• ][ntamin22
    • chorkiel
    • Roomie
    • TwisterII
    Percentage of vote: 100.00%
  2. Hurricanes - Eras of America 0 votes [0.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 0.00%
  • csw%s's Photo

It's never good to see an unfinished park but this is still a solid round. 

Hurricanes - Not much to say here, a shame it's so badly unfinished. The layout was pretty good I guess, to answer the question, but who am I to judge that? From the looks of what architecture was done, I liked it, but I'm not sure that level of detail and large scale would have appealed to most. Again, a shame it was unfinished, you better have something fantastic for Round 5! 

Manual Laborers - How do you guys keep cranking out such amazing parks?! This is the best LL of the season so far, without a doubt. Coaster layouts are solid, atmosphere is pretty great, and there are SO MANY DETAILS I love it. My only real complaint is the landscaping. For the most part, it's pretty alright, but I think you relied too much on blank brown dirt. Could've used some more shrubberies and trees and whatnot. just because it's the wild west doesn't mean it's a desert. But that's really the only thing I'm not a huge fan of. Ride selection was pretty good, and the named tracktitecture and staff really made it seem like you guys had fun building this park. It's one thing to build a great H2H park, but it's another to have a blast doing so! Last thoughts: custom music was perfect, and if the Stallions hadn't already done it, the Gunpowder hack would've blown my mind. Let's just say that this is what I would've loved to have the wild west area in Capricorn Coast look like. 

Vote goes to Manual Laborers, a bit too easily. 

• Six Frags%s's Photo

I'm also really disappointed that Wild West didn't get a proper match-up as I would really like to see how it did against a good rct2 park. I pretty much like all the stuff you guys put in there such as that amazing hack at the beginning of Gunpowder Canyon! That really opened up the park for me and I started to see more great things like those open windows, the great little interactive darkride and the layering with the logflume and the woodie. And not to forget the atmospheric music (Love Ennio Morricone's score's).

Really great park guys, you put some life in LL again (at least for me) and I'm pretty sure I'll rate it above most rct2 parks in my overall ranking..

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Holy fuck, Manual Laborers. This was so good. Only checked this out for like 10 minutes, but I'll surely get back to this a couple of times.

first view; 9/10

Holy fuck, Hurricanes. I have no words for this.

• disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Disappointing I'll admit, I was excited about the canes lineup but have yet to be blown away. Kumba, your confidence in the rest of your teams submissions does show there's still hope for the groundbreaking parks the canes are capable. A tough match for you guys but I'm sure you'll make up for it!
  • Kumba%s's Photo

We'll make up for this. Thing is our only choice was something unfinished this week. We took the extension thinking we could get a park to 'World's Fair' point and be close, but even after slicing off chunks of the map it was still a ways from 100%

Laborers... very nice. Now that was and awesome and useful hack on Gunpowder Canyon. I thought the one on Indy Jones was just there for the sake of showing they could do it, but this hack was practical, realistic and amazingly executed. The use of peeps was great to see. That's the first time someone has done peep hacks right in LL since OZONE's comeback with Trinity Glades. Loved the 'little things' like the stagecoach and the train robbery scene... wow, that was awesome. I liked the simple landscape and think it worked well here. Overall, this reminded me a lot of Sea World Sydney by the Whzz Kids in H2H5 and that was a hell of a park. It was a bit simple overall and had a real modern LL feel with some old LL feel mixed in. 80 or 85

So there, I did a review! Really do feel like I owed it on this one...

• Coupon%s's Photo
    i got dropped and replaced with this?!? this is kinda insulting
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo

mj_popcorn.gif

• csw%s's Photo

If your popcorn is in need of salt I think Coupon can give you some. 

• G Force%s's Photo

If your popcorn is in need of salt I think Coupon can give you some.

Post of H2H right here.
  • Mr.Brightside711%s's Photo

This is one of the first LL parks that I legit enjoyed looking at. Fantastic job! My (nonexistent) vote goes to the Man Lab

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

Really great park guys, you put some life in LL again (at least for me) and I'm pretty sure I'll rate it above most rct2 parks in my overall ranking..

STOP THE PRESSES - The Labourers has won H2H7... Six Frags admitting this will top most RCT2 parks even publicity saying he didn't care about Jerusalem, now that's a accomplishment the Labourers can be proud of.

Congrats we bow down to our overlords.

Did you also notice yourself in this park too Six Frags? You're right next to Version1 in this park too lol.

• Austin55%s's Photo

i got dropped and replaced with this?!? this is kinda insulting

Were you going to be doing Batman for this week?

• Ling%s's Photo

Loved everything about The Wild West. The start to Gunpowder Canyon was a bit slow, but no real way around that in LL. The hack was beautifully done. The train robbery scene was excellent for how simple it really is. The added life of the peeps was balanced by the annoyance of all of the "Guest 118000 is lost and cannot find the park exit" messages.The architecture was surprisingly diverse and pleasant. I think this could have held its own against quite a few other parks this season, shame we can't just avoid it all and have LL vs. LL and RCT2 vs. RCT2 matches to take all that out of the equation.

• FredD%s's Photo

Don't have LL and the RCT2 park is unfinished... Nothing I can say so... 

• Louis!%s's Photo

Were you going to be doing Batman for this week?

No one knew cause there was never any posts or screens.
  • G Force%s's Photo

No one knew cause there was never any posts or screens.

I take it back, this is the post of H2H7.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I really need to put LL on my computer. Looks like a great park, Laborers. Definitely the best LL of the season so far. Hurricanes...I can't tell if you're just slipping as a captain Kumba or you just consistently get unlucky recently. Either way, even if you finished your park this round it doesn't look like you woulda had much ground. A decent effort and submitting a park regardless is commendable. Hopefully your big guns step it up in the coming rounds!
  • alex%s's Photo

Another week, another ridiculously good park by the Laborers! Here's a review with some pics:

Great park layout. Having a rio grande style river dividing a western side with a mexican themed side was a great idea. It allowed variety in theming whilst keeping it cohesive. The landscape and architecture overall was stunning and it's amazing how you pulled off a vibrant and busy western theme (rather than a sparse desert style). Obviously the peep friendliness was great to see. The park had enough going on to look lively enough without but it was cool to see and Kudos on the extra effort.

Coasters - Bandito was really cool. The cliffside interactions with the log flume were lovely it was unique in that it combined the huge drop with the second half of tight Gci style airtime bumps and twists. Gunpowder canyon was ok but other than the cool hack it was a little slow and boring (though I gather this was to keep the stats peep friendly).

Some details I really liked:

Attached Image: review pic1.png

-This amazing landscaping. I love seeing dramatic vertical landscaping like this, especially with all the ride and path interactions going on. And then pueblo village <3. So good.

Attached Image: review pic2.png

-Some inspired object use such as the suspended monorail carriage food trucks and using this buried castle turret as a well - so good! LL resourcefulness at it's best. The building behind is great too and I love the helix placement.

I couldn't find much I disliked in this park. I think you maybe overused alcoves/overhangs with the rapids and dirt texture. Seemed like there were a few instances where it was used just because you can and it's a novelty in LL but it didn't really add anything. Path glitching was a bit of an issue, especially where you'd used crazy paving, I wish you'd just stuck with dirt on these areas. Also this building, which it seems we agree on : Attached Image: review pic3.png 

Anyway, clearly the best LL park of this H2H so far and up there in my top 3. Really good job whoever built it.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Reckon I know the maker(s) of the Manual Laborers brilliant park :p

Could only see from MCI's review, but the turntable for the steel coaster was gorgeous! Interesting to see two wild west themes in the same matchup. Shame that the Canes was so unbelievably unfinished, layout looked interesting.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

POLL IS NOW LIVE AND WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR ROUGHLY 72 HOURS.

If you cannot vote, please use the 'null vote' option underneath the poll which will enable you to view the results like everyone else.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading