General Chat / Let us have a moment of silence...

• Fatha'%s's Photo
    *Fatha sheds a tear.

SA wins 4-2
  • iris%s's Photo
    Waits for Cork to post.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    He's probably in mourning....

give him time to get over it.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    I sense anger in this thread.
  • Radu%s's Photo
    I'm agry about it.

Only because the Kings didn't get the honor of revenge. :'(
  • G-Rocks%s's Photo

I'm agry about it.

Only because the Kings didn't get the honor of revenge.  :'(

Kings wouldn't have beaten LA without Webber anyway.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    na na na hay hay good bye na na na hay hay good bye

YES! i hate the facking lakers their going fishing YES!
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    The way I see it, this is how you Californians will feel this way for the next, say, 7 years or so. The titles will come to Texas, whether it be Dallas, San Antonio, and in a few years, the rockets will contend. How sweet it is (will be).
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    (Posted concurrently at Danimation, but I don't think I could summarize it better than this.)

Well. It's over. The reigning champions are no more. This year will mark a new NBA champion.

The San Antonio Spurs defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in a seven game series, closing us out in six games in convincing fashion. After seeming building up tons of momentum it their game 5 loss and after staying close into the third quarter, the Lakers let it all fall apart. Or the Spurs turned it on. Whatever the case, we lost.

You might think I'm going to whine. Or complain. Or moan. I'm better than that.

We were beaten by the better team. Plain and simple. No shoddy refereeing. No setups. No cheating screens or whatever. San Antonio wanted it more. They had the talent to make it work. They proved that while Tim Duncan is still THEIR MAN, he's not their only man. Tony Parker came through huge in the fourth quarter to put it out. Over the course of the series, the Spurs, in their wins, received vital contributions from Parker, or Ginobli, or Jackson, or whoever. It might not have always been offensive production, but it was there.

Here's to the Spurs. I hope you win it all, because that way, we can say we were beaten by the best. :D

On a side note, Dallas/Sacramento is going to game 7, and really, I guess I hope Sacramento wins. That way, it's not a Texas-Texas Finals, and the Mavs lose like I said they would. ;)
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Cork, I hope you enjoyed your championship runs, because the Lakers are through, and will NEVER win another championship (Well at least while Yao, Dirk, Steves [Francis and Nash], Finley, Duncan, Parker, Ginoblie, etc.. are still in Texas).

Down with fat boy [Shaq] and Jordan wannabe [Kobe], and also, did I mention that Shaq has more children then the number of shots Horry hit this series (Embarrassing). I loved to see Derek Fisher and Kobe cry (I cried with them too :lol: ), I loved to see Phil Jackson's expression. The crows's silence was priceless during San Antonio's fourth quarter run. Get the feeling I hate LA?

Kumba best said it:
    na na na hay hay good bye na na na hay hay good bye .

P.S, ima love rubbin this in to G-rocks and Cork, especially when Dallas or SA wins the title. :D
  • G-Rocks%s's Photo

P.S, ima love rubbin this in to G-rocks and Cork, especially when Dallas or SA wins the title.

Boo, jeer, ridicule me over the internet, I do not care. Just as long as Sac doesn't win, I'll be okay.

Now that LA is gone, GO PISTONS! I'd also like Dallas to win. Just not Sac. Or Philly. And SA I'm neutral.

I'm not saying the Lakers will be back next year, it really depends on who comes, who comes back, and who leaves. No one knows at this point.

Still, 14 titles, 3 straight, it was gonna end one year, and their half-assed effort in the regular season set them up for this.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I remember the Spurs winning in '99 and I remember Houston winning in '95 and '94. Texas is not short on championships. My team, however, has never won a championship. I've watched them lose again and again. Maybe last year was their chance but it fell just out of reach. This year they've lost their star player and continue to fight on. You can forget about that whole California-Texas rivalry right now because the Lakers winning three championships has absolutely nothing to do with Sacramento. The Lakers are a franchise with a history of winning, Sacramento is a franchise with a history of losing. So if the Spurs or Dallas win the championship that's alright with me, they certainly worked hard for it. However, I'm not going to be lumped into the category of 'California teams' though because I derived no joy from the Lakers three championships and have been waiting and hoping for years and years. Being a Kings fan is like being a Mets fan in the shadow of the Yankees. We're proud of our team and we deserve a championship just as much as you folks in Texas do. Are Kings fans obnoxious? Not any more than any other fans out there. We're just hoping like everyone else that maybe this will be our year. For now at least, hope abides. And hope is a beautiful thing.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    gloating over "whose team won" is just so fraggin rediculous to me...
    did you do anything to help the lakers lose?
    I don't get sports fans, they take pride in OTHERS hard earned accomplishments.

sorry for ranting in your topic of mourning.
  • bokti%s's Photo
    Nicely done, Blitz. Nicely done indeed.
  • Not so Great Brain%s's Photo
    Sports suck.
  • RMM%s's Photo

Sports suck.

So does your mom. (immature but oh well)

Hmmm... watch Cork change his avatar. Yea it's sad and it feels like the Lakers never madse it to the playoffs you know because they don't lose a lot.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    The Kings should have won it this year, but Webber's injury is unfortunate. Because of that, I think their time is up (Vlade is getting old, and he is an important part of the team). They probably can win a championship in the next two years, but it will be hard going through a Texas 2-step in the playoffs (Just like it is during the season). I like Sac and I hope they win one eventually (Crhis Webber needs one after all the shit hes been through), but their time is running short.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    No one will ever touch the Celtics of years past. Not even your super fucking Lakers.

Ha ha.

Cry me a river.

Go Celtics.

Long live hometown bias.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo

I'm agry about it.

We all get a little agry once and a while.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Like Fatha' said, I honestly believed Kings would win the championship this year. They had all the pieces to the puzzle, and it's just really unfortunate what happened. You gotta wonder how long Vlade can keep it up, how long Turkoglu will settle with his measley minutes, how long Bobby Jackson can stand not starting, and contracts in the future for Christie, Peja, etc. I think it will be nearly impossible to keep that championship-worthy squad together. The Mavs have it a bit easier. They have 4 guys they need to keep, anyone else is basically replacable.

I'm hoping Dallas wins it, but if Sacto beats Dallas I'll be rooting for them. Gotta love that run n' gun.
    Regardless of who wins the series, I think Nick Van Exel made a good argument to why he wasn't Sixth Man of the Year, wouldn't you agree? I think he should have won it this year. And he should win it every year he plays off the bench, but I think that people really don't think of Nick Van Exel when you think of "sixth men", because he really is a star on the team. Most people immediately associate role players and back-ups, but NVE is a franchise player.

Anyways, go Mavs (please)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading