RCT Discussion / RCT2germany Weekly

• Version1%s's Photo

As some of you may have noticed, a few german guys on this board are running a RCT2 centered youtube channel called "RCT2germany". Some may have noticed, that I happen to be one of them. We did german Let's Play videos for quite some time and had some english videos, when we reviewed some accolades of NE. MCI decided, that it was time to go back and add more english content to the channel, as english is the main language of RCT2 players around the world. So I thought to myself, that I want to help bring our channel back to life again: Debuting sunday, I will host a show called "RCT2germany Weekly" in which I will look at the past weeks releases on NE and other parks, if there weren't any releases in this particular week. Of course I will try to have some guests on the show (I remember my "Kumba" Review with Kumba quite fondly) and try to make it as entertaining as possible.

I hope you guys will give the format a chance. I will post the videos here, as they aren't excactly Live Streams and hope, that you guys enjoy what I'm about to create.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Looking forward to it!
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

Always interesting to see other peoples thoughts on a park, should be interesting.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

I love any video review of a park so I'd like to see how this goes.  I've watched a few of your videos on youtube (all of which were good) but I have no clue what you guys are saying when you work. So this is good for me.

• Liampie%s's Photo

If you post the links here I'll definitely watch those!

Please get yourself a personal avatar though. I can barely tell you guys apart, it's terrible. Stop with this RCT2 Germany avatar madness! Even if you keep this format get rid of the comic sans...

• Lotte%s's Photo

i like SSSammy's take on the matter of avatars

• MCI%s's Photo

Better?

• Liampie%s's Photo

Much better!

• posix%s's Photo

It's always nice to see you guys so excited about the scene and wanting to do these videos. But for me there are two problems that may not make them very interesting: (1) your level of English, (2) the fact that you came to the community in the post-era and haven't really produced accolade winning releases, meaning what you have to say about the parks may not be super interesting, sorry ... . However, I sometimes like your videos because they allow me to understand with what eyes newer members see our parks.

• Faas%s's Photo

I think both of your points are bullshit posix. And I use the word bullshit not to offend but because I don't have another word for it at the moment. 
    1) They speak English well enough for anyone that speaks English to understand what they are saying. 
    2) You don't have to be an accolade winning builder to have to say something about other parks, just like I don't have to be an oscar winning director to talk about and review movies that I saw. 

Keep it up guys

• Version1%s's Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Hkmkv4Dsc&feature=youtu.be

Okay, here it is. I am terribly sorry for the poor video quality, my XSplit didn't record the resolution of the game but rather half the resolution of the game, so it looks kinda bad. I will fix that for next week and will habe a better mic till then, if all goes according to plan

• Lotte%s's Photo

thanks for the review! i love the video

• BigB%s's Photo

I highly appreciate your effort and hope you'll keep it up for a few weeks !

Your English is a bit halting but who cares, for me it's understandable.

*Thumbs Up*

• Cocoa%s's Photo

looks nice. your accent is hilariously stereotypical german (your english is great though)

• Ling%s's Photo

I finally got around to watching it. I just wanted to point out that bigshootergill did actually win the contest the design was made for: http://www.reddit.co...cember_contest/. It might also have been good to look at the workbench he was required to use.

You sound really out of breath or something. Try moving the mic a little further away or working out a system so you don't have what sound like huge gasps every few seconds. Also, the video seems to be listed as 720p but looks like it was up-sampled from something much, much lower. The other videos on the channel look fine, maybe it was just a rendering error or something?

• Version1%s's Photo

I finally got around to watching it. I just wanted to point out that bigshootergill did actually win the contest the design was made for: http://www.reddit.co...cember_contest/. It might also have been good to look at the workbench he was required to use.

You sound really out of breath or something. Try moving the mic a little further away or working out a system so you don't have what sound like huge gasps every few seconds. Also, the video seems to be listed as 720p but looks like it was up-sampled from something much, much lower. The other videos on the channel look fine, maybe it was just a rendering error or something?

Didn't notice that. Next time I'll prepare better. I will get a new headset this week, and I hope it will help. I accidentally recorded the video in half the resolution and upscales it, this I can promise to fix

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Agree with Ling a little re: speaking, but it's certainly understandable and I'm sure it will get a lot better the more videos are released.

I think that you're definitely understandable and agree with Faas completely. I agreed with many of the points made and think that the detail that you went into with regards to realism and personal preference was really interesting. Perhaps the more technical RCT-side was less critical than say a more experienced member might be but the overall presentation was enjoyable and interesting; kudos.

I look forward to seeing more!

• Version1%s's Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i34pdaZ0Gg&feature=youtu.be

• Version1%s's Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKLfU8uY5Qo&feature=youtu.be

• csw%s's Photo

It's private. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading