Micro Madness 2014 / Micro Madness 2014 General Information & Discussion

• Ling%s's Photo

Your NCSO-ness isn't being graded. Build whatever you want.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Gdb, we could find information on everyone in the contest, except those on the reserves list. So there was no decision to make, we had to leave out those we could find no information on.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

There's 71 on the list on this topic, but only 70 are seeded. Did someone get left out, or was there already a drop-out?

Upon inspection it appears that Piggynator is the missing entry.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Piggy informed me that he wished to pull out. That is why :)

Thanks for the concern though :)

Feel free to answer any questions people may have by the way (this is to everyone), if anyone is told anything wrong I will come and correct or if anyone is unsure of the correct answer then I will answer, but generally everyone has done well at answering others questions. So yeah, keep it up, makes my job easier lol
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

If I use black tiles on the outside could I still make something and consider it NCSO?

You can use black wooden blocks orientated the same way. Zoom out, and it's the same exact color as the background is

• Faas%s's Photo

Does it really matter if you can officially call it NCSO? Just build an awesome micro.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Black space within an entry doesn't count towards the tile count, correct?

• trav%s's Photo

Black space within an entry doesn't count towards the tile count, correct?

I hope not. 

• nin%s's Photo

I don't think so, as that goes towards the "As long as only 255 tiles and no more are built upon" rule. So basically you'd be making some abstract shape rather than a pure 15x15 bench.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

I just wanted to make sure it was "Exactly 225 tile built over" and not "a continuous shape surrounding exactly 225 tiles"

• Louis!%s's Photo
    It depends. If it is 5 black tiles designed to be a crater like scenario that adds to the concept, theme and atmosphere of the creation then it would count.

But if it is like a hole in the middle to create a donut shaped map then it wouldn't count.

Does that help a bit?
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Please guys, don't make it so difficult for both yourself and for us with your donut and swiss cheese maps.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

An FK swoon hole doesn't seem to fit either description. I had a semi-circle of track extending over the edge, but with nothing filling in the gap inside the track. Does that count or not?

I've since changed it, so it's not a big deal, it just seemed like an interesting question.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Personally I would count those tiles in your case. But you better not risk stuff like that. The point is to fill a 15x15 map or a map of a similar size, any of this blacktile shit and finding loopholes is just stupid. Don't sign up for micro madness if you don't like the idea of building on a small map with all its restrictions.

• Kumba%s's Photo

Can we start on entries for later rounds?

• Liampie%s's Photo

The only thing that matters is that everyone has the same amount of time, so yes. You and anyone may start with entries for later rounds. :) It's just a gamble.

• nin%s's Photo

Can we start on entries for later rounds?

Getting confident, eh?

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Manual, I would count those tiles as they contribute to the idea, they aren't 'blank space' as such because it's part of the theme. I think that's being a bit too picky in trying to get as much space out of the 225 tiles.

Kumba, we can't control when people start later entries so go ahead lol
  • Kumba%s's Photo

I have the weekend off, so meh... maybe I'll just get my second Micro Madness Championship ready early ;)

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    This thread is hilarious. Especially camcorders tips to success at micros. :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading