• BelgianGuy
    • Mr.Brightside711
    • RCT2day
    • Sey
    • Disney Imagineer
    • FK+Coastermind
    Percentage of vote: 42.11%
  • PRMEshockzzNE%s's Photo
    I like turbin's way so here I go. But before I do I would like to congratulate each team for producing two amazing parks. By far this is my favorite round in h2h7, therefore being the hardest vote on.

Hanging Gardens
    -The gardens are just outstanding the landscaping and foliage is amazing
    -The Babylon falls ride is very pleasing. It fits in well and makes the atmosphere a lot better
    -The Journey of Gilgamesh is an outstanding idea and I think you guys really pulled it off
    -The architecture was very nice and appealing but it seems to be very glitchy. I don't know if it's me or what?!
    -The enterence section (city) is put together well and looks good but it gives me a Turkish/Persian vibe not necessarily Babylonian.
    -The coaster looks good and flows well with the landscape but the second lift hill makes it less exciting in my opinion.
    - The tower and the backstage section below it are nice touches and add a lot to the park
    Overall great park really enjoyed it, 75%

Meizhou Rising
    -The architecture is stunning and just looks wonderful
    -The green towers connected by the bridge is awesome
    - A pink B&M!!! The layout is awesome though only thing is that second holding brake is unnecessary.
    -The boat ride is very nice and is a good touch
    -That bridge next to the suspended coaster is just too awesome great job on that, looks amazing
    -The launched coaster is great I love the switch tracks and just the overall layout is amazing
    -The swinging coaster is nice and the interaction with the landscape and the buildings is fun to watch
    -After seeing the sea serpent I had to blink to see if I was seeing it correctly. Turns out I saw it right. Great idea!
    -Not many bad things in this park but there are a few that I seem to notice
    1. The buildings are so tall and there are so many that it is hard to see what is going on
    2. Puke. A minor problem but noticeable (And I made sure it was there when I first downloaded)
    3. Some building looks like Lijiang which I studied today, but to me that's not a huge issue just a minor con
    Amazing park I absolutely love it! 80%

This is my first real overview of a park so there are some things that are probably false or not important, if so please ignore that statement. This match was amazing. Both parks were great and once again congrats to each team for a job well done!!!
  • Louis!%s's Photo

POLL IS NOW LIVE AND WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR ROUGHLY 72 HOURS.

If you cannot vote, please use the 'null vote' option underneath the poll which will enable you to view the results like everyone else.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

I have rather embarrassingly clicked the wrong option.   Can somebody change my vote to null?

• Louis!%s's Photo

We'll discount it when it comes to it, don't worry :)

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Not to slight the Italian Stallions too much, but I'm honestly very surprised with the current score. 

• Wanted%s's Photo

Meizhou Rising is the clear winner for me. Vote manlab today!

• Austin55%s's Photo

Wanted - I'm loving your comments lol. 

james_mays_man_lab_s3_lrg.jpg

BTW-Ling- you realize you can't vote for us right? lol. Wish you could </3

• Ling%s's Photo

Why not? All my contributions were removed, I didn't influence anything (well, apart from setting the water level?), and I was only part of the team for like two weeks. If that's an admin ruling I'll understand but I've been voting in all of the matchups as though I had never been on a team.

• csw%s's Photo

Stallions - I love the gardens, they're very well-executed. I like the arrow as well, but it doesn't quite seem to fit. Architecture leaves a bit to be desired. Also, I've heard there is custom water too, which is pretty neat. ;)

Laborers - Yet another great park from the surprise team of H2H7. Landscaping is top-notch and the architecture is pretty nice too. Only problem is it gets a bit repetitive, but there are enough details to overcome that. The cliff area around the vekoma suspended might be enough to get my vote alone. 

This is a tight one for me. thinking about a null vote because both are very well done and cool. 

Edit: nope. ManLab for me. 

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Yeah, ling, all votes from members dropped from either team in a matchup are not counted. This is both to prevent people from voting positively on matchups that they know more about And to prevent votes against the team based on spite. I personally don't think you'd be doing either, but it's a broad ruling made to prevent others who might.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

what a nail-biter!

• Steve%s's Photo

I really hope that no one is thinking this seriously, seeing as that was released 12 years ago...

I like the reviews so far though guys, some nice in depth ones.

yeah okay let me just dismiss the best RCT2 park ever made. Really? Wrong argument to choose, man. It might be 12 years but that park will always be relevant. If you opened the Stallions park and didn't think/remember RoB, then I have a few questions for you...
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

^I did actually think of RoB when I saw the blue gate, but thats a litle unfair because they're both based on the same source material :p

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Steve, I'm not sure where you're coming from here with the #NEVERFORGET stuff.

We should never consider a common RCT theme verboten because somebody did it well in an area of a park, and there's always new perspectives and different approaches to the same source material.  Nobody knocked Loopy or Liam for using blue gates in Silver Valley or Escapist Experience, for example- and those were both outside the context of H2H where we're really just voting park vs. park inclusive to this round.

• Steve%s's Photo
    I understand it's not forbidden. I guess what I'm trying to say is, to me, building a park with the name "Babylon" is risky. Stallions have a great park, let me just say that much, but you're citing examples of parks with that theme within them. This IS the theme. I'm not trying to penalize the park for this reason, but in a contest like this it's hard not to draw comparisons and mentioning them.

And Cocoa, you're right about the blue gate thing, fair enough. But both parks also had a water ride in the gardens and Arrow coaster in the entrance. Not complaining, just observing. It makes me wonder though how a team can build this and not consciously think these things. Could be a sign I'm being dramatic perhaps, but whatever. This is a contest made for drama. :p

I understand it's not forbidden. I guess what I'm trying to say is, to me, building a park with the name "Babylon" is risky. Stallions have a great park, let me just say that much, but you're citing examples of parks with that theme within them. This IS the theme. I'm not trying to penalize the park for this reason, but in a contest like this it's hard not to draw comparisons and mentioning them.

And Cocoa, you're right about the blue gate thing, fair enough. But both parks also had a water ride in the gardens and Arrow coaster in the entrance. Not complaining, just observing. It makes me wonder though how a team can build this and not consciously think these things. Could be a sign I'm being dramatic perhaps, but whatever. This is a contest made for drama. :p

I agree with you Steve. That's perhaps why I didn't enjoy this park as much as others have - I think the Babylon theme, as an unoriginal theme that has been done to perfection, needed to be taken to another level and this just wasn't awe-inspiring in the same way, leaving me with a "meh" taste in my mouth afterwards. The similarities with having an arrow looper and log flume as well for the main ride choices only echo RoB even stronger. In contrast, Meizhou took the done-to-death asian theme and took it to another level with a unique concept and top notch execution. The resemblance to Lijiang was again detrimental to Meizhou but I think it transcended it because of its unique backstory. It brought something new rather than rehash old ideas.

While the park is solid and has some very nice moments, it didn't push the envelope for me and only brought back memories of RoB.
  • FredD%s's Photo

After browsing the parks again a bit, I think I'll go for Meizhou Rising. Sorry Stallions, hardest choice so far but there can only be one...

• Stoksy%s's Photo

You say "unoriginal" theme but other than RoB there's only one other released park/design [at least to my knowledge] that's attempted it...and that was released before RoB. Should we then say that RoB copied that and therefore isn't as good? RoB is dated, and I think that's the point that trav is making; where the similarities [valid as they may be] are based on a park that other than the 'babylon' namesake looks nothing like this park. Also worth noting that the arrow and flume are contextually different to RoB, but I can't argue that the ride-types are the same and therefore could draw comparisons.

It might be Steve, that the arrow and flume make sense here though. The arrow looper as a more traditional/classic coaster type fits better than say a more modern coaster type. Also, consider the hanging gardens; overgrown foliage, waterfalls, multiple stories, marble arches - a water ride traversing those areas makes a lot of sense surely? I might also mention that RoB barely executed the hanging gardens; I guess it's supposed to be by the rapids but the only indication is the amount of foliage rather than architecture. Each to their own I guess.

I don't know, I just get the feeling that the 'babylon' name has become a little too taboo because of RoB; but whatever. #h2hdrama indeed haha :p

You say "unoriginal" theme but other than RoB there's only one other released park/design [at least to my knowledge] that's attempted it...and that was released before RoB. Should we then say that RoB copied that and therefore isn't as good? RoB is dated, and I think that's the point that trav is making; where the similarities [valid as they may be] are based on a park that other than the 'babylon' namesake looks nothing like this park. Also worth noting that the arrow and flume are contextually different to RoB, but I can't argue that the ride-types are the same and therefore could draw comparisons.

It might be Steve, that the arrow and flume make sense here though. The arrow looper as a more traditional/classic coaster type fits better than say a more modern coaster type. Also, consider the hanging gardens; overgrown foliage, waterfalls, multiple stories, marble arches - a water ride traversing those areas makes a lot of sense surely? I might also mention that RoB barely executed the hanging gardens; I guess it's supposed to be by the rapids but the only indication is the amount of foliage rather than architecture. Each to their own I guess.

I don't know, I just get the feeling that the 'babylon' name has become a little too taboo because of RoB; but whatever. #h2hdrama indeed haha :p

I think you're right, the babylon name has acquired a certain sense of "untouchability" because of RoB's legendary status, as unfortunate as that may be. I think because RoB has pulled off that theme to almost perfection, any follow up on this very specific and historic theme either needs to bring something new to the table or end up on the chopping block of competing with a legendary park. But fortunately this park is strong enough not to be completely written off, even by us naysayers. :p

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Steve isn't saying the park copies RoB. He's saying that it was done so well that it's almost risky to do it again.

Much like DAW is done so well that it would be risky for someone to do it again.

I don't agree with his point fully but I totally understand where he is coming from.

But my next plan just to annoy Steve? Build a #haveyouseenbabylon LL park :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading