Micro Madness 2014 / Micro Madness 2014 General Information & Discussion

• RCT2day%s's Photo

I'm close to being done, probably at the 90% finished mark.  It's solid but it could have been better if someone had told me how to do a hack (cough Kumba cough).  Best of luck to everyone still finishing their micro.

• AdamPlaysGames%s's Photo

2am in the morning but I've just submitted... something. Definitely not my finest work, but I brought this upon myself

• nin%s's Photo

Shit. Does anyone know how to get rid of an invisible entrance placed at the lowest point on a bench? I'm in the SE and I can't move forward because of it. I tried MoM but it didn't work. I'm extremely close to finishing but this may hold the whole thing up.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Does hitting zero and trying to delete the path work? If not, you could try to have someone remove it with hexedit.

• nin%s's Photo

it's invisible path, and it wont register it being that it's part of the entrance.

• Kumba%s's Photo

Swap it for a visible entry.

• nin%s's Photo

Darren... the entrance is already placed. There is no swapping.

• Kumba%s's Photo

Kyle... ParkDat.

• Ride6%s's Photo

Got mine in...

My entry was a bit of a cop-out.  I had some really cool ideas and ended up going with something really conventional instead.  *shrugs*

You know what they say about procrastination and masturbation...  In the end you're just fucking yourself.

*shrugs*

Ride6

• nin%s's Photo

Crisis averted. Mine should be sent in shortly.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

I made it.  :)

• Faas%s's Photo

Handing mine in now. 

• Lotte%s's Photo

when will the first matchups be released?

• Liampie%s's Photo
    The first matches will be out by Friday probably. Stay tuned.

I've seen most micros already and they kick ass. A huge increase in quality from the first round, believe it or not. Also, quite a few arabian and/or desert themed ones. No shitty micros, except for one. So far.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

friday? last time a lot of them were out within a day, though i suppose you guys are people too and want to enjoy summer just as much as us. it's great and both frightening to hear that all the entries except one are good, looks like i'm going out this round xp

• Ling%s's Photo

It was mine, wasn't it.

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    No dude it was nin's his is complete shit and so is mine
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Hahahahaha I'm sure it's mine. It's unfinished so.. There's a good chance you guys are all in the clear.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

I've seen most micros already and they kick ass. A huge increase in quality from the first round, believe it or not.

Yeah, that's just great and your planning to knock out 2/3 of the players and go from 24 right down to 8. That's BULLSHIT. Sorry, I know you and Louis are trying hard with this and the invisible bracket, but it's just unfair math. Really, what other contest/sports event/thing can you name where the field cuts in half in every round except in the middle? I would bet you cannot name any.

We are down to 24 solid players and this will kick out some great guys that might have slightly off rounds (yeah, I know I'll be one of them, but even if I was not in this contest I would be pissed-off by this format).

Sorry again. You guys have been great, it's just that I strongly disagree with this elimination system. Your only hurting NE by limiting the amount of R3 micros. It should be 12 advancing into 4 groups of 3 with the winners of each going into the championship.

/rant

• Faas%s's Photo

Stop whining Kumba. At least this micro contest has more than two contestants, unlike the micro shit you organised at your succesfull RCT site.

I'm glad the amount of contestants goes down so quick, because that way the contest doesn't last an entire year. Especially with a lot of dropouts it's not realistic to let a lot of people go through, because you will get less entries anyway. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading