• Coasterbill
    • Casimir
    • CedarPoint6
    • RCTER2
    • Mr. Coaster
    • ida
    Percentage of vote: 54.55%
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Superficially, I thought at first that Universal Studios was destined to be a top 5 park in the Round Robin, but after viewing it more times I find that, though impressive in areas, was plagued with several bad design choices. The great thing about this creation was how you emulated Universal Studios's flaws decently in areas. The way that you showed how a row of the NYC buildings was just a tacky facade felt very universal, so did the lack of theming of the hyper. The architecture in NYC and in parts of HP were fantastic as well. 
    Other than that, honestly, I wasn't a fan of this park. Looking past the error on the hyper, I felt that the second half had far too many helices for its own good. The other rides in the park as well weren't very memorable, layout or theming-wise. Nothing in the Pokemon area convinced me that it was pokemon rather than the cliche' pokeball on the ground (that pikachu mural left a lot to be desired). The Drop tower was a let down, especially when you see the amount of theming and care that is taken into Drop of Doom.  The same criticisms stand for Far Far Away Land (especially how the castle was executed), but was marginally better due to the structures themselves being better-made. The HP area starts off nicely with enough pathing and space to make everything flow and work properly, but Diagon Alley felt cramped and rushed. Though the detail work was impressive, the area didn't work as a whole given how much ya'll tried to fit in such a small space. I understand that in the real US that its a little tight, but this is stretching that out even further. 

Overall 65%, so not that bad, but not as good as Babylon was. I understand how it probably was tough when seemingly your main builder leaves mid-construction and ya'll are forced to rebuild. 
  • Ling%s's Photo

Wow, very close. This is a pretty exciting match.

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote for vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote
  • Lotte%s's Photo

^for the italian stallions

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Voting Closed

Rat Pack

beat Italian Stallions

Rat Pack vote count: 12 (54.55%)

Italian Stallions vote count: 10 (45.45%)

Area52 was made by Roomie(90%) and Csw(10%).
    Universal Studios was made by Stoksy(50%) and gdb

(50%)

• djbrcace1234%s's Photo

opps, didn't know atlas was a part of this.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

I thought it was stosky and trav for sure. GDB, I know i was a hard-ass on the areas you did, but it's mainly because you don't change any bit of your style to fit a particular theme.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Wow i totally thought universal had it in the bag. Regardless, solid work guys and an amazing matchup
  • G Force%s's Photo
    Kind of disappointed in the result of this match. Definitely thought that US was the better park and the edfor by the builders deserved the win. However still, congrats to the Rat Pack on the W and great park.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

Here's a who did what map:

brq4vKM.png

Stoksy did most of the finishing up (invisible entrances etc.) so he put more work in than you can see on the map. Stoksy did the Gringotts layout and MIB, and I did the rest of it.

i'll give more details about the building process and such soon

• Xeccah%s's Photo

GDB YOU DID THE NYC AREA WHAT THE FUCK MAN

• Lotte%s's Photo

Yep, I sure did :p. Stoksy did quite a bit on it as well though, as I was quite busy with school towards the end and didn't have enough time to finish up NYC (which also explains why some parts aren't as pretty and thought out as others, if I had the time verything would look like the NYC dreamin' entrance building). Stoksy did about 5 buildings in there, and finished 4 which I hadn't finished yet (and that's if you don't count MIB towards NYC). 

Here's some of the work I'm the happiest with:

GHlg3Wp.png

expect a few of these to be posted as screenshots in a few days

• Milo%s's Photo

Even when we win, we don't get credit for it. :lol:

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I think you overkill those leadlight windows gdb, you got to mix it up or they suck the atmosphere out of an area

• Lotte%s's Photo

I probably do haha

• csw%s's Photo

Woohoo, we won! :D The park was fun to work on, even though I didn't help much. I did the corner with The Swarm (not the LSD palace though) and bits and pieces throughout, Roomie everything else. 

Also if you go back and open past LL parks throughout the season with the Danger Zone music playing it makes them 10x better. 

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Time was a serious problem for this park, with Airtime dropping out with three [I think] weeks before this round [this was originally going to be our R4 entry, and then was postponed resulting in a very unfinished LL entry from us] interiors were one thing that had to be sacrificed for the 'finishing' of the park. I had planned to do one for the Gringotts Coaster, definitely, hence the custom supports being in place. But, it was either a custom-supported coaster with completely unfinished station area or blocking off the coaster with walls. The latter gave a more 'finished' feel I thought.

Enough had been built by gdb on the park such that starting again would have resulted in an even more unfinished park, so I took every shortcut possible to try and get as much as possible done. The result was the London-facade looking a lot like Airtime's, but every object was placed by me :p. I can definitely appreciate the 'cramped' comments for Diagon Alley, and completely agree. I failed to realise how big the Gringotts Coaster building was going to be and so a lot of architecture unfortunately ended up hidden by it. I might post a screen of all the non-visible architecture in the area at some point as there are some things I really liked.

With respect to nin's review about the terrible position of the Gringotts Bank; I only noticed after I'd built it in the current position. Wish I could go back and change that...Apologies for the Hyper and Vekoma problems.

Gratz to the Rat Pack; awesome job with the park, and massive props to both builders! Danger Zone music is such a win, I have to make sure that I start using custom music more in my parks. Thanks to gdb as well, who really took the lead on this park once Airtime dropped out and made some awesome stuff; the peach + teal building is one of my favourites.

EDIT: Should have linked this http://www.nedesigns...by-x7123m3-256/ and throw a massive shout-out to X7123M3-256 for making some awesome new custom rides. I only hope I did it justice.

• nin%s's Photo
    Since when is Roomie on Heaven's Atlas?
  • trav%s's Photo

Stoksy and GDB really impressed me with this park. Sure, it's not perfect, but I think that both of these guys have definitely just cemented their names in the top tier of parkmakers right now. I can't wait to see what they come up with next, with a little more time to focus on the overall composition. 

• FredD%s's Photo

GDB you stepped your game up big time! 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading