General Chat / A Trip Down NE Memory Lane

• 202mitch%s's Photo

Not sure if you guys have already found this, but jeez the nostalgia is kicking in!!!

http://web.archive.o.../nedesigns.com/

Enjoy!!!

• Kumba%s's Photo

Still my favorite version of NE and the one that I think of when people say "old school" NE.

• 202mitch%s's Photo

you can also use the "capture" bar at the top to travel to different times in NE history.. some won't load all the way though, unfortunately :(

Still.. it's crazy how far the site has come!!

• Liampie%s's Photo

I thought NE2 was horribly confusing.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I'm a huge fan of the current NE, but it does bring back memories. Love that the parkmaker write-ups are still around. Any way to copy those somehow to the current park pages in the description box?

also miss the runners-up walkthroughs. those were always a fun peruse.

• Ling%s's Photo

I do miss the spotlight walk-throughs and in-depth write-ups but I'm just not sure many people would get much out of it. I also feel like the site has outgrown it a little with its shift in tone and style of more recent parks in the past few years.

• Steve%s's Photo

I am forever grateful for what gee, posix, Louis, etc have done for this site in recent years but there's something so magnetic about the old NE. Maybe I'm just nostalgic because I basically grew up with the older sites. I do miss the traditional layout of the old forums :(

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

GUYS, look at this description of me in 2008. I was so cool back then:

"Now landing on the NE3 Radar is FK+Coastermind. This guy really has a lot of skill which was seen when he's bridge entry won him the first PT3 prelim round which earnd him his spot in the finals. Next in the release of the project revolution maps he had what was, imo the best entry with The Waterston Mines. Now he's entering the PT3 and by the looks of his screens he should finish high and if he does there a pretty strong chance he will move up to the big leagues."

what if i had told that Kumba that in 7 years i'd be at about the same place, trololol

• Louis!%s's Photo

If anyone was wondering. The switch back to red with NE5 was in reference to the 'classic' period of NE, NE2. 

I am forever grateful for what gee, posix, Louis, etc have done for this site in recent years

Thankyou Steve, I normally don't get mentioned in things like this because Gee & Posix have done so much more important stuff, but it's really appreciated when someone like you comes and thanks me for all the effort I've put into NE over the years I've been admin :)

• posix%s's Photo

You guys do all the work now. We did it back then.

"Magnetic" is a good word that resonates with how I feel about it, too. "Today's Active Topics" was the first thing I always clicked. Seeing the old site just reminds me of how intense things were for me back then.

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    I was a lurker back in those days but I'll never forget nevis's Atlantis, it was what inspired me to give it a try instead of just being a bystander.
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo

I haven't been to NE in years but something clicked in my memory to check things out. Saw a notification that one of my old parks got revoted on 3 weeks ago (for something, I have no idea what it's about). Then I stumbled upon this thread and saw myself as the moderator for the RCT Survivor. I didn't remember judging those at NE but remember back in the day judging them at RCT Station. I also read somewhere that one of my parks (Magnolia Gardens maybe) was the first ever RCT2 park to download on this site? Crazy stuff.

• Mike Robbins%s's Photo

Oh, and I saw another thread mention Danimation and RCT Station being the pioneers of Rollercoaster Tycoon but does anyone remember Cav's RCT Depot? That was the very first popular fan site before Danimation, RCT Depot and NE.

Edit - I found my old page at RCT Station. This is a partial list of my parks. I think I had over 40 parks total before I stopped playing several years ago:

http://www.rctstatio...ins/index.shtml

• Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

Oh, Mike.  15 years or so I've been reading your posts, and you're still concerned entirely with yourself.  Some things never fucking change, man.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading