• Da_Cool
    • Stoksy
    • Xtreme97
    • Chrixz
    • djbrcace1234
    • FK+Coastermind
    Percentage of vote: 63.64%
  • G Force%s's Photo

Tim you forgot the period after the vs in the thread title.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

No I haven't. 

• G Force%s's Photo

Slick, slick I must say.

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Just had a quick look at both of the parks before I can look in depth at them.

Rat Pack;

Really cool concept and nice execution. Didn't really understand why this had to be german, though. I could have missed something though.

Hurricanes;

Holy wow I loved that castle on the island. Some solid stuff in here.

• Tolsimir%s's Photo
    Is that käpt'n blaubär in the rat pack's screen??
  • Turtle%s's Photo

lotte world is amazing. beautiful. wondrous. words to that effect. 

• turbin3%s's Photo

Yes it is, Tolsimir :p

• Stoksy%s's Photo

lotte world is amazing. beautiful. wondrous. words to that effect. 

Park so good it brought Turtle back to the forums...impressive.

I did love Lotte World, my one gripe was the fact that it looked so much like an island; and not the realistic-theme park type island that the real-life counterpart looks like. It just felt very 'lush island' rather than island theme park...maybe that's what you were going for though(?) More colours as has been suggested, and I think that a clearer 'this is a man-made lake the park is in' would have helped in my opinion. Great to see an aquatrax!

The Rat Pack can certainly be proud; the screen does not do the park justice. I totally agree with Fisch; this park was truly made with love! I don't know how, but I just fell in love with the park. Although I think that's quite synonymous with the builder who I think was involved on this park.

• Fisch%s's Photo

I will say (not to slate the Robber Barons, who had a fantastic park themselves) but not only does Lotte World look like Tripsdrill in parts, the village also shows what the typical small town in Germany actually looks like. It's really not the stereotypical Bavarian yodeling village with only framework archy that American tourists envision.

The village is actually very true to the German village theme. Especially those protests against stuff like parks this close to the city, and all the staff naming was very clever...also realistic! Although I'm missing old people hating on noisy kids.

Another thing is, I'm in love with the fact that you included basically all the main legendary kids shows and characters etc...

Captain Blaubär

Hein Blöd

Bibi Blocksberg

Benjamin Blümchen

the list goes on...

Great job.

• MCI%s's Photo

That will be a hard decision to make, once voting is open... Kapitän Blaubär vs. Trippsdrill-Castle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNjarFgtHIw

Review-count +1 ;)

• Cocoa%s's Photo

anyway I promised some full reviews so here they are:

The Park and the Village (name reminds me of that average alpha legends park, lol)

Firstly, I do like the concept. Not really sure where to start. The park is fine, I guess. There's some solid details scattered around, like the working climbing wall, flume ride stuff. I like the haunted house ride. I like the Pax style sort of intense family coaster. Some good bits here and there. But overall it didn't really come together IMO. architecture was really inconsistent and awkward, themes were confusing, lots of bad open/blank space, poor object choices...unfortunately for you, this round already has a way better german family park, and way better execution of of the rides in this park. IDK, it just really didn't impress me at all. I'm usually quite good at reviews but I'm at a loss of words here for some reason. I guess it was quite unrefined, a bit lacking in skill or finished-ness, and certainly didn't come together quite right. sorry guys. I give it 60 or so I guess.

Lotte World

Damn I just don't know what to think here! There's certainly some gaps between macro and micro on this park. on the individual level, everything is stellar. Love the foliage, landscaping, architecture, custom rides, really super all around. Great detailing, unique ideas, etc. The aquatrax is literally perfect, as is the castle and dome building.

Like I said before though, fuck you guys and your shit color choices :p. I spent a couple minutes adding color and the park was like a million times better, I'm not joking. Changed some of the bright blue rooves in new fantasyland to orange and red, same with the wild mouse coaster buildings. It made a world of difference (why are the rooves brown when the landscaping and base color is brown?? and white does nothing to alleviate the muck, everyone knows that). I Made the carousel red and yellow and orange. Man did that help. Made the indian area base colors the middle brown. Damn, now there's such atmosphere! It kills me that you guys were so close to getting it right! As it is, its overwhelming dull brown and bright blue, and all the water doesn't help. Everything, all the amazing buildings, details, and distinct themes mesh together into this sort of nothing of a vaguely tomorrowland/epcot-atmosphere park and the whole thing loses its identity. Stupid! Could have been park of the season, so close, so not there though. Don't get me wrong, the park is good. Great, even. Yeah, its definitely great. The best? nah. maybe not even the best of the round... I'm not sure yet. Let this be the day you learn from cocoa- warm colors make a warm park. *tosses mike and walks off stage*

• Roomie%s's Photo

I like the Pax style sort of intense family coaster. 

I know you don't get many coasters in Oz but Pax quit making rides about 5 years ago :p

These Zierer coasters have been popping up all over the place though and they're awesome. 

3ga5gcag00001ckvhko400.jpg

Not that it will affect your review. It activates my coaster OCD when people get coasters wrong :p

• FredD%s's Photo

The village and the park

I'm afraid I'm not the biggest fan of the park. It starts with the story: all good but in the end it's such a classic story I've seen thousands of times in the past. The old entrance and protest was fun but didn't grap any enthusiasm over here. Than, the park. It's very little and not much to see in my opinion. I didn't like the coasters at all and the colors of the Schwarzkopf were terrible... The climbing rock was a clever hack I have to say and the butterfly coaster was pretty cute. The archy is a bit too small scaled for my likings, a bit too less detailed too. Those German kid shows figures will be pretty fun and nostalgic for the Germans over here, but I never heard of them before so it doesn't do anything for me. I'm sorry Rat pack but this is not my thing.

Lotte World

Don't know if this is meant as a recreation or just heavily based... Compared with the picture posted in this topic it seems like it could be recreated very well. The technical execution is very good. Great archy. The atmosphere is good but not on the same level. I'm confused by those 2 Asian-styled buildings. They seem way out of place. The themes aren't very clear in some spots. Funny how you guys managed to do the Gerstlauer wild mouse and log flume bobsled, so Tripsdrill while Erlebnispark Raubritter maybe just missed that combination. Those rides were nice, nice combination. Loved the aquatrax. Foliage and landscaping was just ok. I think you've overused the 1K ruins on the aquatrax and a bit too much of the LOTR rocks on the flume/wild mouse. 

My vote goes to Lotte World.

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    I think we all know who built both parks - their styles are so distinctive. I'll give my full review tonight.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Anyone getting an invalid data error with The Village and the Park, or Calico Canyon perhaps? If you did and you solved it, care to explain how? I don't know.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

As I go review of The Village and The park. 

First up, great pdf! Hilarious stuff in there, sets the tone well. Seems like an odd thing to base an h2h park around, but we'll see how it goes. 

Again, straight opening from the highest view leaves me feeling a bit lost so I zoomed in right to what looked like the entrance. Right away the builder is obvious, lol. The forms and details of the main street buildings are'nt quite up to levels with some other recent parks, but they are plenty good.  

Machenboltz is well done, the station and queue are great, love how the queue passes by that waterfall. Fun little layout, I like the green painted track at the top lol. 

Cute little carousel plaza and ghost train there, the same architecture comment as above carries through the whole park at this point, its a bit "simple" but overall it works just fine and is a lot of fun. Love the detail here of the closed entrance. 

Playground with a working swingset! That is some cool stuff right there. And the butterfly coaster with butterfly entrance! So fun. Really loved these bits. 

The skyscraper area now, love the trick to make the buildings look taller than they are. The animals on the safari ride are loads of fun, neat waterslides to. 

The Zierer area is my favorite to come across yet. It's got some more interesting things, the elevation, the interaction of the ride going under and above the path and the flatride. The tan colors are also the most appealing yet, and the rockwall/zipline is fun. The coaster is the best bit though, not sure this is a type we've seen in RCT yet but they look like a lot of fun! A perfect fit for a cash strapped little backyard park like this. 

Ropes course. You guys had the misfortune of having two god ones go 24 hours ahead of yours, but this one holds a cadle to both of them, its quite good. It's a shame you didnt have a rafting ride going down the middle of the creek through the park!

Log flume area is amazing because you've shown the world boats don't have to be in water. They can be anywhere! Love how the flume goes through the rockwork on the drop, and the pathing over all the river is cool, feels very much like a real dock. Do wish that I could see into the dark rides sections better (monorail deleting gives me an error trapper)

So overall very fun park, its obvious its just a little family owned type of affair and is a lot of fun, some good details throughout. Sells itself well. 

Ofcourse there's still more to the overall map, so I go and look outside. Some fun things right away, Mr. Atpacks car, turbin's bike. 

The campground is a lot of fun to, the little cave is quite, shotguns in the hunting blind lol. Those cars are terrible though lol, would have better to just used the in game ones. I love pacs house! Its so quaint. And nin leading the protest. Some fun things here that tie back to the readme. Although it makes me kinda mad cause I hate NIMBYs lol. 

Overall, super fun park, really enjoyable! I'm not sure it will be able to pull of a defeat over Lotte sadly, but It's still been fun to look at and I can't wait to see whats next. 

• Austin55%s's Photo

This round summarized as cars, 

Rat Pack

tumblr_lpp45fInoz1qzst2jo1_500.jpg

Canes

audi-a7-2015-vs-2016.jpg

• G Force%s's Photo

The Village and The Park

Lots of cool/cute little things in here, the German again makes it hard to talk bout rides specifically but I'll try my best.  Kind of odd mix between a fantasy/theme and realistic park here.  Neither style really stood out, which kind of hurt the park in my opinion.  Maybe focusing more on theme or realism would have helped make the park more interesting.  The rides were great, the scale was perfect for the size of the park.  The log flume area was probably the best, the ship station was well done, as was the theming.  The architecture was good and bad, the entrance area was a strong point, as was the ghost train, which was very well done.  The village was ok, kind of wish it didn't take so much space away from the park, maybe the road could have been trimmed back near the new entrance and allowed for a new themed area.  The color of the architecture definitely made this more memorable, cant really comment on the realism of that however as I know very little about European Theme parks outside of the UK.  The little rides and hacks were quite nice, good to see some variety in attractions as well.  To bad the other parks of this round featured so many hacked/unconventional rides as their effect/uniqueness is diluted.  Overall a nice park, kind of expected a little more though.  Not to say the park was bad at all, just that it didn't really "wow" me or impress me like some of the other parks this round have.  

Nevertheless, congrats to all the builders of the Rat Pack for producing a good park.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    POLL IS NOW LIVE AND WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR ROUGHLY 72 HOURS.

If you cannot vote, please use the 'null vote' option underneath the poll which will enable you to view the results like everyone else.

edit: I agree with Avanine in the comment below. G Force, you're so fucking weird sometimes.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

The Village and The Park

Lots of cool/cute little things in here, the German again makes it hard to talk bout rides specifically but I'll try my best.  Kind of odd mix between a fantasy/theme and realistic park here.  Neither style really stood out, which kind of hurt the park in my opinion.  Maybe focusing more on theme or realism would have helped make the park more interesting.  The rides were great, the scale was perfect for the size of the park.  The log flume area was probably the best, the ship station was well done, as was the theming.  The architecture was good and bad, the entrance area was a strong point, as was the ghost train, which was very well done.  The village was ok, kind of wish it didn't take so much space away from the park, maybe the road could have been trimmed back near the new entrance and allowed for a new themed area.  The color of the architecture definitely made this more memorable, cant really comment on the realism of that however as I know very little about European Theme parks outside of the UK.  The little rides and hacks were quite nice, good to see some variety in attractions as well.  To bad the other parks of this round featured so many hacked/unconventional rides as their effect/uniqueness is diluted.  Overall a nice park, kind of expected a little more though.  Not to say the park was bad at all, just that it didn't really "wow" me or impress me like some of the other parks this round have.  

Nevertheless, congrats to all the builders of the Rat Pack for producing a good park.

How could ANYONE confused our park for a fantasy park... is beyond me. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading