General Chat / NBA Playoff Chat

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I'll restart this thread.

Right now, it's 9:38 left in 2nd quarter.
    Kings 43
    Dallas 52

This is pretty fun to watch.

GO Lakers! (please)
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    83 points in the first half?

Un-fucking-real.
  • iris%s's Photo
    All-time record for most points scored in one half in the playoffs.
    Now what aero? :p
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    OMFG

I've never seen any team put up 83 in one half in my LIFE. Maybe in an All-Star game, but I don't remember any, and I've been watching b-ball since I was four, lol.

Props (finally) to Dallas for pulling a team-Wilt Chamberlain AND especially for playing D and blowing Sac out so far. I said the final score would be 147-144, right, Iris? Might end up being 160-135 or something, lol.

This is fun. I admit it. This is fun to watch.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Shit.... they only scored 30 in the third quarter. Watch out, Dallas, you're cooling down!!!!

113 - 85 (end of 3rd qtr)
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Damn, they didn't break 140!
    They had reserves in, so thats cool. Big game for Dallas, I see this series coming back to Dallas 2-2.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    On a different NBA note, Bob Ryan is God.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Yeah, Bob Ryan is the shit. The PTI guys are cooler, but Ryan is still awesome.

Anyways, The Kings are Webber-less now. I think that Dallas will honestly win this series now, because now the Kings lost the only thing that separated themselves from the Mavs. Nobody in the league can run and gun with the Mavericks, and the reason the Kings were the better overall team was because they had an amazing inside prescence, which the Mavs didn't have. Now we're gonna have run and gun games every game, and the Mavs really don't lose those too often. Webber also commands double teams, which gets double teams for Peja, Bobby Jackson, Bibby, and Christie. Now these guys are going to have to create on their own. Webber was also the best passing big guy in the league, meaning that a lot of those cuts to the basket will go unseen now.

All this coming at the same time that the Mavs have lots of confidence. Nick Van Exel seems to determine to shove that 6th Man Award down Bobby Jackson's throat, Finley is slowly starting to come around (didn't shoot well but found his touch a little bit), Nash played very well, and Dirk played amazing until NVE took over.

This got a lot more interesting.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Chris Webber is expected to miss the rest of the NBA playoffs because of torn cartilage in his left knee.

Damn you Dallas. Damn you to hell. I'm not gonna wait another whole year. Alright so it probably would have happened no matter who they were playing but this is still shitty. How would you feel if Nowitzki were out for the rest of the playoffs?
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Yes! We may get our asses handed to us, but we have successfully made the New Jersey Nets feel unsafe in the FleetCenter!

Vive le Boston!
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Somebody shoot me. I can't take this anymore. Goodbye cruel world...
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    WOW what a game (kings vs mavs) OTx2, Nick drops 40, peja chocks again this one of the best match ups ever even walt willams was killin the kings the only bad thing was dirks inbound pass that even don nelson could not catch, anyway i got a point here im gona make my picks for the rest of the playoffs here they are

Round 2
    kings-MAVS= Mavs in 6
    SA-Lal= SA in 6
    NJ-Bos= NJ in 5
    PHI-Det=Det in 7

Round 3
    MAVS-Sa= Mavs in 6
    NJ-Det= NJ in 7

Finals
    MAVS-Nj= Mavs in 5

ok i would like to see your picks too and we will see who has the best picks
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    MY Original picks: (don't remember the exact predictions of wins/losses)

1st Round

WEST
    Spurs over Suns 4-3
    Kings over Jazz 4-1
    Mavs over Blazers 4-2
    Lakers over Wolves 4-1

EAST
    Pistons over Magic 4-3
    Bucks over Nets 4-2 (wtf was I thinking?)
    Pacers over Celtics 4-2 (picked the wrong upset)
    76ers over Hornets 4-3

2nd Round

WEST
    Lakers over Spurs 4-2
    Kings over Mavs 4-1

EAST
    76ers over Pistons 4-2
    Pacers over Bucks 4-2

Conference Finals
    WEST
    Lakers over Kings 4-3

EAST
    Pacers over 76ers 4-2

NBA Finals
    Lakers over Pacers 4-2

My New Predictions (made before 2nd round)

2nd Round

WEST
    Lakers over Spurs 4-2
    Kings over Mavs 4-1

EAST
    76ers over Pistons 4-2
    Nets over Celtics 4-3 (well, it won't be that close unless the Nets pull a Dallas)

Conference Finals
    WEST
    Lakers over Kings 4-3

EAST
    76ers over Nets 4-3 (I think I'll switch that later)

NBA Finals
    Lakers over 76ers 4-2

But man, Dallas came back and beat the Kings. So Mavs, you FINALLY are getting some more respect from me. In fact, I'd love for you to beat the Kings, assuming the Lakers beat the Spurs, and meet LA in the Conference finals. That would be fun.
  • G-Rocks%s's Photo
    The only reason Dallas isn't down 3-0 is because of the spark...and it's a HUGE spark, Van Exel is giving them. You can tell he believes that they can beat the Kings and he wants that ring he never got with the Lakers. I definitely give Dallas a chance in this series, yet I still think the Kings have the edge.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Ive come to the conclusion that:

Sacramento sucks.

And, the only reason the KINGS arent down 3-0 is due to a tired Dallas Mavericks team in game 1. Don't get it twisted.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Right and losing their best player has nothing to do with it.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Well, we'll never know.
    Dallas did beat the living hell out of Sacramento in game 2, with Webber.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    How many times has it been said, you live by the jump shot and you'll die by the jump shot. Nick Van Exel still scorless after 3? What the heck happened? How quickly the gods of basketball will make you eat your words. I think we'd all better stop making predictions cause this series defies all logic.
  • aero21%s's Photo
    well, well. It's tied 2-2, and the Kings are minus thier All-Star. Oh wait, we have another and his name is Peja. I forgot another one, we have a CENTER! Don't go counting out the Kings, they should be up 3-1 right now. Vlade hit his throws and that would be true. Dallas will not win this series, because they don't play defense! Nash said it himself, "Our offense is our defense.". What the hell kind of statement is that? I suppose most NBA champions decided defense isn't neccesary ??? . As far as the Lakers go, they are showing a little of that "spunk" that got them three championships in a row (with the help of a few Refs) but, it won't last. Spurs in Six. I would talk about the East, but why waste time.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Hey now, we got back our homecourt advantage, and splitting in Sacramento isn't bad.
    Who knows how the series will go from here.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading