• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Send updates to me

shalaam02@aol.com

Subject: NE INVITATIONAL UPDATE #2 FROM [insert your name here]

All text updates. No pics. Thanks!
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Heres My Update

BAD NEWS

Due to my pc screwing up I lost everything on my pc and so I lost my fav park in construction my NE invit. I was going to start again but I wouldn't of made the deadline as it took me just a month to do the 50% of the entrance area as I was putting so much detail in. oh well I so sad I can't be involed in this now.

Good luck to every one else.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    ill get one in soon
  • RRP%s's Photo
    unfortunately ive got bigger fish to fry (whales)

u know what i mean........
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    I send my update
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    could you post the choice of areas again? im not so happy with one or two or them and want to consider a change of plans..
  • mantis%s's Photo
    When are these updates going to be posted?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Now.

MISTER UNKNOWN
    The construction of the new theme park, still called Project Six-Eight, is progressing slowly, too slow, say workmen. They fear they might not meet the July 18th deadline. Although two areas are complete Athens & Pinewood Canyon) there are 4 areas left...

MY, WHO'S THIS?
    The world is forming...
    Things are evolving...
    The Dragons are taking over...
    And then there was man.

MYSTERY
    The new park is well underway, with one coaster installed and several more planned. Enter the first area: "Old Coventry", a medieval village ravaged by the local Dragon. Guests need not be alarmed however, as there are several other attractions and novelties to entertain those too frightened to face the monster. Take a trip back in time, and bring your fire-retardant suit while you're at it!
    Drawing influences from practically everyone worth copying, this Invitational Entry will keep visitors guessing right up until the results.

I DUNNO
    Hi. This is my second update. My 1st one was of a different park, because that park sucked. It had a medieval area, with dragons (one out of the two looked pretty good) and it had this really weird hacked ride that was really hacked well but way to colorful for next to the medieval. Then I had a tropical section, which didn’t look tropical enough to me, but 1st I peeped it in the other one, and later deleted it all again because I again didn’t like it. Now there’s one area, and I'm basically just figuring out how the hell I’m gonna fit so many areas in one map. Is there an option so that I can kind of only choose 4 or 5 themes? Btw. my Egyptian area is almost done and has a cool BeeMer, I constructed an odd woodie, and I constructed an awesome pair of inverted duelers unlike anything you've seen before.

I kinda forgot the themes.... lol.... and I think that thread go deleted....

So if anyone remembers them, could you post? (like, I think there were 8 or 9 themes, and two groups).
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    i know, viking, venice, dragon medeival graveyard, hazardous factory wastelands, ancient greek, egyptian, tropical paradise, (something to do with snow), western?, extreme..
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    CLASSICAL
    Egyptian
    Ancient Greece
    Mining Town

NEW
    Viking
    Venice
    Alpine
    Xtreme Sports
    Tropical Lagoon

DARK
    Dragon Medieval Graveyard
    Factory Wasteland

those I know for sure, I think there's a couple more in the NEW category that I can't remember. you have to pick one from each section and then add two or three more from the list (three if you choose to make your entrance one of these themes. you can make a traditional entrance area though if you wish). i think those were the rules.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I think Ed has it right.

Pick one theme from each. Your park must have five themed areas as well. All five must come from this list, but you must choose at least one theme from each category. :)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    So there's only like....5 people? Cool, I get a top 5 finish!

*dances*
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

I think Ed has it right.

Pick one theme from each.  Your park must have five themed areas as well.  All five must come from this list, but you must choose at least one theme from each category.  :)

oooooooo!!! i thought it used to be 6. good bye space problem!

I think Ed has it right.

Pick one theme from each.  Your park must have five themed areas as well.  All five must come from this list, but you must choose at least one theme from each category.  :)

oooooooo!!! i thought it used to be 6. good bye space problem!

Damn. I thought it was six. This can cause major problems for me.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    does anyone else think it might be six instead of five? Cause looking at the planning I've done for the park I have 6 themed areas and an entrance. I suppose I could blend the entrance into one of the themes though because I didn't have a theme for the entrance anyway. But it seems to me if you guys think it was six and I had planned to have six maybe it was six.

Now I'm thinking we were to pick 3 from each section and then 3 more from the list. If we wanted to make the entrance one of those themes we could or we could have an additional entrance area. Does this sound more right?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Wait, you're right. It WAS 6 sections. One of the six can be the entrance section, though. :)
    :D

Good. No worries anyomore.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    For anyone who was still wondering, I'm no longer in the NE Invitational competition. I tried to get a park going but in the end I decided it wasn't worth it especially when I have other parks I'd rather be working on. I may finish my NE Invitational park eventually but it won't be in time for the competition. I'm sorry to the other people in the competition and especially to Corkscrewed. I tried, it just wasn't working.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    *rubs hands together*

eeexcellent :D
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Sorry for bringing back such an old topic...

It's just that I'm still planning on entering and I'm making sure the deadline is at the end of next month. Thanks. :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading