• Fisch
    • thirteen
    • Tolsimir
    • Six Frags
    • Rofl
    • Steve
    Percentage of vote: 22.06%
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Check out the observatory in the center of the park to find an answer.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

What's the story behind the street that was built then removed at the bottom?

The best idea and execution I've ever seen in a park.  

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

Thank god you guys re-did that original blue coaster, I didn't like the look of the layout especially that super tall TTD-like hill. I don't think it fits in well with the park surroundings. Great work on everything!

• alex%s's Photo

Check out the observatory in the center of the park to find an answer.

omg! I guess I'll start clicking on trackitecture more...

Btw, is there a guide anywhere or tool somewhere for editing the game palette? 

• Steve%s's Photo

Who built what on Paradise Pier?

• Cocoa%s's Photo

Alright, I promised some reviews, here they come

fantasy park with strong narrative: Whats here is lovely, actually. although I feel like that sandy landscaping was already done (in morrow world) and the gold scifi castle has also been done a few times. regardless, good execution on whats there.

paradise pier: the first thing I said when I opened this was "congrats on rebuilding DAW". you guys are skilled as fuck, and you know it. so put your skills to better, more creative use! So much of this felt like a rehash of DAW, trying to get back what made that park great, like a safe bet for a winner. From waterside details, to the way you handled queues, to the theme choices (yeah I know its a rec), it felt so familiar. Especially those san francisco houses looked almost identical. Lotte World similarly suffered from the 'been there, done that' feeling- take your fantastic skills and break out! Do something amazing and different and creative! That said, the park is still very good (other than the ferris wheel- whats with that color scheme guys? and it blocks so much stuff!) My favorite bit is the pier area across from the entrance, and the mystic manor building. Fantastic detailing and architecture. Overall the park is filled with amazing realism, foliage, etc. Its all finished perfectly and crisp. Definitely seems like a park fitting of this season's Hurricanes (amazing season, I might add). So overall, mediocre idea, amazing performance. Disneypunk was sort of the opposite- a more creative park, executed a little more poorly, so I probably have a grudge that this park beat us by so much :p

83/100

Asteroid Fields: this park definitely deserves to be the winner, fantastic work all around. I had no idea how NE would react to it but it seems like we all pretty much love it, so fantastic work (and way to break out of your comfort zones, builders! canes take notes. screw it, I'm taking notes too). There are just so many incredible little ideas, everytime I open the park I find more stuff to be amazed at. From the telescope to the slanting paths to the pinball to the haunted house laboratory, so much to see, and all executed really beautifully. I'm not 100% a fan of the architecture but I don't have any clue how you could have done it better. Also, that palette is perfect, worked so well for the theme. I especially love the blue coaster, thats a beautiful layout and somehow doesn't discount the hyper-sci-fi theme despite being a realistic layout. Just pure fun. Congrats to an exciting and unexpected end to your season, I was always a HA fan. :)

88/100

• Xeccah%s's Photo

Steve, I built all the structures/buildings in the park except for most of the games, midway mania, and ariel's grotto. I also built the zephyr and jumping jellyfish. Pac did the games, midway mania, the layout, the ferris wheel, the swings, Goofy's sky school (except for the entrance tower, which was mine), ariel's grotto and world of color. RCT2day did CS's supports. G Force did touch up work and some interiors to buildings 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    This park screams for a dot map.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Let me make sure my other team members finished their dots first, then i'll add it. 

• Tolsimir%s's Photo
    Cocoa which of the blue coasters do you mean? The one with the red track or the one with the yellow track? :p

Thanks for your review!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

uhhh wasn't the intamin light blue? I'm lost :p

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

I remember the first time I looked on NE just over a year ago, I didn't think I could build anything half as good as what I saw posted in the screens. I'm stoked there was a such an overwhelming appreciation for our park. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right! :p Of course, that was major team work, especially with Tolsimir. You're a good mentor bro!... maybe we'll work together again in the future,

Thanks for all the reviews NE, and to the other 5 teams. We're walking away from this contest with at least 20 amazing parks to add to the history books!

• Xeccah%s's Photo

gUrNW6Y.png?1

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

So I'm finally replying to this topic. I just gotta say so, so many of the parks this season have been so mindblowing. It's been amazing to watch. So much has changed in my life since this started, which is both what I feared but also what I hoped for at the same time. And, just as I thought, it absolutely destroyed any building time I might have had. But a lot of good real life events have taken place, which is awesome.

These parks, and pretty much every high quality release as of late, have brought a thought to my mind which I believe is a bit of a "elephant in the room" that no one really wants to admit or address, I guess. Here's my thoughts. Parks nowadays look better than ever. Are more peepable than ever. Are more operable, functional, and just plain old more amazing than ever. I love it. I absolutely love every bit of it. It's beautiful. But I see a problem, not a "end all", but something that imo will need to be addressed somehow in the near future. Parks that win anything now take a (imo) completely unreasonable amount of time to build. People are spending 100+ in-game years on a project for these "smaller" H2H maps. And several hundred on their solo projects. I don't know about you guys, but I don't have that kind of time to devote to this game.

That's why, in all honesty, reading the community's response to so many round robin parks, and even some responses to these parks, is demoralizing, to say the least. I mean I was building on World's Fair between Midnight and 3 in the morning and functioning on almost no sleep for that park. And what did people say? "The coaster [was experiencing what most people fail to realize is a minor glitch that is easily fixable], therefore I'm not even gonna look at it or give you any credit for building it." In my defense it was from Rob zc'ing but in his defense it's certainly not that big of a mistake to make. And that's just the start. I watched Rob pull late-night/early-morning sessions more than I did, and Sey try and work between the time differences and RL issues, and people just ripped them a new one as to "how disappointed" they were. And it wasn't just world's fair, and certainly not just our team. I thought so many of the parks were amazing yet people just.... raked them over the coals. I dunno. Maybe I'm just getting old. :p I feel like this season was so mind blowing but it's a tough crowd out there. I know it's what NE is known for but it's starting to really sway too far to the side I feel. I mean c'mon people, just sit back and enjoy what's there. :) It's awesome. And it's a miracle that anything is ever finished at this high of building quality anymore. I mean there were multiple spotlights per year and now it's dropped off a cliff because it's just too much work to live up to the standard.

I think the balance of detail vs. time it takes to make something decent was hit back before 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128, and 1/256 sized building blocks, like around PT2. Since then the time it takes to make anything has just skyrocketed and has no intention of slowing down. The accolades honestly don't mean that much to me anymore, because I just want to see finished RCT work at this point. And it's there, just needs the recognition it deserves. I know I'll probably get my buns roasted for this post but I'm just gonna say it: the members with the loudest voices at NE have set the bar too high. There. I said it. I thought pretty much all the parks in this contest were amazing. Thank you admins for taking the time out of your lives to put it on. It's been an amazing show. Here's to more awesome RCT work. :)

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Yeah we were definitely our usual harsh lot. I think were so versed in parks being great that we skip that or rush saying it because its the same every time, and theres many more ways to list critiques than list good bits. On top of that, were actively making judgements in this competition, so to choose between two great parks you nees reasons, which can seem trivial. And in top of that again, you always remember the critiques and not the nice ones. I remember the bad things said about bermuda (and all my releases) way more than the good- i think thats a human thing.

But i think youre right about people with loud voices. This competition, while being generally unprecedentedly friendly and respectful (imo), definitely had its share of people who perhaps should put their money where their mouth is. Ie, shit people doing a lot of shit talking :p Not that i think they should stop, but i always take with a grain of salt people telling me something was not perfect or good enough when i know they couldnt get half as close
  • Faas%s's Photo

You are completely right Sephiroth about people being a bit too harsh with pretty cool stuff. The problem is however that it is not necessary to spend so much time on parks. I think the best things I have seen this season are around or less than 100 years (I'm not sure). All these 1/256 sized building blocks and extensive hacks that take all nighters are not necessary, but people choose to do so. 
    If I'm not mistaken, Heaven's Atlas won the competition with on average spending about the least amount of time per park. It's just that there is a feeling going around (mainly with some builders) that every park has to be overdetailed/overhacked to look good. A lot of people will however tell you that that is absolutely not true. 
    You can spend 200 in game years on a park and have every piece of land covered in 100 tiny objects, but still in the end it's about whether it looks good and gives of a fun/pleasurable vibe (at least for me). So don't make it sound like it is a necessity to spend so much time and detail on one park. After all it's still what builders choose to do. 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Fully agreed, Faas. And I plan on doing some statistical analyses on that matter.
  • Version1%s's Photo

I don't remember every park of last H2H but I think I liked the last one better than this one. And if you don't want to get criticised you probably shouldn't take part in an elitist contest such as H2H.

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    we're ok with criticism but it's not fair to any builder to be killing himself mentally to produce ridicously high quality, detailed work for it only to.get slaughtered with negativity. NE isn't entitled to such fantastic parks and honestly we should know how hard getting a park out in 4 weeks is.

mostly every release this h2h and of h2h6 have been fantastic. and it shows how high the quality of parks has become in recent years
  • Version1%s's Photo

Yeah but that was a choice every member that signed up made. Don't tell me anyone was surprised by how tight the schedule is. And at the end of the day the users have to criticise the parks to determine a winner in this contest.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading