B&M style Dive Machine

-Cyleal

-Meizhou

Intamin style Launched 

-Pridelands

-Bermuda

-Fransokyo

-Teno

-World's Fair (what was gigavolt tho lol)

Reverse Freefall

-Teno

Wooden

-Carreira

S&S El Loco

-Circus Circus

Eurofighter Style

-World's Fair

Arrow style Hyper

-Circus Circus

Arrow Swinger

-Carrerieriiirearira

-Meizhou

Mine Train

-Pridelands

-Meizhou (this one also reversed and iverted idk what it is)

Arrow style Looper

-Circus Circus

-Babylon

what is LL lol

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Actually thats not a bad range considering how many of those sort are statistically likely in real life. And considering what tends to look good in rct.
  • Version1%s's Photo

Don't think Gigavolt was based in reality

• Fisch%s's Photo

water coaster in carreira

• Mr.Brightside711%s's Photo

Update it!

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Makes more sense after all 3 parks :p

• Austin55%s's Photo

I've updated it anyway lol. 

+B&M Diver, +Arrow Swinger, +Mine Train, +Arrow Looper

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

Love how you've got all these different categories and then just "Wooden"

• Austin55%s's Photo

To be fair there has only been one, I'd call it a GCI. If/when more come along they will be added as such. 

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

To be fair there has only been one, I'd call it a GCI. If/when more come along they will be added as such. 

It doesn't seem likely that the GCI company would exist in the world of Heaven's Atlas. 

• inthemanual%s's Photo

I mean, the park is set in the 1500's, isn't it?

• Austin55%s's Photo

I think it's interesting how coaster styles often transcend lines of fantasy and realism, perhaps because all the coaster styles available in RCT are based on real ride types. Even in fantasy parks such as Mizhou, the Dive Machine still followed most of the conventions that a real life B&M dive machine would. The swinger as well, and even the reversing, launched, inverting mine train is still a completely plausible style of coaster. 

Carrieirieiriirae's invert was also standard B&M fare, the woody was fairly obviously GCI inspired.

World's fair had what was clearly a Eurofighter, but gigavolt was less obvious. 

I think it's interesting how coaster styles often transcend lines of fantasy and realism, perhaps because all the coaster styles available in RCT are based on real ride types. Even in fantasy parks such as Mizhou, the Dive Machine still followed most of the conventions that a real life B&M dive machine would. The swinger as well, and even the reversing, launched, inverting mine train is still a completely plausible style of coaster. 

Carrieirieiriirae's invert was also standard B&M fare, the woody was fairly obviously GCI inspired.

World's fair had what was clearly a Eurofighter, but gigavolt was less obvious. 

That was actually one of my critiques of Meizhou's dive machine - why bother, when your park is a fantasy creation set in a time and place far far away, with a conventional realistic layout based on B&M's string of similar dive machines around the world? Would you put a Batman invert in Meizhou? No? Then why a typical dive machine copy?

IMO fantasy parks' rides should reflect the theme and circumstance and forward the narrative of the park. The dive machine took me right out of the Meizhou theme and detracted from the park because it resembled so much like a typical realistic ride. The best fantasy rides IMO don't really follow any conventions, rather they are flowing and beautiful just as a centerpiece of a park as they tell whatever story they mean to tell. The hacked coaster in Meizhou did that, as did Yuji.

For example, the wolf ride in Monstrocity was awesome, as was IMO Raincatcher in Le Reve, and the flyer + invisible coaster in Avatar, as well as the woodie in Love Token, as well as most of the rides in City of Dreams, and Swoon as a design, etc. 

• Austin55%s's Photo

I feel like both of these parks have a bit of that going on. Meizhou was more fantasy but Babylon I'm not sure about, its pretty heavily themed, but the arrow that is in it is clearly meant to be realistic, hell it even says so in the name and even has transfer track areas. 

I feel like both of these parks have a bit of that going on. Meizhou was more fantasy but Babylon I'm not sure about, its pretty heavily themed, but the arrow that is in it is clearly meant to be realistic, hell it even says so in the name and even has transfer track areas. 

Right, I really liked Ishtar because it did feel realistic. I think the park was meant to be semi-realism like RoB, but it didn't really come across as strongly as I thought it could have. Meizhou is very obviously fantasy yet they included a very realistic-styled dive machine. o.o

• Austin55%s's Photo

I imagine this issue will come up many more times due to h2h's size, people push that semi realism boundary hard. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

Because realistic coasters are easier to get to flow correctly. Fantasy coasters are difficult to get to flow because there are no boundaries and people go crazy. Flow is more important than whether something is fantasy or realistic.

Because realistic coasters are easier to get to flow correctly. Fantasy coasters are difficult to get to flow because there are no boundaries and people go crazy. Flow is more important than whether something is fantasy or realistic.

I agree flow is the most important thing. Fantasy coasters can easily have great flow, there are plenty of good examples out there.

Also, something that does bug me is how once a new coaster type is innovated in the industry, it is then copied over and over in RCT. Prime example is Cheetah Hunt. Imagine for a second, if someone made a Cheetah Hunt styled coaster before Cheetah Hunt was a thing. I bet you that the whole RCT community would have criticized it for the weird twisty, slow element after the launch, it being unrealistic, lacking flow, etc. Because it is. But now that it actually exists, there are copies and copies everywhere with that exact same bizarre element.

While it really isn't a HUGE deal, it does say something about the lack of creativity in making new, original layouts. I dislike the idea that, given our creative medium, we are limited by real-life examples of coasters before we can deem a layout worthy, especially in a fantasy / non-realistic setting. I wish we could break free from that constraint and still maintain good flow, good composition, and good aesthetics with a coaster layout while telling a story / selling a theme.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I don't see why some people insist on tagging coasters with manufacturers. It doesn't make sense. In RCT, sometimes a wooden coaster is just a wooden coaster.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

I'd only tag a manufacturer if there was a clear manufacturer that i was aiming for.

And AC, you are correct, but there are those coasters out there that at the time, weren't realistic, but now are retroactively realistic.

The dive machine in the H2H park House Party for example. Massive immelmann before B&M started doing them. There are a few more examples like that out there that I'm convinced coaster manufacturers look to us to create new unique rides for them to do :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading