RCT Discussion / LL vs RCT2 debate

Select the answer that applies to you most

Select the answer that applies to you most

Which game do you like most?

• Sephiroth%s's Photo
    Haha you guys are funny. :p As someone who started with the original in 99 and never really stopped, I can say that I've had goals and dreams since early on that I could only truely achieve in rct2. I wanted to recreate my homepark, as well as many other parks and rides to a degree of accuracy in the finer details that ll simply can't get as close to as 2. Namely custom supports and a larger selection of track pieces are what 2 has over ll in that category. Things like chain returns, drive motors, catwalks, FAA warning lights, railings, and other bits are far more accurate in 2 than ll imo. Also infrastructure such as roadways, bridges, trusswork, skyscrapers, and other things can be more clearly articulated in 2 imo. Haha that's the jist. I'm typing on my phone and the lag is getting unreal lol.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

yeah rct2 is undoubtedly better at recreations. I find realism in LL sort of ugly tbh

• Liampie%s's Photo

yeah rct2 is undoubtedly better at recreations. I find realism in LL sort of ugly tbh

I agree, though pierrot and Airtime pulled it off with their designs. First ones to do so, in my opinion.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Yeah actually, those were pretty solid.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

I think the main reason why LL recreations are harder to make interesting is because you can't go into extreme detail in LL and have to rely on things like atmosphere. I do agree though that it's easier in LL to get a good atmosphere going, probably because of how simple LL comes across

• Xeccah%s's Photo

I'll disagree with that, gdb. LL atmosphere is far harder to achieve IMO. It takes a way different mindset than RCT2 and its atmospheres.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading