Micro Madness 2014 / [MM2014 R1] Airtime vs. Faas. vs. Chocotopian vs. bdawgtk1982

Select your favourite micro from this match up:

1. Airtime 22 votes [43.14%]
    • -Piggynator-
    • oli414
    • Liampie
    • PizzaWurscht
    • XCars
    • Atomik
    • Six Frags
    • tdub96
    • JimmyLaessig
    • ottersalad
    • spudzilla21
    • meznator
    • 5dave
    • JJayMForce
    • olddtfan51
    • Mr.Brightside711
    • FK+Coastermind
    • geewhzz
    • dawidox
    • Xeccah
    • BelgianGuy
    • Louis!
    Percentage of vote: 43.14%
  2. Faas 28 votes [54.90%]
    • posix
    • wheres_walto
    • Version1
    • Lotte
    • Maverix
    • FredD
    • Jonny93
    • CHE
    • trav
    • Fisch
    • Coupon
    • Chrixz
    • bigshootergill
    • booms2booms
    • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt
    • Ling
    • DrTrygga
    • Orphanblood
    • Recurious
    • mechanictim
    • Camcorder22
    • Stoksy
    • dinosaurfour
    • tyandor
    • zxbiohazardzx
    • GammaZero
    • thirteen
    • 202mitch
    Percentage of vote: 54.90%
  3. Chocotopian 1 vote [1.96%]
    • ida
    Percentage of vote: 1.96%
  4. bdawgtk1982 0 votes [0.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Select your second favourite micro from this match up:

1. Airtime 23 votes [45.10%]
    • wheres_walto
    • Version1
    • Lotte
    • Maverix
    • FredD
    • ida
    • Jonny93
    • trav
    • Fisch
    • Coupon
    • Chrixz
    • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt
    • Ling
    • Orphanblood
    • olddtfan51
    • Recurious
    • Camcorder22
    • Stoksy
    • dinosaurfour
    • tyandor
    • zxbiohazardzx
    • GammaZero
    • 202mitch
    Percentage of vote: 45.10%
  2. Faas 19 votes [37.25%]
    • Liampie
    • PizzaWurscht
    • XCars
    • Atomik
    • Six Frags
    • tdub96
    • JimmyLaessig
    • ottersalad
    • spudzilla21
    • meznator
    • 5dave
    • JJayMForce
    • Mr.Brightside711
    • FK+Coastermind
    • geewhzz
    • dawidox
    • Xeccah
    • BelgianGuy
    • Louis!
    Percentage of vote: 37.25%
  3. Chocotopian 4 votes [7.84%]
    • -Piggynator-
    • CHE
    • booms2booms
    • mechanictim
    Percentage of vote: 7.84%
  4. bdawgtk1982 5 votes [9.80%]
    • posix
    • oli414
    • bigshootergill
    • DrTrygga
    • thirteen
    Percentage of vote: 9.80%
  • 5dave%s's Photo

7 little sins - Chocotopian
    Nice idea for a theme, but besides naming nothing really shows what is represented. The names were really nice, though. Thinking more vertically in the future could make a park like this much more interesting.

Obsidian - bdawgtk1982
    I liked the idea of the drill site (using the attraction as a drill is a great idea!). But there were no real indicators of obsidian mining IMO. Maybe some caves underneath with miners would have been nice. Also you could have done more with the rides and stalls in general.

The Great Vilnius - Faas
    I'm kinda torn about this one. On one hand I really like the idea with the Grand Vilnius hotel but on the other hand I don't really get why you didn't recreate the Grand Budapest instead? You even named the ride after the apple portrait. I liked the idea but I think it could have been better sticking to the movie and showing more of its indoors.

Thompson's pier - Airtime
    Well executed pier area, although a bit sterile and too perfect. Piers to me are also a bit chaotic, repaired in some parts and also a little bit dirty. I'd loved to see some repairs going on, some sun shadings (it's a sunny spot after all), stalls and so on. Would have brought this to life even more, but these are all complains on a very high level. IMO the best of the bunch.

"MFG"

• Ling%s's Photo

Very close between Faas and Airtime. Atmosphere is better in Great Vilnius Hotel, but the technical skill is a bit higher in Thompson's Pier. I think I spent more time admiring Great Vilnius Hotel though, so I will have to give that my first pick.

• JJayMForce%s's Photo

7 Little Sins-  Very lively and fun, and the music was a nice touch.  You did a good job with the names of the areas and the staff, pretty cool entry.   4/10

Obsidian-  Pretty basic with your objects here.  It was fairly fun to look at, but little things, like customs supports, or rock work, could've helped.  I liked the lava flow and the underground area you had.    3/10

The Great Vilnius Hotel-  Looked pretty much like your previous works, and was fairly conservative imo.  It was good, but I would like more innovation.  The hotel looked solid.  The ride was ok, and nice job working in custom supports.  The elevators were a nice touch.   Omg the music was annoying though.  If you move on i'm interested to see what you would make, faawhatever :D  5/10

Thompson's Pier-  Very solid entry.  The custom flat made it unique, and the mouse ride was just well built.  The custom mouse sign above the ride looked good, along with the boardwalk and buildings.   7/10

• Faas%s's Photo

Oh shit I forgot about the music. I usually play without music and with my own music playing, so I'm sorry for torturing you guys with the toyland music. 

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

Choco def had the best idea IMO, but execution wasn't there.

Faas' park had so many cool little bits attempted, but i'm not sure they were pulled off very well.

In the end, i gave it to Airtime on execution, though i hope you have some more fantastical tricks up your sleeves for the rounds to come.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Airtime: Definition of solid I think. Although it wasn't overly 'out there' the execution of the idea was really top notch. The air race was just so clean! Lovely touches such as the 'token' signs really added to the boardwalk/pier theme and I really enjoyed watching the mouse. Hopefully your next micro breaks the mould a little more.

Faas: Having not seen the movie I felt that some of the references were probably wasted on me. Nonetheless, I'd say the more unique idea of this park just edged Airtime's execution. As gdb said it would have been cool to have the back of the hotel more open and perhaps shown the ground floor. Really 'fun' entry in my opinion, just like all of your RCT work.

Choco: Definitely the best idea. Really innovative, and something that I certainly didn't expect. However, it was a little messy I think and with so many ideas it was difficult to appreciate all of them [the gluttony building was quite cool in my opinion]. Perhaps you would have been better off only focussing on a couple of sins rather than all seven; I think this may have improved the execution of the idea. Wanted to vote for this park purely for the idea, but the difference in execution just edged it for me.

bdawgtk: Pretty much your 'run-of-the-mill' micro I thought. Solid for sure but didn't really do anything for me. I'm guessing the idea was mining related...I would have liked to see more cutaways of underground; perhaps a few frozen staff as miners and some black rocks representing obsidian. I just think that the idea could have been portrayed a bit better, but the park itself was really quite nice.

Faas > Airtime > Choco > bdawgtk

Really solid first matchup I thought, nice job all.

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    this was tough, as all the entries were good this might be the strongest out of all the rounds. bdawgtk1982 was very close to getting my 2nd place vote. nice job on your entry.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

2 days left to vote!

• thirteen%s's Photo

This was a tough one. The first place of course goes to Faas. This hotel is incredible. I loved the lifts and the back of the hotel with a nice interiour view. the second place wasnt so easy. Little sins was nice, but too cliché to build on a small space. the different areas were too small to really create a certain atmosphere. thompsons pier, i see why this is going to be loved by most ne-folks. its well executed, clean and flawless. but i think its uninspired and pretty standard. I am not so much into piers anyway. i really found obsidian creative and loved the use of lava. this one got my second vote.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

Airtime and Faas are the clear winners of this match. Voted airtime because the execution was super high despite the "part-of-a-park" style a little weird to me in a micro and that it could've had some details that would make the boardwalk seem grittier and more alive. 

Faas did good too, best idea of the match i'd say but he really played it safe with this one. Still good enough for the match, though, just I was left wanting more.

• Louis!%s's Photo

1) Airtime

Was perfect in every single way. To, yet again, take a seemingly standard layout, and turn it into something outstanding is a massive feat. The Zamperla Air Race tops it all off. Great entry, gets my 1st place.

2) Faas

As with all your work, it's full of atmosphere and life. This was some of your best work, I was unsure how your style would work within a micro format, but I was impressed, you've come along leaps and bounds recently. Lovely entry, clear 2nd place.

3) Choco

Lovely idea, just lacked the execution. Was on the same level as Bdawgs entry, but you pipped him to 3rd place for idea alone.

4) Bdawg

Certainly not the worst entry in the world, was actually very pleasant, just wasn't as good as the others. Only came 4th because Choco had a better idea, quality wise, they were the same. Better luck next time!

• Airtime%s's Photo

I don't get Faas's. It's just a building on top of an ugly cliff? I think the real winner out of this match has to be Bdawg's for the ideas. I loved the thought put into it.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Please be aware, voting will close this evening (GMT) for this round.

• Faas%s's Photo
    Sorry Airtime, I should have just made a flat pier with only two rides of which one doesn't even work. Go watch the movie 'the grand Budapest hotel' airtime, it's a good movie.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Sorry I don't make messy rct with shit piled on top of it.
  • Faas%s's Photo

You should try it, it will get you the most votes! :D

• Louis!%s's Photo

I think people need to calm down.

Edit: And Faas brings back the friendliness with a joke :)

• Airtime%s's Photo
    Where's that laughing smiley when you need it :p
  • Faas%s's Photo

I'm perfectly calm, I shouldn't have replied to Airtime, I'm sorry. It was just unnecessary commentary of him really. 

• Airtime%s's Photo
    Shots fired again now

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading