Micro Madness 2014 / [MM2014 R1] disneylandian192 vs. Camcorder22 vs. gdb vs. Version1

Select your favourite micro from this match up:

1. disneylandian192 1 vote [2.86%]
    • Airtime
    Percentage of vote: 2.86%
  2. Camcorder22 8 votes [22.86%]
    • Liampie
    • Atomik
    • RCTER2
    • -Piggynator-
    • mechanictim
    • geewhzz
    • Sulakke
    • JJayMForce
    Percentage of vote: 22.86%
  3. gdb 25 votes [71.43%]
    • Faas
    • Six Frags
    • ida
    • CHE
    • Poke
    • Ling
    • JimmyLaessig
    • nin
    • bdawgtk1982
    • dawidox
    • PizzaWurscht
    • FredD
    • Chocotopian
    • olddtfan51
    • 6ca
    • Ride6
    • Stoksy
    • BelgianGuy
    • GammaZero
    • Louis!
    • 5dave
    • Maverix
    • trav
    • FK+Coastermind
    • Chrixz
    Percentage of vote: 71.43%
  4. Version1 1 vote [2.86%]
    • oli414
    Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Select your second favourite micro from this match up:

1. disneylandian192 4 votes [11.43%]
    • ida
    • geewhzz
    • 5dave
    • Sulakke
    Percentage of vote: 11.43%
  2. Camcorder22 19 votes [54.29%]
    • Faas
    • Six Frags
    • oli414
    • Poke
    • Ling
    • JimmyLaessig
    • nin
    • bdawgtk1982
    • PizzaWurscht
    • FredD
    • 6ca
    • Ride6
    • Stoksy
    • BelgianGuy
    • GammaZero
    • Maverix
    • trav
    • FK+Coastermind
    • Chrixz
    Percentage of vote: 54.29%
  3. gdb 6 votes [17.14%]
    • Liampie
    • RCTER2
    • -Piggynator-
    • mechanictim
    • Airtime
    • JJayMForce
    Percentage of vote: 17.14%
  4. Version1 6 votes [17.14%]
    • CHE
    • Atomik
    • dawidox
    • Chocotopian
    • olddtfan51
    • Louis!
    Percentage of vote: 17.14%
  • 5dave%s's Photo

Escape from Naboo - Disneylandian192
    Nice start, thats really all I can say here. I don't know if you planned it, but a ride or something would have been nice? Maybe a spaceship-coaster or a watr-something dropping down those Naboo waterfalls? Hope you can finish it - would really like to see more of this!

Ghirardelli Gardens - Camcorder22
    The coaster is a bit fast for the track imo. What I really like is the whole composition with the track in between those buildings and the waterfall. But besides architecture and that dive coaster there's not much else to see unfortunately. Not sure about the theme, but peeps would have brought this to life - maybe some Italian details even?

River quest - Version1
    It felt kinda bland to me. I know the real ride isn't a feast for the eyes, but you could have adapted what is there and expanded those ideas - go over the top! Next time, try to use more different textures on the buildings, right now it's just brick and roofs. The ideas are there (wooden parts and towers), but go a bit more wild next time!

The conspiracy - gdb
    Great use of space! I really liked the coaster and its connection to the landscape and architecture - really great stuff! Also the church interiour and the differently colored underground coaster part were really nice. The story wasn't told that convincing, but the readme helps. What could have made this entry even better: Peeps and path details & little things! Great stuff nontheless.

"MFG"

• Version1%s's Photo

Seriously guys, the only reason I build this in CSO was, because it's kinda impossible to build this Ride with NCSO in my eyes. But this micro showed me, that I maybe should just say at the NCSO front.

• Ling%s's Photo

Your CSO is just as good as your NCSO. You just need to be willing to branch out more and use the vast array of CS objects to your creative advantage.

• Airtime%s's Photo

Disneylandian you're becoming one of my favourites with this new class of ShoGo, Jjay, ITM. I love the idea, just gotta love Star Wars.

Gdb, you really stepped up there dude, good job.

• Lotte%s's Photo

thanks everybody! next micro will be even better

• Louis!%s's Photo

Voting Closed

Winner: gdb with 43.5 points

Runner-Up: Camcorder22 with 31 points

3rd Place: Version1 with 7.5 points

4th Place: disneylandian192 with 5.5 points

gdb & Camcorder22 go through to Round 2

• Camcorder22%s's Photo

Apologies that my entry was kind of bullshit, I struggled with it a decent amount as you might be able to tell.  Time wasn't an issue seeing as I spent 17 RCT years on it, I just tried to work outside my normal style and didn't enjoy it at all, and ended up staring at the screen and rebuilding everything 100 times.  I also thought I would be able to build on my laptop track pad which wasn't a good call.  Definitely ordering a mouse for round 2.  In the end I went for a semblance of completion over detail, even though I wanted all sorts of nice details like real gardens, interiors, patio furniture, peeps, boat ride in the water, etc.  Fuck realism, my next entry is going to be 500 ft of aliens and satan.  

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading