General Chat / Trigger Happy TV

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    Any fans here of 'Trigger Happy TV' on Comedy Central? Edgier than 'Candid Camera' but more mature than 'Jackass', I find it to be one of the the finest programs on television, not to mention one of the most hilarious.

And, they've featured both the Dandy Warhols and Air in the background music. That's good stuff.
  • supertrooper%s's Photo
    Trigger Happy TV is too funny. I especially love when they dress up as giant animals and torment people in parks...which is 50% of what they do.

Da Ali G show is also hilarious. I saw it briefly when I was on vacation in London last September (but it was a little different), so I was really happy when HBO started showing their version.

And of course...Crank Yankers is still a riot.

I just really love unsuspecting people being messed with. Jackass used to involve innocent victims, which was great, but in the later episodes it was just about them doing shit to themselves...not as funny to me.

That's all.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    The jackass where the guy was tied up in the trunk, and then ran away from a gas station was the best.

Tom Green was funny too.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Trigger Happy is sooo last year :D

Fantastic first series, but it loses a littlr in the second. I think it's just the lack of new material to rival the classics (nokia ring tone, violent animals, "I am not a criminal").

Dom Joly now has that chat show on BBC3 which I don't get because I'm limited to terrestrial, but I've read some mediocre reviews. However, the original Trigger Happy Pilot and the first series are very memorable.
  • Scarface%s's Photo

Trigger Happy is sooo last year :D

agreed
    but i loved it when i watched it.
    Dom joly = legend
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Yeah got both series on Video, he is so funny. Where he dresses up as a park security guard gets a football out and puts it by a granny. Then says "Excuse me but you do know that these grounds are not for playing football on", lol she doesnt know the fuck is going on.

Great show, they should do a new series tho.
  • JFK%s's Photo

Dom Joly now has that chat show on BBC3 which I don't get because I'm limited to terrestrial, but I've read some mediocre reviews. However, the original Trigger Happy Pilot and the first series are very memorable.

Ignore the reviews. It's actually pretty good.
    However, it's not really a 'chat show' in any conventional sense. It seems like the entire thing is scripted. It's a spoof chat show, with Dom Joly himself being the main joke, a bit like that one show.. Shit, what's it called? I think that Steve Coogan fag played him... You know the one... Where he plays this really shitty chat show host... And the set is totally shite...

I hate my memory. And my mamories.
    githadbitchtits

So, anyway, it's not all that original, but it works nontheless.

CoasterNick. There isn't ever going to be a new series. And that's the way it should be. Dom Joly doesn't want the joke to grow old, so he's wise enough to tear the whole thing down at its prime.
    I hate it when TV programmes outstay their welcome.
    Look at Friends. That's been going on forever. That was the most horrible, disgusting, awful, cynical, offensive show on TV since day one, and I can't even begin to imagine how awful it probably is now.
    Mantis is probably going to eat my ass for saying that, but whatever.

Even worse is when TV shows that are massively funny, original, or just plain clever are reduced to bullshit because of the cynical assholes that are behind them.
    Take The Simpsons. The three hundredth episode was broadcast over here yesterday. That's two hundred more than needed. I haven't laughed at The Simpsons since.. I don't know... I must have been ten, or some shit.
    It becomes painful, to see something once great turn into something so utterly, completely, totally shit.

Spaced series two was shit as well, even if I'm the only one that thinks so. It became slow, boring, and nowhere near as fresh and original. Oh well.

Fawlty Towers was good because it didn't have more than... I think it was fourteen episodes.
    Oh yeah, and Trigger Happy is okay.

Time to shave off my nipples.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    well then happy shaving to you my good man :yup:
  • Coasterking2k%s's Photo
    Trigger Happy TV was great during it's first series. After that it lost it's shock value and it's comedy.
    The new chat show is funny at times, but most of the time it just drags on with mild humour.

As for jackass, it is no longer funny. The movie sucked and all the reruns on C4 suck too, they should really start showing something decent again.

Did anyone see Does Doug Know? That was one of the funniest, craziest shows i've seen for a looooong time.
  • bokti%s's Photo
    Trigger Happy TV is the stupidest fucking show ever. I should know. I am half-British in the nether-region. But really, that show makes me lose my erection for my UK counterpart. Yes, you heard me, Git. The truth comes out. Your lowsy fucking TV humor gets me in the mood to stab you, and then spoon you. Produce some decent fucking imported tellie-vision or I'll start fucking Tie(simulataneously with his mother).

AND STOP THAT AD-SIGNATURE BULLSHIT. IF I WERE A FUCKING MOD I WOULD FUCK YOUR POSTS/PROFILES IN EVERY FUCKING HOLE. YOU WIN. IT WORKED. I AM PISSED NOW. NOW FUCKING REMOVE IT.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading