H2H7 / H2H7 General Thread

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

]['s draft recap:

ROUND ONE

Safe picks from Kumba and Roomie, and a strong bet from Rob that FK is hungry for H2H glory.
    Liampie with a risky Steve pick.  Trav goes in big on Airtime.  
    Kumba asks about Gee after the first round - trying to get other captains to bite?
    The older names have gone surprisingly fast, considering the caveats most set regarding their availability and how active many are at the moment.
    However, Ling smartly mentions that all picks have been active as of Micro madness2k14.  Much debate on how active gee is and why he isn't picked yet.
    Wouter scolded for using pink text.

ROUND TWO

Captains request a little more time between picks and things do slow down.  manual opens with Cocoa, who enters the room immediately afterwards.  ILLUMINATI?
    Liam takes Fisch early, and Roomie grabs Avanine.  Liam appears to be supremely confused - he thought pac hadn't been picked yet.  Robbie picks Gee to praise from other captains.  
    Trav nabs Stoksy, and Kumba asks for extra time.  Roomie complains about running out of whisky.  Kumba only needs to submit his roun 2 pick, and he responds with "nin."
    Louis - "Cocoa, Fisch, Avanine, Geewhzz, Stoksy and nin gone."

ROUND THREE

kumba bumbles and interrupts Louis' recap to pick shotguns?; some confusion follows and the pick is confirmed.  trav takes loopy; LLLL.  
    Robbie asks for additional time and comes back with a firm BelgianGuy pick.  Brief pause as Louis writes, then an immediate response from Roomie to pick legendarily productive Maverix.
    Liam is still lost, asks for more time.  Somewhere in the Netherlands he is frantically crossing off his planned picks in red pen while on the toilet; he takes Six Frags.
    inthemanual grabs disneylandian to finish round 3.  
    Louis: Shotguns, Loopy, BelgianGuy, Maverix, Six Frags and disneylandian gone

levis posts a nice teamlist recap:

Kumba   [Pacificoaster]  [nin]  [Shotguns]
    Trav    [Airtime]  [Stoksy]  [Loopy]
    Robbie  [FK+Coastermind]  [Geewhzz]  [BelgianGuy]
    Roomie  [5Dave]  [AvanineCommuter]  [Maverix]
    Liampie [Steve]  [Fisch]  [Six Frags]
    Tim     [Louis]  [Cocoa]  [Disneylandian]

ROUND FOUR

A truly stupendous turnout; Liam says there are more here than were at awards chat.  H2H announcement certainly led to a very active week leading up to this.
    More "5Dave is a country" jokes at the expense of other Austrian members.  gdb: "ignore rct make diplomatic marriages"
    Louis quiets the chat and Tim leads off with JimmyLaessig; could be building a strong realism team.
    Liam nabs Ride6!  Roomie takes SSSammy early!  Should be interesting to see how these two picks play out.  Robbie again needs a moment, but returns fairly quickly to pick Wheres_Walto.
    trav takes Jonny93 and Kumba seems lost.  Kumba: "idk, pick"  usually he has these things planned extensively - he ends up going for Coupon, who's signup may or may not have been a joke.
    Coups himself is supsected to be a Robbie joke account.  

walto: my top 5 available: colorado-fan, jjaymforce, sey, pizzawurschy, navalin

ROUND FIVE

Kumba opens quickly with Sey; Trav goes for ][22.  If Airtime changes his mind on building in LL that's a very strong LLineup.
    Rob picks up JJayMForce; Kumba asks if Trav plays LL.  Louis quiets the captain chatter to ask for roomie's pick. "Uhhh  .. In:Cities" is the response.
    Liam isn't responding, then: Liampie: "coasterbilly the sea lobster"
    Manual wraps up the fifth round with DJBrace.  

Kumba and Roomie hosting strong realism rosters.

Kumba   [Pacificoaster]  [nin]  [Shotguns] [coupon] [sey]
    Trav    [Airtime]  [Stoksy]  [Loopy] [Jonny93] [Intamin22]
    Robbie  [FK+Coastermind]  [Geewhzz]  [BelgianGuy] [Where's_Walto] [JJayMForce]
    Roomie  [5Dave]  [AvanineCommuter]  [Maverix] [SSSammy] [In:Cities]
    Liampie [Steve]  [Fisch]  [Six Frags] [Ride6] [coasterbill]
    Tim     [Louis]  [Cocoa]  [Disneylandian] [JimmyLaessig] [DJBrace]

ROUND SIX

Manual needs a second at round opening, picks up Pizza for teamTim.  Liam takes Sulakke; suprised he lasted this long unpicked.
    Roomie steps up and grabs Milo; likely going to try for an LL park with SSSammy.  Roomie's LL strength means he doesn't need many LL players on board to get it done.
    Robbie takes Tolsimir, a good safe pick.  Kumba applauds it; Liam rages, Roomie agrees.  Trav doubles down on his LL picks and sweeps up newcomer PokeCoasterEmpires.
    Kumba goes in on Arjan - "the guy that does objects."

trav appears to be scheming to get a Milo trade; first outbreaks of STEEL in chat as everyone approves of the Tolsimir pick.

ROUND SEVEN

Louis: Captains Readuy?
    Kumba first, and he fails to respond.   
    Louis: KUMBA
    Roomie: MONTU
    Louis says he has been PM'd and we'll wait; eventually we get Kumba's pick: RCT2Day.  Trav kicks his laptop in panic, takes some additional time, and picks Rene.
    Robbie again needs more time, but returns quickly to select Seb.  Austin55 enters and leaves, still unpicked.
    Roomie goes for Turbin3.  Trav had forgotten Turbin3 was signed up.  Liam visits the doctor - DR. DIRT.
    manual picks up Ling confidently; definitely a sleeper pick thus far.  

Toilet break between rounds; speculation on LL matchups.  milol: "trav you know I like it when all the boys fight over me"

ROUND EIGHT

Louis returns from the wet bar; Kumba is sure to be in the right chat this time.  inthemanual hastily snatches Austin55.
    Liampie puts on his thinking cap and puzzles out "fredje." much confusion follows.
    (5:38:01 PM) Roomie: Liam stop making up pople
    (5:38:03 PM) Roomie: people
    (5:38:07 PM) trav_: I think he said Wouter
    (5:38:11 PM) inthemanual: I think he meant FredD
    (5:38:12 PM) Louis: or gdb?
    (5:38:22 PM) Roomie: thats what google translate said

Liam finally confirms that he meant FredD.
    Roomie takes CSW; the LL battle lines are drawn.  Robbie is consistent in asking for more time, and takes Sephiroth amidst Louis being a horrible pink racist.
    Trav picks up gdb, and the crowd goes wild.  (actually louis just says "the jizzmeister.")
    Kumba votes for Colorado-Fan.

ROUND NINE - FINAL ROUND

real business now - gut picks and take-a-wild-chance newcomers.  Lots of encouragement from the admins to stick around for replacement lists and to keep sharing screens.

Kumba swings in for Rofl, a confusing name to have in a chatroom.
    Trav requests some thinking time and picks up Dirk Pitt, the old-timer.  General approval from the captains.
    Robbie predictably asks for a second to ponder, and grabs RWE.
    Louis takes a moment to lock in picks and Roomie needs more time to review the options; he announces he wants Hepta, but hepta had dropped out.  Roomie instead opts for Ottersalad.
    Liam is confused by Louis calling him Lili and belatedly picks Bigshootergrill.  Much discussion amongst captains about how difficult these last picks are.
    manual, with the final pick after a significant delay:  Lightkeeper.

Final teams pending trades:

Kumba - Pac, nin, shotguns, coupon, sey, arjan, rct2day, colorado_fan, rofl

trav - Airtime, Stoksy, Loopy, jonny93, ][22, poke, rene, gdb, dirk pitt

robbie - fk, geewhzz, belgianguy, walto, jjaymforce, tolsimir, seb, sephiroph, RWE

Roomie - 5dave, avanine, maverix, sammy, in:cities, milo, turbin3, csw, ottersalad

Liam - steve, fisch, six frags, ride6, coasterbill, sulakke, dr dirt, fredD, bigshooter

inthemanual - louis, cocoa, disneylandian, jimmylaessig, djbrace, pizzawurst, ling, austin, lightkeeper

• Liampie%s's Photo

Head to Head 7. A new round to the biggest contest in RCT history.

H2H7 Draft Results

The H2H7 Draft Ceremony has just been concluded. The tentative teams are listed below. Mutations may occur this weekend, during the trading period. The final teams, including the team names and logos, along with the match schedule, will be announced next Monday.

Team Kumba
    Kumba ©
    Pacificoaster
    nin
    Shotguns?
    Coupon
    Sey
    Arjan van L
    RCT2Day
    Colorado-Fan
    Rofl

Team Trav
    Trav ©
    Airtime
    Stoksy
    Loopy
    Jonny93
    ][ntamin22
    Poke
    Rene
    gdb
    Dirk Pitt

Team Robbie
    Robbie92 ©
    FK+Coastermind
    Geewhzz
    BelgianGuy
    wheres_walto
    JJMForce
    Tolsimir
    Seb
    Sephiroth
    RWE

Team Roomie
    Roomie ©
    5Dave
    AvanineCommuter
    Maverix
    SSSammy
    In:Cities
    Milo
    Turbin3
    csw
    ottersalad

Team Liampie
    Liampie ©
    Steve
    Fisch
    Six Frags
    Ride6
    Coasterbill
    Sulakke
    dr dirt
    FredD
    bigshootergill

Team inthemanual
    inthemanual ©
    Louis!
    Cocoa
    disneylandian192
    JimmyLaessig
    djbrcace1234
    PizzaWurscht
    Ling
    Austin55
    Lightkeeper

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

full chatlog:

Attached File  2015-02-27.151612-0500EST.html (356.53KB)
    downloads: 141

• Louis!%s's Photo

][ntamin22 you are a legend.

The best post of this year.

• GammaZero%s's Photo
    Shit, missed the draft. Well, the teams are great, and I wish a great contest to everyone.

Now off to make nice screens. :p
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Wow, surprised at that first pick but thanks Liam! Hope I live up to it haha
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Great steal with austin tim. Did not see him going so late!
  • nin%s's Photo

Steve :(

• ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo

Where do I sign up to be a replacement ;) 

• Airtime%s's Photo

Why was Gee not picked 2nd or even 1st? That's what I'm wondering. It's a toss up between who's a better pick Pac or Gee for me.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

^I can only think of availability. He was my shoe-in for top pick as well.

• Airtime%s's Photo
    Seriously hyped for H2H6 now, pleased with Trav's team. Looks good, hopefully a great season a head of us.

Amazing post as well ][ really gave a summary of what I missed, thanks a lot dude.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

^^Secret Captain Collusion ^_^

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

remember when i was a top pick and everyone was surprised, yeah, what a good time

mmmm, vodka.....

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

OHOHOHOHOHOH

FK..... h2h has all been a sham.... This is a massive intervention... Your drinking too much buddy. We are here to help you !!! 

• inthemanual%s's Photo

...says s_F, of all people.

• dr dirt%s's Photo
    The fact that Psi didn't get drafted is disappointing. If memory serves me right, he was one of the most promising players years ago, just never had any releases.

Yeah itm... I'm a highly tuned athletic drinking machine, Have been ever since I popped out the womb. Its in the blood Literally..

We "athletes" have to look out for those of lesser lets call it "ability" jeez.

• Psi%s's Photo

Thanks dr dirt, that's motivation for me to work harder!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading