H2H2 / Week 5-Icons vs. Pufferfish

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Week 5-Icons vs. Pufferfish

1. Icons' Ville des Lumieres aka "City of Lights" 35 votes [55.56%]
    Percentage of vote: 55.56%
  2. Pufferfish' Anuradhapura 28 votes [44.44%]
    Percentage of vote: 44.44%
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I voted for [confusing French park name], so sorry to the [confusing Indian park name] makers. My vote went based on:

A. It was RCT2.
    B. The architecture was sick.
    C. The smoke effects were freakin dope.

If only it wasn't so fucking small, I'd give it yet more credit. Huzzah.
  • CoasterWizard%s's Photo
    I voted for the City of Lights, although they were both great parks.
    Pure class!
    Although there are errors with the french in some spots.. :angel:
  • natelox%s's Photo
    The pufferfish got my vote. It wasn't great, but it ruled over the city of lights. The city of lights had horrible archiecture that didn't even begin to represent France. The only thing good about that map was the haning gardens or whatever they were called.
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    Thats funny. City of Lights completely reminded me of my trip to france.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Didn't remind you of France?
    Ok....
  • Scarface%s's Photo

Didn't remind you of France?
    Ok....

im just as stunned as u r.....

Natelox have u been to france ? if u think u have are you sure you never went to germany ?? ???
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

The pufferfish got my vote. It wasn't great, but it ruled over the city of lights. The city of lights had horrible archiecture that didn't even begin to represent France. The only thing good about that map was the haning gardens or whatever they were called.

Just because you live in Vancouver, which is in Canada, which is partially French (Quebec, for example), doesn't mean you know French architecture. ;) :p

City of Lights totally evoked a feeling of France to me (the romantic type), so I dunno where you're coming from. You might as well say that the other park doesn't look Indian (or native culture) at all.

This is a close race, just like I thought. Both of these parks are just amazing, I tell you. It's like El Dorado vs Maui X-Treme. They both deserve to win.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    Pufferfish totally owned this round. Good job guys!
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I thought both parks were excellent.

Ville des Lumieres was very beautiful and I think the buildings were truly a step towards a defined theme in rct2. No wishy washy pseudo-pirates, for example, but a real, authentic french atmosphere. The coaster interacted with the theming and architecture brilliantly, but I thought that more could have been done with the area around the lift hill.

Anahabracadabradrahubaramba was equally fantastic. The buildings seemed etched into a towering outcrop which is something very difficult to achieve in rct. The coaster was frantic, especially that batwing. I liked the Log Flume even more. I can easily tell who one of the makers was from "the hack". This is definitely a park to be proud of.

Well Done both teams. This is definitely a difficult one to call. More difficult than Maui vs Dorado.

Go Icons!
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo
    I actually liked the RCT1 park better ???
    which really surprised me...but both parks were well done
  • natelox%s's Photo
    yes, i have been to france, and still the park looks nothing like france. They even got the flag wrong. The flag next to the farris wheel is from Yukoslavia, not France. France has three verticle strips, not horizontal. In Paris (aka, the city of lights) alot of the buildings made with brick/rock type material, not "pirate" stuff.

Finally corkscrewed, i have been to Montreal and have witnessed french canadian archiecture too. Don't make assumptions about where i've been or not been.
  • Scarface%s's Photo

yes, i have been to france, and still the park looks nothing like france. They even got the flag wrong. The flag next to the farris wheel is from Yukoslavia, not France. France has three verticle strips, not horizontal. In Paris (aka, the city of lights) alot of the buildings made with brick/rock type material, not "pirate" stuff. 

Finally corkscrewed, i have been to Montreal and have witnessed french canadian archiecture too. Don't make assumptions about where i've been or not been.

Yes i agree the flag was wrong.
    But overall it captured a nice french atmosphere.

Opinions r opinions tho
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    I dont see how a proper French flag would be possible without more custom scenery.

Besides, the names of the rides indicated to me that this wasnt current day paris, so dont expect the exact materials you see today.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    with the expection of La defense... all of paris is old, really old. I doubt many new buildings are built in Paris these days.

and iris. I'm not trying to flame it, i just dislike. Sorry if i am, but if many people like a park then i must explain why i dislike it. I like a lot of parks. Here, enoy my top 15.

1.Busch Gardens Lichfield RRP
    2.Florida Disney Sea vTd
    3.Shilo Town vTd & Jesse
    4.Orange Valley Ty
    5.Egyptopia Coaster Ed
    6.Lloyd Harbour Elrocko
    7.Tropico Horizons Fatha'
    8.Atlantis: The Lost Empire Nevis
    9.Universal Tampa Evil WME
    10.Tropico Cove Fatha'
    11.Ancient Pastimes II Fatha'
    12.Citris Beach California Elrocko
    13.Disney Extreme Orlando x-sector
    14.Atlantis: The Lost Empire Nevis
    15.Legends West SAcoasterfreak

I have complaind about Fatha's stuff being repeditive and all but it still makes a good place on my list. Just cause i complain about it doesn't mean that i don't like it.
  • iris%s's Photo
    ALE is pretty popular on your list ;)
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

I hope you noticed to two smilies, took that for jest, and are replying in a not-so-serious tone, because if you're not, man, lighten up. You've been quite serious and broody lately.

Another note on the whole Paris thing. Based on what I remember from my European history (which I took three years ago, so don't hold me to anything) and the little bit I've learned in architecture, this style is more like the pre-Napoleonic style, before all the slums were cleared away and the city made into a wide, sparkling, nice and neat place. Although I think it's obviously been romanticized.

Hey Iris, when does voting end? Preferably now? ;)
  • iris%s's Photo
    This match-up is now over.
    The next one is going up tomorrow.

This leaves things pretty interesting between the Pufferfish and Icons.
    Both teams are now 3-1, each with a win over each other.
    Not looking too good for the Blue Meanies, who need one of the two teams to start slumping if they want a chance at the playoffs.

Anyways

The Icons' park "City of Lights' was created by Corkscrewed and Foozy
    The Pufferfish' park was created by Posix and Creator

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading