RCT Discussion / NE charity event

• Xeccah%s's Photo

If we're not doing a major contest in the summer, is it possible if some of us can collaborate with reddit, tpr, /vr/, etc. into doing an RCT livestream event for charity? 

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    If we had enough people, and either a channel we could all use or some organization around it, I think a round-the-clock livestream of "something" might be cool. We have people worldwide so it certainly seems possible
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

But again, there's a shitload of questions around this. 

-Where/who can we advertise on/to to get the maximum amount of viewers and potential donators?

-Are we going to have a 24/7 twitch stream, then we need to make a new account. What should we call it, who will stream, and when will people be on schedule to stream?

-What should we do on stream? One suggestion from me is to revamp the scenarios (with 8cars, etc.) and adding the rides that are now a part of the park. 

-What organization(s) should we give the money to?

Remember if this is successful, it can also being a lot of traffic to NE as well, even those who we've got to buy the game for the first time.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Whether we have a major contest this summer or not, this is something I had been thinking about doing, along with many other ideas.

It would require a lot of advance planning though.

• Lotte%s's Photo

i think we can advertise a bit on /r/gaming and the other gaming related subreddits. though /r/gaming probably just wants to see Mr bones wildride. but we could compensate by doing scenario's for a bit. 

as for the organization, we could give it to organization that do cancer research, or another disease. or we could do something that helps kids in need, maybe even a combination between the two. all these are a bit stereotypical but it seems to be what gets people hyped up the most

• Louis!%s's Photo

Feel free to keep discussing this idea, but it most likely won't go anywhere until at least September if NE is being officially involved.

• Milo%s's Photo

I have been a viewer for some charity streams in the past and this year I hope to have some money that I can donate/sponser with. One of the better game charity events I have seen is Extra Life which runs teams that raise money for local children's hospitals. Each participant can register and pick a hospital near them. It usually runs officially in the Fall so the timing fits. A link to the website for more information is here http://www.extra-life.org/

• inthemanual%s's Photo

But again, there's a shitload of questions around this. 

-Where/who can we advertise on/to to get the maximum amount of viewers and potential donators?

-Are we going to have a 24/7 twitch stream, then we need to make a new account. What should we call it, who will stream, and when will people be on schedule to stream?

-What should we do on stream? One suggestion from me is to revamp the scenarios (with 8cars, etc.) and adding the rides that are now a part of the park. 

-What organization(s) should we give the money to?

Remember if this is successful, it can also being a lot of traffic to NE as well, even those who we've got to buy the game for the first time.

Where/who can we advertise to?

Absolutely everyone! Ideally, we'd have something on /r/gaming, /r/rct, and perhaps a few other subreddits, and we'd probably want some advertisement elsewhere, like via facebook, /v/, /vr/, twitter, and whatever else we can.

What should we call it, who will stream, and when will people be on schedule to stream?

There's the NEDesigns twitch account, which seems like it might be appropriate to be used for this. I'm not sure if it's official, as there has been another "NEDesigns" account on another network which was not actually official. The streaming schedule and who would be on it would be determined by who would be able to do it. 

We could also just link to a multi-twitch set up with everyone on the schedule with a link in each streamer's title. That way multiple people could stream at once, which might be nice if we end up with tons of viewers.

Or we could just spam links to each other's channels, or set up an event page somewhere with all the streams listed on it (maybe in addition to the multi-twitch).

What should we do on stream?

We could have a small contest, each building a micro or mini park, and have people donate to different charities based on whose they preferred

We could all build on the same park, with no planning whatsoever, and let it turn into some kind of high-quality RCT Frankenstein's Monster. 

We could each do zones of a park, fusion survivor (?) style and just pass it on as we pass the stream on. 

We could also just each build our own thing, but have it tied together by the charity donations. Someone could construct an overlay that would tally donations, and let viewers know who was building (if it were on a shared account)

What organizations should we give the money to?

I honestly have no idea. I like Milo's extra-life idea, but if that limits us to only streaming during a certain timeframe, we might want to find something different. There's tons of things out there.

I'd really like to help organize this, if possible. :)

• Milo%s's Photo

There's a lot of possibilities. Extra Life isn't just for one weekend, any team member can stream and link to their page throughout the year I believe. It's just around the Fall that official 24 stream days are done. 

Streamers could do just about anything, including stream other games if they want. Some official rct content would be cool,  maybe a micro madness, a map that gets passed around to each streamer (would work for an official 24 hour thing, the map gets passed to each new streamer), scenario play and of course individual projects. If someone had something they wanted to build on and then reveal or hype up they could do it on stream, possibly an accolade reveal as well.

• Louis!%s's Photo

manual, that twitch account is official lol.

My main issue with a lot of this is that isn't the point of doing a 24 hour stream meant to be tiring? Like most 24 hour streams i've seen is often the same person streaming continuously for 24 hours. That's what makes it a charity event, people donate because it's something strange/exhausting/special.

If this 24 hour stream was split into several people doing several hours, it removes the exhaustion and fatigue, which for me, would mean less people would be clamouring to donate.

So for me, if this was to happen, what i'd like to see is several people dedicating 24hours of their time, going crazy with tiredness by streaming RCT continuously for 24 hours.

Now how would this work with 4, 5, 6 or however many people streaming? Well this is where a unique idea comes in. We play a game of Pass the Park. Everyone starts building and after, say, 4 hours, everyone swaps and sends the park to the next person. This means whatever stream you tune into, you are gonna see work by everyone at some point and everyone could be on Skype together and so you are hearing everyone in each person's stream.

Maybe that idea is crazy, but to me, raising money for charity is meant to be doing something you wouldn't normally do. Streaming for 2/3/4 hours is a normal thing, streaming for 24 isn't, and would also potentially raise money from people's families and friends that don't have any love for RCT.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

So we'd have several parks, and they'd all just get passed around?

Multi-twitch could help with that too. It just combines multiple streams onto a single page. 

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Essentially yes. It was just an idea to involve everyone who is steaming into one event. Otherwise you'd have several streams going on at the same time offering totally different content when it's meant to be a combined event.

But that's if people are actually down for doing the challenge of being up for 24hours streaming.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

Yeah. Could be really cool to have this be a 24 hour design competition as well. Well, more collaboration than competition, but it would get multiple parks out in a short span, which could be fun.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeh a 24hour design stream contest could be interesting.

Basically anything where the streamers are all doing a similar thing is a good idea.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

I want a 24 hour contest period.

• Lotte%s's Photo

if we are gonna do something ala NEDC, can we please have a premade layout again? it always takes so long for me to make a good one. but a micro madness would be better for a 24h contest anyways

• inthemanual%s's Photo

I think it would be a fun and engaging experience to be trying to build a small design in under 24 hours. It would be even more entertaining if those designs changed hands every couple hours.

• csw%s's Photo

You can donate to Child's Play Charity. They buy toys and games for sick children in hospitals. It's already received plenty of exposure through a youtuber by the name of kurtjmac (https://www.youtube.com/user/kurtjmac) and is sort of a default "gamer's charity". Just a suggestion. 

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    i still want to do this
  • Coasterbill%s's Photo

Same here.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading