H2H7 / Player Expectations

• FredD%s's Photo

I don't think it's bad Kumba sets some basic rules. I see it more as a some kind of agreement. 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    True. I think kumba's rules are pretty draconian (those hours, shit), and this is definitely not the right place and time to post them, but its definitely good to have such a team code. And apart from the hours Kumba's rules are definitely reasonable.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    4-8 hours A WEEK guys. Not that many hours a day, that's way too much to ask.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

i'm sure most captains have standards and such and expect and check on their team members to make sure they're progressing on their parks nicely, but to go off about "oooh my play X hours each week!" or not understanding that life sometimes has shit happens where one has to leave for a couple of days without major connections is a bit rough. of course, i'd be able to follow them and more because i'm a fucking nolife, but most people really aren't 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Nevermind then!
  • Louis!%s's Photo

To be fair, 4-8 hours a week is nothing.

Christ back in my H2H5 days I was building 4-8 hours a day easily.

I probably still build 4-8 hours a week now and I hardly build at all.

• Ride6%s's Photo

I actually think his rules are reasonable if you apply some common sense to them.  If something crazy in life comes up how hard is it with smart phones and computers everywhere to hop on the team forums and let everyone know that you're gonna be out for while or have to drop out so they can plan around it.

I've always tended to build in long sitting when I get bursts of inspiration so 4-8 hours a week would probably come in a couple sittings.  So long as I posted the park in-between so my teammates could have it for review or construction (depending on their roles) then it's no big thing.  That's how 4-8 hours from one person turns into 12-24 hours per week on the park total, which over a month or two should get you to the 50+ hours it takes to create a top-flight H2H park.

Wanting people to build, coordinate, and communicate is extremely important.  Managers can't effectively redistribute workloads when needs aren't communicated.  From a captain's perspective that kind of communication is absolutely crucial to a successful team.  Fatha bailed on me for weeks without a word during H2H4 so I put our semifinal park on the backburner until it was nothing more than a graceful forfeit (turning in something). That's the kind of stuff that kills teams just as their getting to the elimination rounds, where the playoff teams are really decided and semi finals (single-elimination).

I actually think the level of support for the team (feedback every few days on other parks, checking in all the time) sounds more strict / restrictive / absurd than the building / coordinating rules for the stuff you're working on. But maybe that's just because I've been on a couple fairly successful teams that weren't extremely active internally like that (particularly the H2H3 Flying Germans).

Ride6

• Louis!%s's Photo

I EXPECT ONE CAPTAIN TO TAKE ON THE TEAM NAME FLYING GERMANS.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Wrong topic again Louis. Again

FOCUS
  • FredD%s's Photo

I EXPECT ONE CAPTAIN TO TAKE ON THE TEAM NAME FLYING GERMANS.

Isn't that pretty lame when there isn't a German captain...  Don't want to be rude but if there's a new captain, I think he should be free to chose his own team name. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

^this isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship, captains will do as told :p

• amblerk%s's Photo

^this isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship, captains will do as told :p

Lol at that.

Rules look harsh at first glance, but reading through again more closely, they're not totally outlandish. One or two are a bit far unrealistic but overall fair enough. As has been said, a contest is a contest at any level. 

• Kumba%s's Photo

I would not expect anyone to write a full park review every few days a park is posted, just give some quick opinions. Basically what people comment on screens is about what I expect every few days, just sometimes off a park DL rather than a screen. That's not as important as the work people put into their own parks tho, but it can be very helpful. Not like I would want someone off the team if they never commented. Nothing wrong with only focusing on what your doing.

This season I will make an effort to be more laid back. Last season I did too much over-thinking.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

if you do half an hour every night, it is 4.5 hours. i work six days, and i feel on average i can wap out an hour a night if i need to. more if necessary. its not so bad.

• robbie92%s's Photo

In all seriousness, my main expectation for my players is to be communicative. If something is bugging you about the leadership of the team, about park progress, about your own work or your teams work, or anything of that nature, please please please communicate and talk to me. I'll be all ears for you guys and make sure that your time on my team is a smooth and enjoyable experience.  You guys push me to be the best player and captain I can be, and I'll push you right back. H2H is a team content and I want my team to succeed and be strong, and communication and understanding is KEY to that experience.

• Ling%s's Photo

I just hope I can find a lot of inspirational content for people. I don't think I will be able to get ideas into the game but I know a lot of cool places to find things that give me really great ideas. I just usually lack the time to try them out.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

I have a secret inspiration well, but only my team gets to know what it is ;)

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

so when draft

• inthemanual%s's Photo

http://www.nedesigns...hread/?p=652602

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading