 90 degrees, and drop back down in the new direction. how does he do that?
  • RRP%s's Photo
    To do list:
    explain roomy's vert coaster hack.

...need bed now so hang tight ill tell you how later.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Just to add to the train splitting, you don't really have to follow a procedure to do it. The basic idea is that you want half the train to go one way and half the train to go another way. So to accomplish this, you build some kind of slope which is tall enough to slow the coaster to a stop. Then you merge a second coaster track into it in the downward direction (doesn't matter what type) so that the coaster will split off after it stops and starts traveling back down. Then you get the train going at the right speed so that only half of the train will cross over the merge and take the new path while the other half of the train goes back down the way it came. My point is simply that any coaster type will work and any layout as long as you can get the train to slow to a stop halfway over the merge. Getting them to line up again at the end is the tough part. When I did it I spent much longer trying to get them to line up then I did to split them and it still doesn't work right. If anyone has any tips on that it would be appreciated.

Also, the invisible track hack is basically the holy grail of all hacks as far as I'm concerned. I've been trying to do that for years because I've wanted to make a minetrain with jumps but I don't like the way it looks when you just merge it with a suspended coaster track. I can think of a lot of other uses for it too. I've heard that hacked flatrides work but I've never been able to do that myself. If you could elaborate on how to make track disappear completely I would greatly appreciate it
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

Most likely there is a way to get a WME stlye half loop lift without winhack but as above i dont see much use for it so ive not tried.

1. there isn´t, and you should know if you were really great at hacking, shouldn´t you?
    2. there are so many good uses for it it isn´t even funny. i´m talking about steep lifts, vertical lifts, fast water rides, the transport water ride with other trains, and the list goes on.

if there is anyone who would like to have some "lessons in winhack" i guess i could post some guides here.. rct and rct2. it would be wonderful to have other people playing around with it and discovering new hacks. Don´t expect to find out it´s half as easy as beast tho.

for people that know a bit about winhack...
    there is a code ´bout two spaces before the regular coaster code, with one number of the general direction the track piece (or part of concerning large loops) and one that tells you simply whether this piece of track is lifted or not. it´s the difference between a 0 or an 8. (Example, 0B change to 08).. i wouldn´t expect you to figure this out without prior winhack experience, winhack is all about doing the simple stuff and gradually going upwards to the other stuff.

and still a masterful beast hack i doubt anyone can do is whatever ya may call it i did with APE. tho i can´t really explain it as 1) i want god to be released, 2) i hardly know what i did. just took a long long time of playing with the track, and trying. the basis to hacking, somehow you have to be smarter than the game, with the game. (words of wisdom, remember those)

i do also want to know how to make track dissapear. but without glitching, glitching is what it makes it useless. no offence to all the people that have glitching stuff in their parks ;) . and u can´t "winhack to make it think it´s underground. and second of all. no use? who are you kidding. Everything you can´t do seems to be of no use. how ridiculous lol. i can think of atleast 300 uses for invisibility in rct. emphasizing the atleast.

i´ll go now..
  • Micool%s's Photo
    So...everyone's praising invisibility...how do you do it?
  • RRP%s's Photo
    well sorry for rattling your cage WME but i can think of about 1 good reason for invisible and that would be for track jumps, if you wanna tell us how to do it then go ahead knock yourself out.

As for the vert switch that roomy found out well that is basically just a merge.One side is merged with the other but both pieces of vert point in the same direction (not the track the arrow) so it can turn either 90 degrees or 180 but make sure the whole train makes it above the transition or you'll have split it.

o and WME im sure that i could manage your hack thing in APE if i actually knew what you were talking about and saw the hack itself.

but even if i cant there are other things that i can do which you cant, for example a forward coaster with a backward back train attached or extended stuff like huge wooden water splashes.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    Thanks for the explanations guys! Now, I just need to know some simple things. Like...how do you do this? I'm talking about the glass and floating blocks. :)
  • Scarface%s's Photo

Thanks for the explanations guys! Now, I just need to know some simple things. Like...how do you do this? I'm talking about the glass and floating blocks. :)

Well the floating blocks were probably just stacekd and then bottom ones deleted...

And glass ?? Do you mean the light blue bits...I think that is the chairlift coloured blue...It goes like that when it travels through bricks. I may be wrong
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Oh, gosh. I wasn't going to answer this, but it's just been freaking ticking me off. This is just the easiest hack to figure out.

1) Begin Special Build Mode in Beast.

2) Build some of those abstract block cube things on top of whatever structure you want.

3) Sink the blocks.

4) Raise them until they are the right height.

5) Build the chairlift so you can see them.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know what will. That's the easiest method I can possibly think of.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

Oh, gosh.  I wasn't going to answer this, but it's just been freaking ticking me off.  This is just the easiest hack to figure out.

1) Begin Special Build Mode in Beast.

2) Build some of those abstract block cube things on top of whatever structure you want.

3) Sink the blocks.

4) Raise them until they are the right height.

5) Build the chairlift so you can see them.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know what will.  That's the easiest method I can possibly think of.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image

haha, too late, already figured it out. :p
  • RRP%s's Photo
    yes you just sink the blocks and build either a chair lift or inverted monorail (bigger window) through it.

o and it works on all wall types

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading