RCT Discussion / The big guide

• Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo

Thanks for the explanations guys! Now, I just need to know some simple things. Like...how do you do this? I'm talking about the glass and floating blocks. :)

(off topic)

What park is that?
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Um yeah. Guys. What about making a Beast section of NE on the main site, not on the forums. Im sure that the NEgt would love to help. I think that it would be cool and add all the more to NE. Im up to help with the graphics. So yeah lets see what we can do. Ill run it by Iris.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    ye that would be a great idea but i wouldn't be able to do it all alone so id need help from aeroglobe and WME etc if they wanted to.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Yeah, I'm up for it. Just tell me what to write, and I'll get it done ASAP.

Generally, I'm best at Beast hacks and I'm okay at DragonsIOA. I don't actually use Dragons, though, I use the SGM, since it seems to have most all of the same functions, but is much more stable.

But, yeah, I'll be able to help.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • hpg%s's Photo
    I could help out a lil. I'm not the best hacker in the world, but I can do all the basics, and I'm decent at figuring out how to duplicate hacks that other people have done. Don't know the first thing about winhack though...
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I agree that a Beast section would be cool especially since it gets more use at this site than any other site.

But I'm still wondering if anyone can help me out with the disappearing track thing. I would sing your praises if you can show me how to do it. Anyone at all. You can e-mail me or pm me if you like.

EDIT: I don't know if a Winhack method would help me WME since I doubt I could figure it out. I tried winhack once a long time ago and I couldn't make anything work.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    i guess i could do a "winhack explained" kind of thing... i think i´d like X to help me with it.. it wouldnt be beast tho...
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    Oh, about that glass window thing, how do I get it to a different height? I can only get it at base height....
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Umm... "Stack Scenery". I explained that, but you had "already figured it out".

If there was going to be a Beast section on the main site, what kind of tutorials would be featured? There has to be basic stuff, but what about the advanced stuff?

I can think of:

[*]Speed Switches (Non-Spike Reverses, see "Pahoehoe Flow" in Horstmann Labs - Pufferfish)

[*]Halfpipes

[*]Train Splits (Soul Tear)

[*]Rally Ride, gravity coaster, etc.

[*]Stuff with the bumper cars

[*]What "Downwards Launch Mode" and "Upwards Launch Mode" really is.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    hmm, tried that. My Beast is acting funny today....
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

(off topic)

What park is that?

Turtleman's new park....
  • RRP%s's Photo
    you use set base height because it lets you put it at any hieght for the windows.
  • Physco%s's Photo
    How do you bounce a coaster back up a track, such as in pufferfish's Horstmann Labritory. :w00t:
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    OK, I think this is it, because I've tried it once (on accident) and it should be more successful than the impulse (you know what I mean).

1) Build the track.

2) Stop the track where you want it to bounce.

3) Build the track of the same coaster backwards along the track of where you wanted it to bounce. This means you have coaster track, and then track going exactly backwards from it.

4) Test. You won't know it works by simply highlighting the track in the construction window like a track merge, you actually have to go and test this.

I believe that's it, because I found it out trying to build a train split ride (which was abandoned).

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Is it possible to have a coaster run sidways on the track? So you can have a "sideways" coaster?

Turtleman 8)
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    From what I know of? No. There might be a WinHack way, but there is no other.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Koaster Kid%s's Photo

i guess i could do a "winhack explained" kind of thing... i think i´d like X to help me with it.. it wouldnt be beast tho...

Great, plz do.

I don't even know what winhack is, nor do I have it, but it sounds great. Plz Someone fill me in.

Thx
  • RRP%s's Photo
    well winhack is a very confusing excuse to hacking,trust me if u dont know what ure doing then dont bother.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading