Ask the Experts / Invisible Entrance huts and Windows 8.1

• G Force%s's Photo

After much effort and attempts with different methods and compatibility settings, I still am unable to correctly make my ride entrance and exits invisible.  Seeing as Windows 8.1 is notorious for screwing up RCT2, I thought I would be a good idea to make a topic for the future. 

So I am currently preforming the following steps in the following order (Xtremes 2013 bench):
    1. Lower Land by 15ft (3 tiles), build tracked ride 2 tiles under the entrances, place full tiled scenery object (such as a base block) below the tracked ride so that it lays on the ground.

2. Preform MOM to raise the land with the tracked ride and scenery object up 125 units.

3. Place support blocker one space below the top of the raised land.

4. Preform MOM again to lower the land 125 units.

~now this is where I believe the issue is~
    5. Use 8cars 1.32 to edit the tracked ride below the entrances.  I have tried both:

a) Set ride to invisible, crooked house track type, main color scheme.

b) Set ride to invisible, main color scheme.

Now, while using the first method (crooked house), the tracked ride does become invisible, however, the entrances do not.  When using the second method, nothing becomes invisible as if no actions were preformed at all.

I have had no issue making rides invisible with the crooked house method, just making entrances invisible.  Simply clicking set rides to invisible and selecting main color scheme does nothing to normal rides.

If anyone could help me or lend any assistance it would be super helpful, as currently it is a huge handicap when creating rides.

• savoytruffle98%s's Photo

I am experiencing the exact same issue; does anybody have a solution?

• Version1%s's Photo

place full tiled scenery object (such as a base block) below the tracked ride so that it lays on the ground.

The tile must delete the support of the track afaik. So not every full tile SO works afaik.

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    That's not true.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Is the full tile object small or large scenery?

I personally always place it ABOVE the dummy track. I don't understand the mechanics of this hack, but if you're desperate I guess it's worth a try.
  • savoytruffle98%s's Photo

I used a base block.

I tried it with the base block above the dummy track; same result

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading