General Chat / Oreo Lawsuit

• Brent%s's Photo
    Read this at Westcoaster....

Lawsuit seeks to ban sale of Oreos to children in California - San Francisco Chronicle, 5/12/03

Oreo cookies should be banned from sale to children in California, according to a lawsuit filed by a San Francisco attorney who claims that trans fat -- the stuff that makes the chocolate cookies crisp and their filling creamy -- is so dangerous children shouldn't eat it.

• Andrew%s's Photo
    It's there own damn fault if you get fat from Oreo's, it's not like drunk driving wher you risk killing other people while damaging yourself, other people can't get fat from YOU eating Oreo's,

bullshit frankly, time to start my Oreo smuggling racket
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

Lawsuit seeks to ban sale of Oreos to children in California - San Francisco Chronicle, 5/12/03

Oreo cookies should be banned from sale to children in California, according to a lawsuit filed by a San Francisco attorney who claims that trans fat -- the stuff that makes the chocolate cookies crisp and their filling creamy -- is so dangerous children shouldn't eat it.

Amen.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

ONE OREO TOPIC AT A TIME...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Hello.

Don't tell me that... Tell Dirk Pitt.

:yup:
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Why does this bullshit have to happen in my state? Why can't they ban OREOs in Wyoming or something? What would I do without OREOs?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Ed Markey must be really relieved yet.

"Finally, a man crusading for a dumber issue than me!!!"
  • Radu%s's Photo
    Don't worry, it'll be thrown out. I don't see this going any further than the lawsuits against fast food.

But seriously, there ought to be something done about those kids who don't know they have oreo crumbs all over their lips. Where's that lawsuit? ;)
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

Hello.

Don't tell me that... Tell Dirk Pitt.

:yup:

Sorry I did not know u started one!

I did not see this at rct2 forums, I saw it on yahoo news.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Its nothing to worry about. Oreos I think are one of americas oldest cookies. Theyve been around for at least 60 years if this was such a problem they would have changed something. Personnaly I can eat a whole package in a sitting and I dont gain any weight. Oh well its been said before and Ill say it again this isnt going to go very far unless this lawyer is some genious.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    well... he DID successfully sue ITT...

this is what i call sad, and that being said, my favorite quote from Eddy Izzard:

"yes, no smoking in bars in california... and pretty soon, no drinking and no talking"
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    If they try and band Oreos from Virginia, I'll beat someone up...
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Never mind Oreos--dumb lawsuits should be a crime.
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    Hell I say sue oreo for making the damn things, sue the mom for buying them, then the store for selling them, then the truck driver for transporting them. America is becomming a crazy place with all these assholes who think that everything is someone else's fault and nobody can be blammed for their own actions. Kids eat fast food where you can see the vats of grease they cook it all in and end up wondering why they are so damn fat, granted its not thier fault they stuffed themselves on 5 double cheeseburgers with special sauce, an extra large fry, and a super caffinated drink... then sat on the asses all day to let it all the flub sink in. Next thing you know dentists will be sued when a kid decides not to brush his teeth and gets cavities, or maybe car companies for selling the cars that people crash when they have a blood alcohol content of 10%. I see a future in which you can file a lawsuit against someone for sueing you because of the emotional damage it caused. All I can say is this is sad, and better not go anywhere like say Missouri because I like my Oreos thank you very much.
  • Andrew%s's Photo
    some things are accidents, plain and simple, accidents, no ones fault, they were accidents

people these days feel required to go to court over EVERYTHING
  • Physco%s's Photo

Never mind Oreos--dumb lawsuits should be a crime.

I second that
    :bandit:
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    Interesting thought, banned to kids, would that mean getting IDed in order to buy a pack of oreos? Have a we card program for oreos, now thats scary.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo

Interesting thought, banned to kids, would that mean getting IDed in order to buy a pack of oreos? Have a we card program for oreos, now thats scary.

lmao. I can see it now, the Truth campaign leaves the Tabacco industry and starts to harass the Oreo companies.

I laugh at all of you who may not be able to eat Oreos in California! I live in CA, but I can't eat them cause they have sugar.

Unless I take a shot...

TIME TO SHOOT UP WITH INSULIN!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Man. That must suck Freak. Where you born with it? Or did you get it other ways? *sniker
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    It's not cause I'm fat or got an STD. You can't get diabetes from sex, unless you are a product of a diabetic, which is what I am.

I was born with the gene for diabetes, but it lay dormant until a few months ago when it got activated. Usually the gene is activated by sickness. That's probably what happened to me.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading