RCT Discussion / Aztec Themes

• RMM%s's Photo
    Yea, many people make a small easy piramyd and call it Aztec. Or make it look Egyption. If ya think about it or compare Aztec and Egypt... they are different in many ways.

I soon, will start my new Aztec park based on the Aztec Empire and Tecochtitlan. To make it my best, I have been studying Aztec ways of life and architecture. It is actually very interesting.

So what are your thoughts on what Aztec theming and architecture is? It's not just a crappy plain pyramid. So...?

Mike :t2:
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    When making Technoticlan,make it have a couple of moats and a small jungle area.If you got to the last scenerio of the Aztec campain in AOEII:The Conquerors,this ain't a problem. ;)
  • natelox%s's Photo
    i think alot of people do aztec themes very poorly, it'd be really nice to see a "perfect" aztec section.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    I hate it when people generalize on Mayan, Aztec, Incan, and Egyptian theming. It's one of my biggest pet peeves...

In Mayan places you've got the pyramids (and if you have no idea what they look like and lable it this, I ought to shoot you), the sacraficing platforms, the temples, the market places, a lot of grass and sand, and it is surrounded by jungle.

Aztec you've got the pyramids (larger but more flat), the temples, the residential areas, etc. (I'm not as familiar with the Aztecs, but for one thing, Dark Ride Expert, Technoticlan is not jungle and moats, it has the GIANT pyramid of the sun, massive surrounding residential areas, and the jungle is far from the center of the city)

Incan stuff should be on large hills or mountains, lots of little houses, some large temples, an no pyramids.

Egyptian stuff is flat, sandy and boring. I guess it's ok if you spice it up by adding folliage, too boring otherwise.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading