RCT Discussion / Another SOB problem

• Butterfinger%s's Photo
    I have asked just about everyone on my buddy list this (including RRP), and NO ONE as of yet has had an answer to it.

I mean really, has no one come across a point where they needed to alter train settings in RCT2 with the SOB trainer? Has anyone noticed the little bullet down at the bottum of the alter ride settings window that states you need some sort of patch to change train settings? Does anyone across the entire interface of these forums have any idea what this patch is and where I can get it?

First person to give me the info I need gets a complementary Poppy Seed Muffin! ;)X
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Im sure the eight cars trainer lets u change the trains on rides..
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    actually i dont think it does ??? :lol:
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    Ahhh..... too bad Adam, you dont get the muffin ;)

Actually, I thought 8 cars DID allow that.......... I will probably end up having to try it if no one answers my question.

C'mon guys, this is a pretty nice muffin. Does no one want it?
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Well, there is a track hacker that was on RCTS, but I don't know where to get it. I believe it is called simply "RCT2 Track Hacker" or "RCT2 Trainer" or something simple, and it's by a guy named "Imasponge" or "Imthesponge". It allows you to change operating mode and train type flawlessly, and set the chainlifts at up to 500 mph (I believe), but if the kind of cars on a different style track don't have at least the same elements as those used on the coaster, it crashes. So, to do something drastic like, say, have a flyer go through a big loop, you will still need to merge with "8 Cars".

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • RRP%s's Photo
    ....dont ask me i dont do rct2, not yet anyways.
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    Let me break it down for you. The issue with the trains on different tracks or either 3 trains instead of 1 on a power launch. Yes it is possible and yes you can do it with the Beast, the RCT2 Trainer, and the 8 Cars per Trainer. They all allow it to be done, for the most part. But lets start with the switching tracks.

Remember that little patch called the Drexler Patch. That patch is what kept those rides operating with a switched car and mode. Without the patch, RCT2 will decrease reliablity (even when you restore it) and increase down-time. Therefor, every 5 seconds you get a little message about it breaking down some breakdowns result in crashing.

The only alternate way to avoid the breaking down and such is by merging the coasters and setting it to powered launch mode with iamthesponges trainer (the only one i know for a fact will not effect the coaster when the mode is changed) I am trying to figure out a way to work around using a patch and the trainers but it seems impossible.

As far as making more trains or cars. I tried and changed the # of cars and yeah it works, for the first 2 seconds. Its like as soon as you see it, its gone. You can't alter the number of any sort and it be successful. It just won't work. It changes back too fast.

So all in all, no its not possible, which is why the Beast says "blah blah, until there is a pacth for it, blah" Just merge the track if you want a different train on a different track or if you want to change the number, you can't.

- - Junya Boy :-)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading