Custom Scenery Exchange / Custom Rides by X7123M3-256

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    RMC!
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    True. You're pretty limited with Mack as well (no inversions on tri-rail track), but because Mack do a mege-lite style coaster, that's not so much an issue. Still, if that track had inversions you could do a looper as well (as far as I can tell Mack uses the same train for their mega coasters, launched coaster and looping coasters). I think the RMC is going to be a lot of work to finish even though it's half done. I gave up before because it was too difficult, and not much has changed. I'll do the Mack first, then, unless there are people that particularly want the RMC

EDIT: So while I was writing this post there were two people that wanted the RMC. I'll just do whatever has the most eesponses by tommorow morning, as I'm pretty indecisive over which is the better choice myself.
  • G Force%s's Photo

Any new wooden coaster trains would be epic, maybe modern 4 person trains with the large headrests or a better version of the dream woodie trains.  Updated versions of the giga looper trains would be nice too, or even a B&M hyper train like Diamondback and Behemoth have.  So many good options.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    I've suddenly got a lo of responses asking for the RMC, so maybe I'll finish that first instead of the Mack. It's mostly finished, but getting all the details correct is tricky. I have found that I can sometimes get focal length from EXIF data, so camera calibration shouldn't be as hard as it was when I started it.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Have you thought about doing trains like Maverick / Kingda Ka has?
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    Yes. Many times. The main reason for not doing Intamin trains was that they really need a launch. You can hack one, but this does not persist in TD6 files. I'm tempted to just do them anyway as it's a train style I really want, but you'd be limited to Rita style layouts because you can't get a top hat nor verticals. This, of course, would all apply for the Mack too, but I would do that as a mega coaster tbat happens to be tbe same as their launched coaster.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    I'm going to bed now. I'll check back in the morning and decide which to do. Seems more people want the RMC at the moment. Someone on Reddit wants me to port an RCT1 ride to RCT2, so I'll work on that first, and then I'll start on the new trains.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    Which rct1 ride? Most everything has already been ported.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    The mini suuspended coaster. Apparently it's different to the RCT2 version
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Does anyone happen to know the track gauge that RMC uses?

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

RMC models are done (sort of):

o2ZnQ7o.png

I'm not 100% about the restraints, but since you're lucky if the restraints even show up in game I'm not going to spend too much time getting them perfect. The color scheme may change; it's not until the sprites are rendered that you can be sure what works and what doesn't. However, the biggest issue is that I have yet to establish the correct scale for the ride; I can't find the track gauge or any other measurement anywhere.

I may struggle creating a test layout for this - I can't merge tracks in OpenRCT2, and I'm not really happy with wooden track as a base - it just doesn't look right, and RMCs normally have inversions and near-vertical drops, neither of which the wooden track can do. The released ride will be on wooden track, but the test layout might have to be on twister just so I can have a more interesting layout.

• DejaVu2001%s's Photo

I can't find anything specific to RMC, but PTC trains track gauge is 33 inches. I would guess RMC is likely the same since Topper Track has been used on existing rides.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Awesome! Topper track has been used on coasters that run PTC trains, so I'd expect the gauge to be the same, though the way Topper track is constructed, that sort of thing would be easily varied - but I can't find anything else and I need the scale now so I'll stick with this measurement. Thanks for the information.

• DejaVu2001%s's Photo

One thing that might be a good idea colorwise is to make the restraints a set neutral color (brown/gray/black) and make the chasis the third recolorable portion since that is often a different color from the body or the seating area, and as you mentioned, the restraints won't stand out that much.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I've been playing with the color scheme a bit - I've not settled on it yet. I usually reserve the third remap color for the restraints precisely because it makes them stand out when they might otherwise not be visible. Sometimes I re-use it elsewhere for small details. I'll try some different combinations and see what works.  I think matching the color schemes of existing rides would be very hard, as they tend to be very elaborate and customized for each train.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Well, I scaled the cars to the width suggested, but they look way too small, so I'm back to looking for information on the train size. It's possible that RMC's cars are narrower than others, but I need to find something to confirm that, especially as I had to cut off the peep's foot to fit it in the train.

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    Looks great!!
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    I tested it in game today but I'm really struggling to establish the correct scale for the ride. Someone suggested that the track gauge ought to match the PTC trains at 33 inches, but I believe this is too small - I had to cut off parts of the peep model to fit it in. I can't find the gauge for RMC track given anywhere, which means I may have to try and find an alternative source. One option is to try to tie it to dimensions of the track layout - easier to get, but with a high margin for error. Another is to tie it to the in game PTC cars - which means just assuming they're the same width. Ideally I'd have multiple methods converge on the same answer, but that seems unlikely. Establishing the correct scale is really the only obstacle remaining - animating and rendering the completed models does not take long.
  • DejaVu2001%s's Photo

More data, still only PTC though, the 33 inches is the inside edge of the rail. The gauge between the road wheels is 43 1/4 inches.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    Yep, that's what I used. I'd be surprised if they're not the same, but the train looks very small in game so I want to find some more data to back up that figure.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading