Custom Scenery Exchange / MultiRCT - Keep your NCSO and Custom Scenery seperate

Do you think this is useful?

• oli414%s's Photo

Hi Everyone,

I've got a giant list of custom scenery which sometimes makes it hard to know what is NCSO and what is not.

After thinking about this problem I came up with a "easy" way to fix this problem.

I like programming so I started working on a program which turned out as MultiRCT. Originally I didn't had any plans of sharing it but MultiRCT seems to work pretty well and some people on NE might be looking for something like this.

What does it do?

MultiRCT is a Virtual Basic Script that creates two versions of all the RCT2 data folders, one for all the original data, and one for original data + custom content. One of these two will always be named as the folders RCT2 is looking for. when starting this program it will swap the files by just renaming the folders. it's a fairly simple concept which would take loads of time to do when you would do it manually.

Is it dangerous?

I've done some tests but nothing bad happened.

SOME KIND OF DISCLAIMER TO SCARE YOU:

If something bad does happen 80% chance it has something to do with you not reading the readme. And remember: I just finished it, backups don't hurt you.

If you've got a question just ask me.

-Oli414

(If you don't trust me I've got the source on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/xWsL8C98 )

Attached File  MultiRCT.rar (3.24KB)
    downloads: 12

3x EDIT 27-6-2014: Forget to upload the files.

EDIT 5-7-2014: Added a link to the source code.

EDIT 6-7-2014: Fixed pastebin link

• csw%s's Photo

What if you want a mixture of custom objects and base game objects? Is that still possible to have?

It's a neat idea, but I don't think I would use it when I can just go to my ObjData folder, sort by "Date Modified", and move everything added after some date in 2002. 

• oli414%s's Photo

^ Your folder with custom content also contains base game objects.

Otherwise RCT2 probably won't run

Tags