RCT Discussion / NE's Great Log Flume Survey

Does a realistic log flume need bobsled track?

• Liampie%s's Photo

Let's settle this for good.

rye_playland_3.jpg

log-flume-ride.jpg

250247-5281a8d06dfe8.jpg

eft_bob_zertox.jpg

• robbie92%s's Photo

Haha, Liam, you're insufferable some times :p

• PizzaWurscht%s's Photo

maybe sometimes it looks better , but I think you have to use not necessarily . might impose on where there is no water under the track, as the water drips and drips otherwise. However, if you look at the Log Flume at Six Flags Magic Mountain, which also drives very often in the forest and there is no water under the track, then you do not necessarily have a bobsled track .

In my opinion it is a matter of taste :D :D

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Is there an option for "left open to interpretation given the limits of RCT when pursuing hyper-realism and individual aesthetic choices"

• robbie92%s's Photo

Bobsled track isn't necessary, but RCT flume track looks so flat and unsubstantial, so the bobsled helps thicken it up imo. But whatever, it's a stylistic choice moreso than a realistic one to me..

As I had mentioned in Faas's screen topic. I personally prefer it, but I don't find it necessary in any way. Also keep in mind that I like to sometimes overdo the realistic structural details and infrastructure work because that's what fascinates me in real life.

EDIT: I agree with ][22 in his choice of words for it.

• Louis!%s's Photo

All those examples are, in my eyes, accurately represented in game by the log flume on it's own.

I don't mind people thickening up the track, but I think bobsled track doesn't work well, I personally prefer dinghy slide track instead.

I also cant stand it when people bank the bobsled round corners of log flumes.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Agree completely with ][22; obviously it's never a strict necessity to add the bobsled track, but sometimes it makes the flume look a little better and is therefore fine to do in my opinion

• csw%s's Photo

I usually add it to make the flume stand out more. Also if I want to do custom flume supports the bobsled is a good idea. 

• Xeccah%s's Photo

the fact that we're having an entire thread dedicated to what we do under our log flumes is fucking pitiful

if there was an "i don't care" option, i'd pick that 

• 5dave%s's Photo

I never thought this would lead to a discussion.

The only reason I did this back in the days (2007 in Majestic world tour) was the source of inspiration in Europa park. I always wondered why noone thought of that before...

So... sorry?! ;)

"MFG"

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

the fact that we're having an entire thread dedicated to what we do under our log flumes is fucking pitiful

if there was an "i don't care" option, i'd pick that 

Personally I don't care either, but I think this thread is hilarious.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading