RCT Discussion / Help

• rctmanplaysrct%s's Photo
    How do I make a coaster go up a spike and when it comes back down, it goes on another track. Basically, it launches up from 1, goes up to 6, and leaves at two.

6 |
    5 |
    4 |
    3 |
    2_/|
    1_/
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    http://forums.nedesi...=8&t=2772&st=20

read that for most hacks

I think its in their...near the bottom

Psycho asked about the one in hortsmann labs park by posix which has that style of ride
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Easy hack to do, hard to explain.

Alright, first thing you have to do is create the layout, or at least the beginning of it, of the track you want the train to go on after it comes down from the spike.

Next, build the station and the track that you want to go up the spike.

Open up the beast trainer and get ready.

Build the tracks as close together as possible, and then click Zero All Clearances in the beast trainer.

Build the track so that they are on the same square and are going through each other.

You have to do that merge very quickly, or it has a tendancy to not work.

Hope this helps. If not, maybe someone else can explain it better.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Adam, the coaster in Horstmann was by me...

Freak's method will work, but I find it easier to do in the same manner as merging. One thing to keep in mind is that when a train is traveling on vertical track, it splits off of it if givin the choice. You probably didn't understand that, so let me explain in another way. If you wanted to start the coaster at 2 (on your diagram) and end up at 1, the coaster would go to 2 even if you do the hack right. Not sure why, but that's what it always seems to do for me.
  • Scarface%s's Photo

Adam, the coaster in Horstmann was by me...

k

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading