General Chat / Hypersonic Coaster

• DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    When I got the idea of a 118 mph coaster,that big ol "?" came over my head,"How will I do it?" I tried Powered coaster first,but it didn't go fast enough.Instead of going here,I used the "Chain Lift Speed" function on the SOB Trainer to jack it up to 120 chain speed.I conbined it with a 60 mph launch,and presto.118 mph going up a 259 ft tower.Going from Point A-B in 49 seconds. Pretty amazing I say.Tonight the SOB Trainer acted up by not showing any rides whatsoever.I built a Steel Hyper-Twister across a 256x256 map.

My goal is to get it across with a minimum of 2 minutes.Speed will be so fast,it's sound is barely heard. B) It will get across by rocketing 596 MPH out of the station,and keeping the speed with a 259 MPH chain lift.This might make Roller coaster transportation in big parks faster and more efficent.Hypersonic Roller Coasters...so fast you don't hear a sound. :yup:
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Problem being that this serves no purpose whatsoever.

Ah well. Good luck on your quest for a really fast coaster or something.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    It sounds quite cool. It might be alot better in RCT2 because of the better sounds. I want to hear it.
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    Hmph...the SOB won't cooperate with me....whenever I pick "Current Ride",nothing's there. :@
    I found a Bug...wow. :D
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    I've tried doing a very similar ride before, and it is A) worthless, and B) completely dumb. I did it with a chairlift, and decided to put the Station to Station mode at 500 mph. It worked, but it went so fast, it couldn't slow the chairs in time, and they crashed when they met up in the station.

The actual coaster concept was first done by Mala in Cydonia City, and that ride traveled 118. They dueled, but their paths made the ride around a min. and a half long, making the high speed simply for excitement. He also had a transport ride like this (hacked with the TA2K cars), but used steel train boosters and only went around 60 mph. I tried this for one of my first parks (sucked bad), and it ended up being okay, but it took up way more room than it was worth for, even with the hyper-twister cars.

It's impossible to make this concept really worthwile, unless you're Mala, and even then it's hard.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image

P.S.: The actual "hypersonic" classification is Mach 5, around 3400 mph. You're coaster is merely really fast.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I was about to point out Mala having the only use for this, but thanks, Aeroglobe...

I used the chain lift speed thingy in RCT 1 in my Crestland Heights Resort. Oh well.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading