• Stoksy
    • RenĂ©
    • rct2isboss
    • olddtfan51
    • ottersalad
    • ][ntamin22
    Percentage of vote: 73.21%
  • turbin3%s's Photo

Six Frags, you serious about the copying?

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

I agree Louis, the bottom line is that both parks are high quality and deserving of a victory

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    That circle platform screen is mine, so if that were copied, it's from my team's own work. A side by side comparison of many of the things people are claiming are copied here would show that they're about as close as the barons' glass pavilions are to the central building in le reve. Not trying to be defensive here, I'm just confused as to how anyone thinks anything on this map is copied.

The glass edging was a happy accident. The team ha been trying to cover up an area that was previously "fake" water made with glass and 1/4 water tiles, by raising water through most of it. The glass walls stayed for whatever reason, and we discovered that they made a good water edging for real water, so we carried the idea on throughout the map.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I had built path compasses in Warner a while ago and pretty sure I copied them from somewhere even earlier.
  • dr dirt%s's Photo

There's only so many things to build / things to build with.. similarities are going to happen.  I mean, is every park ever copied from egghead because they use crown moulding tables?

• Steve%s's Photo

It always amuses me when someone from a team comes forward to say their parks shouldn't be penalized for errors when they think they're "minor mistakes." Your ride didn't work when the park opened for me and I'm too lazy because I have to go out of my way to make it work? Why aren't you the lazy one for sending in a park with a broken ride? I personally do not care but I hate that argument and it makes zero sense to me.

Anyway, I am going to check these out now and will post some thoughts when the voting opens. Great job to both teams for sending in truly wonderful maps. The quality of this season is absolutely jaw dropping.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    It looks like people said what i thought already, with a couple hundred lols thrown in :D
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo

the fact that you don't really have to go out of your way and just close the ride and reopen it makes it kinda lazy, and I mean it's an easy thing to overlook, I'm not defending it I'm just not getting all the fuss about a ride needing to be resetted, it's not like it doesn't function at all...

• dr dirt%s's Photo

It's more of the fact that you shouldn't have to manipulate/correct the park to view it.. Would you include a land spike in your park? because it takes the viewer a few seconds to fix it.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Ivo would
  • Louis!%s's Photo

^lmao

• G Force%s's Photo
    Leaving the ride broken is just like turning in an essay without proofreading it. I guess it kind of depends on the person, but some people care about that and some don't. There is no right or wrong answer.

However, one can not simply ignore all the "minor issues", if we ignore minor issues, then what's the point of a competition. Are we just going to give everyone an A+ and a ribbon for trying? NE should be a criticism based community, it always has been in the past, why all a sudden are we asked to ignore the issues with a park? Doesn't make sense to me.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

wow these parks are great, i'll do a more in depth review later. no doubt some of the best parks yet

• Cocoa%s's Photo

G Force, were not asking anyone to ignore issues, just dont let them solely define the park. Most people dont, but some people are like "trams are glitching well that means the park sucks, im out" when theres a lot more to it than that. Imagine if you struggled to finish a park in your week and everyone else just mentioned the unfinished corner and no one mentioned the beautiful parts, thatd be really shitty.

• robbie92%s's Photo

It's less of a "oh, everyone deserves an A+ and is a special snowflake" and more of a "we get the point, move on and maybe offer commentary on the parts that clearly had A LOT of effort put into them." It's frustrating for the builders of both of these parks to bust their asses to give you guys something good for the competition and then have the commentary derailed by rides that need resetting or path work that's similar to another park. It's a disservice to the guys that work hard to make these parks for you.

There's a line between critique and criticism, and this so far has been toeing the wrong side of that line.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I thought both parks were atrocious and massively disappointing. Will post a long review soon in which I will point out every flaw and proceed to say the parks suck in ten different languages and braille.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo

Cool, Looking good. Gonna check these out

• robbie92%s's Photo

Smoke signals too, Liam.

• dr dirt%s's Photo

I thought both parks were atrocious and massively disappointing. Will post a long review soon in which I will point out every flaw and proceed to say the parks suck in ten different languages and braille.

Good call on the braille, the folks who made these parks deserve to be able to read a review.

• Austin55%s's Photo

<3

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading