General Chat / 2 Fast 2 Furious

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    Discuss.
  • Andrew%s's Photo
    Wow, your an idiot, I'm glad we have a psychic at New Element who can tell us which movies are gonna suck and which ones won't, thank you for your great logically thought out reasons for why this movie, which they haven't even finished making or even released more than one trailer of, is going to suck, you must be a genius to deduce its worth already, you have my praise you bloody moron.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    This is one of those free speak piece of shit topics. But no, I dont think that it is going to suck. Its not going to be good but its going to be fun to watch. Looking foward to it a bit.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Two words, one half: Nissan Skyline GT-R

:yup:
  • BchillerR%s's Photo
    The only reason I think the first movie was good was becuase of Vin, but now that they cut him and have someone else in the movie I don't think it's going to be as good as it was before.

BchillerR
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

Two words, one half: Nissan Skyline GT-R

:yup:

Three words: butchered to hell :'(
  • iris%s's Photo
    Alright, get it straight first off. They didn't cut him. He turned down the script. No movie producer in the world would EVER "cut" Vin Diesel, he's one of the biggest stars in the world.

Now that that's out of the way, I'll move onto "2 Fast 2 Furious".
    It's going to be interesting, because they're taking a much different approach. Instead of the suburban-Californian type crowd they were going for in the first movie, it's a much more hip-hop influenced approach. Using several rappers in the movie including Ludacris and Fabolous, and using Tyrese, a well established singer/actor to replace Vin Diesel. Paul Walker will still play the main part in the movie, and he's still a large draw (especially after the first movie), the cars and car scenes will be kick ass, and the name of the movie itself will make this movie tons of money. I'm guarenteeing however, that it's nowhere as good as the first movie. The first movie had an awesome chemistry between the actors, and the actors themselves were better anyway. Vin Diesel became a superstar through this movie with an amazing performance, Jordana Brewster (Mia) was very good (and very hot), and Toretto's whole little group was very good too.

This movie is going to be a lot more about Paul Walker's character then Tyrese's, as opposed to Vin Diesel's character being the headline of the plot in the first.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Here's some pix I got of the Skyline and S2000 from the movie when I went to the Long Beach Grand Prix last month...

Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    I didnt like when the first one tried to be a movie. They need more cars and exposions and stuff.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Jesus, have you seen the commercials? Midnight Club 2 has better CGI graphics than this nonsense.
  • Andrew%s's Photo
    most of its not cgi dude, same as the first one they are using mostly car models and camera manipulation

but I do have to admit MC2's grafx kicked ass

and they sure fucked up that s2000, Jonny Tran's black one looked hella cool, that looks like the barbie-mobile, but that skyline looks iced, and the rx-7 and supra in the commercial look wicked
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    The SFX in the first movie were almost entirely done in camera meaning those cars flying upside down were real and the tracking shots under the cars were done with special camera rigs. (Didn't I mention I was at the Academy's Visual Effects nominating convention for the Oscars in 2002 and the visual effects supervisor told us how he did everything?) Pretty impressive stunt work all around. I don't know what they'll do with the sequel but I think that was a wise decision and I hope they stay loyal to that approach. However, even though I appreciate their special effects mentality, I hated the first movie and I know I'll hate this movie too. Paul Walker is a horrible actor and the way the marketers keep forcing their 'coolness' down my throat just pisses me off. They can take all of their 'need for speed' 'high octane' 'pedal to the metal' bullshit and shove it. But I'm not gonna nock on the movie. I'm sure it'll be harmless fun even if the dialogue will be really bad and the acting worse. Everyone's just going to see the cars anyway right?
  • Vert45%s's Photo

Posted Image

haha its duke's car!

Rotf!
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Heh. Its going to be great just to go and see all the car action. Looks really cool in the preview when that Mustange gets mushed under the semi, sweetness. And BTW its CG fools.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    As long as it has the action the last one did then I am not fussed, I thought the 1st was really good.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    Do we even have to talk about this one?

Its gonna suck. The only reason why I'd see it is for the cars. But not the whole movie is cars. So therefore, I wouldn't see it. Not the same actors, not the same storyline, not the same cars (but better ones, so thats a plus)....they should just stop and think before they make sequels to some movies.

Reloaded being an exception, of course.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

As long as there isn't a general Movie Forum here, Basic Chat is where all movie-related talk goes, though I'd love to move this to Free Speak...
    ;)

As far as 2 Fast 2 Furious goes...
    I thought the first one was just a random movie retreading the fad of the time, but this one is just a useless sequel trying to score some money off of the first one's random success.

I have no doubts that it will make money, but as far as content goes, I am not expecting any Academy Awards from this one.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    In the first one the majority of the stunts were done using real cars. Here the majority of the amazing jumps and whatnot are used using computer animation. Just watch the commercials.

And this shit is insanely unrealistic. Did I mention that?
  • Andrew%s's Photo

Do we even have to talk about this one?

Its gonna suck.

wow another psychic, thank you

frankly sequels usually aren;t good as the origional (exceptions are x2 and terminator 2), but that doesnt mean they suck, I loved the first tFatF in theatres (sucked ass on video) and I bet this one will be the same way, cool sound effects, cool chases, hot chics with very little clothing, just good fun you know, I'll definently see it.
  • G-Rocks%s's Photo
    Whoever think this movie is gonna suck:

It's meant for people who enjoy cars and car stunts. Not an intellectual brainstrain.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading