• RCT2day
    • Ling
    • rcwhiz11
    • thirteen
    Percentage of vote: 28.89%
  • 5dave%s's Photo

Archelaus
    Concept:
    The concept of a lost island at the edge of the world is really nice. I would have liked it more if just one side of the park would consist of the edge, with the water flowing from the other side. But then again I think you wanted to go more of a floating island theme anyways, at least that's what I'm reading out of the readme. Also funny you've chosen crystals as a magic source as well.
    Macro (Park Impression):
    The park looks kinda strange from above and somehow reminded me of Dinotopia both in terms of color and overal appeal. Also for the concept I think it would have been better to include more water, because I don't really now what the snow texture represents. The whole park feels kinda awkward but I can't really put my finger on the reason for that. Maybe it feels kinda flat in total with the elevation changes being relatively similiar throughout the park, or the fact that it's really hard to see the concept of the readme on the map. Normal ships and guests should enter the map on the water side and floating ships, the edge and nothingness should be on the other side, but here it isn't.
    Rides:
    Cutlass as well as Spectre seemed to be broken down upon opening (always renew rides before releasing a park!). Spectre did run first and it was an ok ride, but the parts flying over the snowscape were kinda boring - would have loved to see more crystal action there, or some interaction with, well anything. The ride was too fast in parts, but I really liked those vertical parts with the landscape. After closing and reopening Cutlass (boring name btw) it did run and I liked it, especially the coaster being held by flying crystals and the interaction with landscapes, ships and the path. One could argue about the layout being relatively realistic which isn't necessary in a park like this, but I didn't bother. What bothered me more were the ratings of the ride, the fact it was broken down most of the time and the crappy BBS (ugh!). Also it felt kinda inconsistent to have normal supports in one part and flying crystal supports on the other. Da Gama also didn't do much for me, couldn't figure out what it was all about flying around and then again not.
    Architecture:
    Architecture was the strong point here, with my favs being the row of houses around 'Cookie Shop 1' and 'Fruity Ice Stall 1'. The other stuff felt kinda too 2x2 and samey to me. If this was a thriving, lively port/harbor - where were the piers, the storage houses, the cranes, the merchant's houses, the markets? So much potential that wasn't used IMO.
    Micro (Details):
    There were some really nice details to explore in the park. I really loved all the ships and the lifeboat escape. IMO the park had a good concept but the execution lacked. I was kinda dissapointed to see no path details throughout the park whatsoever making it look unfinished and sterile in some parts. I must say I was hoping for more from you FK, as you seemed to have gotten so much better recently but the park overall felt strange and sloppy without the grandeur it should have had and it was pretty clear you made the park upon opening. Also not naming stuff properly hurt the park and made it appear even more unfinished, I wonder what it may have looked without the extension?

Arcanis Mineralis
    Concept:
    I think the concept of a two-class society with miners living under the oppression of the nobility/educated/gifted class is a good idea with the crystals giving the whole thing a reason and identity. But overall I think the 2-class society wasn't too clear in the park. The park feels unique without doing so much different, but I think again the inclusion of crystals and unique structures and how they are done makes this park really special.
    Macro (Park Impression):
    The park is really overwhelming upon opening with its sprawling layout, its massive height elevations and building structures in between. While it has a dark tone overall, the crystals and the golden buildings give the park nice blops of color. But in general it was really hard to focus in the park and I think a more 'ordered' layout would have helped - clearer differentiation of the landscape levels, more room to breathe and more clean structure (also adding an entrance) would have been great.
    Rides:
    Both coasters were fine, although I think more attention to the ratings would have been good as you seemed to struggle with those in the end. I loved the crystals at Flight of Fancy and the lifthill inside the palace, really nice touches! Both coasters were kinda tucked into the corner and didn't have much storytelling or ride interaction going on which was a bit of a shame I think. The flat rides were boring most of the time and could have used more identity/unique ideas. The grinders and the soak pods were exceptions but still could have used some more pep. ;)
    Architecture:
    The buildings were really amazing throughout I think. Kinda too overwhelming in some parts but it fitted the theme. I'd have loved to see more of the gap between palace and mining society with more dark slums hidden underneath the rocks/bridges of this world. The bridges and filigrane structures were ace! But I also feel it wasn't really clear what each building is supposed to be and a ride or at least some indoor theming to clear it up would have helped in that regard.
    Micro (Details):
    My favorites in the park were definately the colored pools, the different crystal structures throughout the park and the use of the glass objects was really great. Also I liked the named staff which added a lot to theme, even though not explaining it too well. Of course its a pity that there are no peeps in the park, but I think that doesn't really reduce the quality of the park. For the future be sure to test parks for peep-ability earlier to avoid problems in the final phase.

Congrats both teams finishing this and yay for our first win! Finally! :)
    Great respect to AC, Ottersalad and IC - you worked together really well here despite your time issues - congrats!

"MFG"

• Ver-co%s's Photo

Arcanis Mineralis : It's a original parc (a bit eccentric and it's nice). I really like the use of glass objects. The atmosphere is "fantasque". Good ideas (micro (mix objects) and macro (general organization)). It's been a while I haven't seen (or hadn't seen ^^) such a « inspiré » work. It's a shame that there is not a higher level of details, it would have been really good. :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading