RCT Discussion / Downloading RCT2?

• VanSchyndel%s's Photo

Hey guys. Pretty much all of you don't know me, but that's okay. Anyways, I am interested in getting involved in the community again because, quite frankly, I still really like RCT. Anyways, is there a version of RCT2 optimized for Windows 7? I know this may sound stupid, but it runs like crap on my Windows 7. Besides that, is that trainor called something like 8 cars for Windows 7 too? 

• Lotte%s's Photo

well i think a lot of people know you again after that reintroduction of yours :p

but there really isn't a special 'optimized' version for windows 7, it should work fine. 8cars can be found under the 'game utilities' tab

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    He just said that it doesn't "work fine".

There's a downloadable version at gog.com on sale right now, which is what I use, and I run windows 7. You could also try steam, or getting a copy of xp and running in a VM.
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    Make sure your running rct2 in xp compatibility mode. Right click, properties, compadability settings, xp, and click okay. Also run as administrator. That's how I run rct2. Also the windowed mode hack is very useful. A quick google search can find that.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading