11) Para-noir
    12) The Bright Young Things
    13) Better Of Two Evils
    14) Vodevil
    15) Osequy (The Death Of Art)
    Release Date: May 13'th, 2003 (Tuesday)
    CD Cover:
    Posted Image

So, this is my first CD thingy here at NE, review coming within the hour that I own the CD. Onto the good shit.

Marilyn Manson's newest/latest CD, The Golden Age of Grotesque. Ah, what a guy, or girl, or it. Whatever he may be, this guy fucking ownz all when it comes to shock rock/industrial. On Tuesday, The Golden Age of Grotesque will be released to the maases (did that on purpse) to all the Mansonites out there like myself (and Nitro). The CD's first single began getting airplay a couple weeks ago, while the video is only a week or two old. The single, titled Mobscene, has a very uppy sound which reminds me more of a Holy Woodish one than any of his previous work(s). Now I'm not saying that that's a bad thing or anything along the lines of that, it's just that I'd like to see him get back to his Portrait of an American Family days, ya know? When he was only getting airplay at the 1-4 AM slot on MTV, not like his recent stuff, which is on TRL. But not like it actually makes it on the Top 10 anyways, so I guess that's alright (I don't even remember hearing about a Nobodies vid until I turned on the TV one night at around the time I said above).

But yeah, as you can most likely tell by now, I am a fan of his, and have been ever since I saw the Sweet Dreams video way back when I was only in 4'th grade. Yup, while most kids were into all the kid pop stuff, I was listening to Manson, Foo, Tom Petty, and Black Sabbath... But hey, it's not like my mom knew about that (only about Foo), after all, she's a Christian Pre-School teacher (she knows now, and doesn't like it). But yeah, I just went WAY off course now didn't I.

To sum it all up, like him or not Brian Warner and his bandmates, although very, very weird, keep producing great music (with or without Twiggy :( ), and because of that, I think you should give this album a shot. If not, oh well, life doesn't always have to revolve around me and what I say, but one day it will. One day it will... Muhahahahaahahaha coughcough, crap. Bye.

-Brent0s :stupid:

EDIT: What a perfect time to post a topic like this... 316 posts. :w00t:
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    Where the hell did you get it! KaZaA?
    Oh by the way. Manson is sweet. And his new shit is awesome! Of the few songs I have heard. I haven't gotten to see the video yet. But I will see it sooner or later. Now that HeadBanger's Ball is back on MTV2! Starting tomorrow!
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    What a freak. Are you really that disturbed on the inside that youve got to listen to his crap, he just a Michael Jackson on crack. Hehe, MJ.

What a freak.  Are you really that disturbed on the inside that youve got to listen to his crap, he just a Michael Jackson on crack.  Hehe, MJ.

Go listen to your Backstreet Boys & NSync.
    And sing who the world is a beautiful place and everything is perfect. Look around its not a Perfect World and will never be a perfect world.

All Manson Fans know it is an act. And if you ever actually saw manson. You would know he is a really smart guy. And if you think he is really a "Freak" you are an idiot yourself.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Oh. Harsh. But not harsh enough. You hypocrtical bastard I dont listen to Backstreet Boys or NSync, they arnt talented. And the world isnt a perfect place but that doesnt mean that this craptastic music is good, all he does is yell and moan and do dumb ass crap on TV. He is untalented and a "freak". Who cares if it is an act its a fucked up one at the least and I dont think that it is apporpriate. No Im not saying he should be banned from the music market I just dont like his act and style. Now go have fun listening to your crap, I would rather listen to Iris' and his 50 Cent.
    lol.. manson has talent.. just not as much as other bands.. and manson's holywood is more mellow than his older stuff.. besides manson doesn't yell or scream in his music.. you might want to try Slipknot or Pantara for that. I myself was once a huge Manson fan. But now I am more into Finger Eleven, Staind, Cold, Three Days Grace, Seether, Sevendust, etc.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

The new CD is by far his best since POAAF...

Raven-SDI
    §

Hello.

The new CD is by far his best since POAAF...

Raven-SDI
    §

He knows! I haven't heard much from his new cd. But POAAF is deffintly my fav. along with Holywood and Antichrist Superstar.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    You gave up? Damn. That wasnt much of a fight. :D But yeah. My X-Friend tried to get me to listen to some Rob Zombie and Slip-Knot stuff and it was just boring, all the same unmelodic crap, over and over again. I have to agree with you though, he was more of a figure way back when, I remeber looking through one of his books, it was, interesting. Disturbed life, foo shoo.
    I didn't give up. I just don't want to hurt your feelings too bad. :stupid: :lol:
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Mechanical Animals is MM's best album.

Slipknot are melodic.

mOBSCENE is a shit single.

I dont have The Golden Age of Grotesque, yet.

Axis of Perdition rule!
  • jhoffa%s's Photo
    PM me for the info about the worlds cheapest record store.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Manson sucks.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    I wouldn't say 'Manson Sucks', as he doesn't. But he isn't a truly great and wonderful artists either. He's an entertainer. His music is made to entertain you, and his live shows kick ass.

With that in mind: he is great, as his music does entertain me. Particularly now that he's decided to give up shock value, and start having fun.

It is really quite difficult for me to hate a song with cheerleaders chanting 'Be obscene, be-be obscene!'. So, his new CD will probably find its way into my record collection at some point in time. Probably.

Also, there is a lot better Industrial out there right now. And a lot more 'scary' and 'shocking' stuff too. Look for it.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Yeah. "Mob Scene" is pretty good. Cheerleader chants never fail in a song. I've just never been a fan of his music, as it takes 'shock rock' and industrial and bastardizes it. He is, however, an awesome person, as evidenced by the Osbournes episode when Justin Timberlake tried to piledrive him. That was fucking brilliant on the Unintentional Comedy scale.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Well, I know my expectations and I don't think I will be getting the album on its release date. However, I will probably get round to buying it after I have bought Cds which I am more looking forward to. Such as Chimaira "The Impossibility of Reason" released on Monday. That’s something, which is worth getting on the release date.
  • Nic%s's Photo
    Go listen to something new and original. SikTh.

Fuckers.
  • cg?%s's Photo

I've just never been a fan of his music, as it takes 'shock rock' and industrial and bastardizes it.

How the fuck can you bastardize Shock Rock? It's impossible. Unless somebody comes out with Conservative, Christian, White, Republican, Shock-Rock. Then it's been bastardized! Truly.

As for Industrial, blame Trent Reznor. Manson was staying clear of it until he came along and started adding his NIN pop-Industrial touch to the damned thing.

And Nic, SiKth isn't original. At all. Annoying yes, but original nope.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading